Club Lame discussion

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo > SPOILERS!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!! I'M NOT LYING!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 70 comments Mod
Seriously, I am so not down with the romance! For me it came out of left field! Then the chick seemed like somewhat of a psycho at the end of the book when she threw away the Elvis poster thingy!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Hell yeah, I already have both of them!

That was one sick ass family!

She is totally going to be emo forever! But, she's a hacker and uses a Mac, so I'm down! LOL

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

While poverty, social injustice, parental abuse, and difficult childhoods are often cited as explanations for criminal behavior, Lisbeth believes in free will and choice. Do you agree? (I found this on another website!)

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Discuss Mikael Blomkvist's role in the investigation. Do you feel that he made as important a contribution as Lisbeth? Why or why not? (Look at me...sparking discussion! LMAO)

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

I felt like the characters had a definite chemistry, but I didn't pick up on any sexual tension between them. They just seemed like really awesome friends...a legitimate male/female friendship. I thought the author took the easy way out by creating the "love triangle." I would have found a platonic friendship much more interesting!

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments Stephanie wrote: "While poverty, social injustice, parental abuse, and difficult childhoods are often cited as explanations for criminal behavior, Lisbeth believes in free will and choice. Do you agree? (I found thi..."

Lisbeth engaged in criminal behavior too. If she hadn't been thru whatever she went thru, would she have shoved a gigantic butt plug up his ass and tattoodled those messages on his chest? She might think it's free will and choice, but her choice is most definitely influenced by whatever happened in her past.

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments Did you suspect Martin??? What did you think happened to Harriet?

I thought something was weird about Martin, but not *that* weird. I was leaning toward Cecilia the whole time and even at some points thought that maybe even Henrik had something to do with it.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

I really had no idea what was going on. I thought it might be some kind of hate crimes because of all the Nazi talk. I NEVER would have guessed what was really going on. That was some sick shit!

message 9: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (gemini0577) | 24 comments yea... what y'all said

message 10: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (gemini0577) | 24 comments too late... read them all... you are speaking to someone who frequently visits spoilerfix.com to get the scoop one TV shows... of course, for a booit kind of has an anti-climatic feel it. ;P

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Damn Ricky! You're only hurting yourself!

message 12: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (gemini0577) | 24 comments I haven't seen the movie. Tim did. LOL.

message 13: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (gemini0577) | 24 comments nope... he prolly rented it from me but I never saw it...

message 14: by Tezra - Esquire (new)

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments The movie is on Netflix instant play, Sharayn. Mark said he started to watch it but got sick of the subtitles.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

I need to watch it now. I heard it was really good.

message 16: by Tezra - Esquire (new)

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments I'm going to try and watch it too, but can't promise I won't get annoyed of the subtitles too. :)

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

That was the most discussion we've ever had about a book!

message 18: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (gemini0577) | 24 comments they are remaking it in an english version, fyi

message 19: by Stephanie (new)

I know, I'm sure it will suck!

message 20: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (gemini0577) | 24 comments It's got Daniel Craig in it... it can't be thaaaaat bad. LOL

message 21: by Tezra - Esquire (new)

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments Soooooo can't see Kristen Stewart as Lisbeth!! PUKE! Thank goodness she's out of it! Something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

It would have been Bella with the Dragon Tattoo! She plays the same character over and over!

message 23: by Tezra - Esquire (new)

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments Ha! Yes, she sure does! Though, to give her credit, she did do a pretty good frozen in ice older sister in Zathura. ;)

message 24: by Tezra - Esquire (new)

Tezra - Esquire | 49 comments How about we all Netflix the Swedish version this weekend? Hehe!

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

I'm down for Netflix and the Swedish version!

message 26: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 16 comments I finished! Am I last?