Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > International Chat

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Lauren, Sashana, and I have noticed that we have a very diverse group of members. We have people in Tokyo, Australia, Sweden, England, Turkey, Jordan, and I'm sure many more. We thought it would be nice to start a little area to talk about the differences in clothing, food, schooling, etc. The only things we ask you to avoid talking about are religion and politics. People hold very strong emotions and opinions when it comes to these topics, so please refrain from discussions about these and as always be courteous to one another.

So maybe we'll start this off by breaking the ice with the following questions:

What country do you live in?

What do you wear on a typical day?

What would be a typically meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

How many years of school is typical for a person in your country? Are there different names for the schools you attend at different levels of education?

If a person was to visit your country what are the top ten things they should do or see?

What kind of music is typical/traditional/unique to your country?

What is your favorite author from your country?

What is your country most famous for?

Are there any animals that are unique to your country?

What is the climate like in your country? Do you have 4 seasons?

message 2: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I think this is going to be my new favorite section :)
I'll do one about Jamaica since I was born there (and lived there until I was 14).

*The USA, but like I said I was born and raised in Jamaica

*Shorts and light clothing (gotta love the cotton)

*Breakfast: Cornmeal Porridge, Lunch:Patty (either beef patty, curry patty, or cheese patty), Dinner: Jerk Chicken, Jerk Pork, Festival (it’s a sugary fried bread), Ackee and Salt fish (which happens to be our national dish), Fried Fish and Bammy.

How many years of school is typical for a person in your country? Are there different names for the schools you attend at different levels of education?
*Well you start ‘Basic School’ when you are 3 years old (Americans call this Kindergarten)
Then you start ‘Primary School’ when you are six years old (grade 1) and continue there until your 12 (grade 6).
You start ‘High School’ when you’re 12/13 years old (grade 7) and continue until you’re 16 years old (grade 11).
After grade you graduate from high school if you want to go to college then you MUST go to ‘College’ for an additional 2 years. We call it lower 12 and upper 12 in Jamaica (as in lower 12th grade and upper 12th grade)
Then after that you attend 4 years of University if you want to.

If a person was to visit your country what are the top ten things they should do or see?
*1) If you want to see the Jamaica from the t.v. commercial with pretty white beaches then you need to go to Negril. The sand is really white, the waves are calm, and the sea is crystal clear.
2) Rose Hall Great House- Which is an old slave plantation and the owner Annie Palmer was said to be a witch (I’ve been there and it’s very cool yet creepy at the same time).
3) Blue Mountain- Jamaica’s tallest Mountain and you can see Cuba from this mountain (no lie!)
4) Dunn River Falls- Who needs Niagara falls when Jamaica has this beauty? Plus a James Bond film was shot there back in the day. Cool beach but way too many tourists.
5) Black River- Yes, the river is black and it is infested with crocodile and all those swampy creatures but it is very peaceful.
6) Kingston- Because it’s where I’m from and it’s our largest city (and capital city).
7) Carnival- Lots of cool costume and dancing, we even have a kiddy carnival
8) Jerk Pork/Jerk Chicken Festival- If you have never had Jamaican Jerk pork or jerk chicken then you are missing out on a great delicacy.
9) Reggae Sun Splash- to hear live music from popular reggae artist
10) Montego Bay- Another place in Jamaica with breath-taking beaches :)
Reggae and Dancehall

*Don’t have one.

*Bob Marley, Reggae, its beautiful beaches, Usain Bolt (the fastest man in the world), and our superb track and field team which dominates at the Olympics :)

*Hmmm, I don’t think we have any unique animals in our country, just your standard tropical animals.

*We have three seasons: hot, hotter, and hottest.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments That's really cool Sashana :]

message 4: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisebeth) What country do you live in?
- Australia!

- Well it is winter right now so jeans and a hoodie are my comfort clothes!

- Breakfast is usually cereal! Weetbix!
Lunch is usually a vegemite sandwich! yum yum!
And dinner is whatever mum is cooking! haha!

- You can start at pre-school which is like ages 3 - 4.
The you go onto primary school at age 5. Starting in Kindergarten and moving onto Year 1 - 6.
When you are 12 you go to highschool. The years are year 7, 8, 9, 10. You can leave school once you complete year 10 but most people go onto senior years 11 and 12.
Finishing school at about 17/18 years old.
Then you can go to Uni, college or TAFE (which is kind of like college as well)

- Visit the Harbour Bridge
- Visit the Opera House
- Swim in the Great Barrier Reef
- Go to the beaches
- Have Vegemite!
- Pet a Kangaroo
- Pet a Koala
- Visit the theme parks
- Take surfing lessons
- Enjoy an Aussie beer!

- I suppose Country and Rock are the typical/traditional types of music we have.

- I don't actually have one!

- Being lazy. Ha ha! Actually I think we are more famous for our laid back culture.

- Too many to list!

- We say we have all 4 seasons but most of the year it is really hot like Summer time and then we have a few cold winter months. So I like to think we only have the 2 seasons.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments Elise wrote: "What country do you live in?
- Australia!

- Well it is winter right now so jeans and a hoodie are my comfort clothes!

What would be a typically meal for break..."

Thanks for sharing Elise... I've never heard of your cereal choice. Lol! :)

message 6: by Samantha (last edited Aug 25, 2010 04:42PM) (new)

Samantha | 106 comments What country do you live in?
-Turkey:)

-it is summer so I wear shorts,sandals,sunglasses(I love sunglasses!)

- At breakfast,abundantly bread with jam and hazelnut paste:) lunch, abundanttly bread again with fried potatoes and at dinner, well I love fast food but my mom get angry to me cause of that so I eat what she make (but I love tantuni most!yummyy!!!)

-Well, if we want we can start at 3-5 we called it 'kıreş' I dont think there's a name of english about it:/but we start at 6 (kindergarten) then at 7 we start primary school and finish it when we became 14 then we start to high school it is finish at 18 then university but its variable. I'll study 4 years but if you wanna study medicine you'll study 6 years!Also, we have different high school we join a exam for choose our high school like university entrance exams... I went anatolian high school:)

-Of course Istanbul!!!!!(our cultural capital)Hmmm where can I satart to tell:)
-Bosphorus Bride!
-Topkapı and Dolmabahçe Palces
-Girl tower(both of them one is in Istanbul and the other is in Mersin:) )
-Galata and Beyazıt Towers
-Anatolian and Rumeli Forts
-Alanya!!!(our tourist capital:))I love Akdeniz and the sea really great you can see sand sea's ground ans it's so clean:)Also it is near to Aspendos! omg,it is really great!
-Ankara( our capital city:))
-Gelibolu peninsula(it is the place that where the one of the bloodiest world war 1)
-Çıralı:) you can spen a natural and mysterious holiday the Lycan, Roman and Byzantine civilazitions on the structure of the Olympus. Also you can see the fire burning three tousands year:)
Also you should watch our belly dance, eat our traditional food(especially, tantuni,haricot bean,familiar meatballs,sarma)eat our traditional deserts(baklava,cezerye,turkish delight) also you should go for a ride with phateon our islands(at Istanbul):)there's alot but I should stop I guess:)

-we listen pop,rock etc.. but we have a traditional music kind,too we call it' turkish folk music'

-Gülten Dayıoğlu, Mina Hepsen

-Our history, our Bosphorus Bride, belly dance:)

-Ankara cat, Van Cat(we have lots of cat:)I can hear them whem March beacome:)lol!)

-Yes, we haveall 4 seasons:)

message 7: by Lauren (last edited Aug 25, 2010 08:21PM) (new)

Lauren | 931 comments Wow that sounds like a very cool country :) Soundes like somewhere with very cool culture and history.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 106 comments lol:) yes I love my country Lauren but also I wanna see around the world:)

message 9: by Lisarenee (last edited Aug 29, 2010 09:26AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Okay I will be the token American here in case someone doesn't know about the US or would just like to know more.
United States of America

Right now in summer - Shorts, t-shirt, sandles
In winter - Jeans, long sleeved shirt, tennis shoes, maybe a coat (warmer where I live with little chance of snow)

Breakfast - Life Cereal
Lunch - Roast beef sandwich (on white bread with mustard, mayonaise, lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese), chips (Fritos), and a diet Pepsi.
Dinner - Bar-B-Que Chicken made on the grill with a baked potato and Corn-on-the-Cob. (A friend of mine from France thought corn was only suitable for pigs, but it's one of my favorite vegetables.)

Elementary School(aka Grade School) = Kindergarten - 5th grade (age 5 - 10)

Middle School(aka Junior High) = 6th Grade - 8th grade (age 11 - 13)

High School = 9th - 12th (a 9th grader is known as Freshman,10th as a Sophmore,11th as a Junior, and 12th as a Senior) (age 14 - 17)

College(optional) = You can get a 4 year degree or get Masters with and additional 2 or so years and a Doctorate with some more additional years) (age 18 - ?)

In no particular order:
1)New York City to see Statue of Liberty, Empire State building, Museums, and catch a Broadway Musical
2)See Mount Rushmore in South Dakota
3)See the Grand Canyon in Arizona
4)See Yosemite National Park in California
5)See Carlsbad Caverns National Park
6)See Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho
7)Go to Hawaii
8)See Washington D.C. to see the monuments and museums
9)Go to San Francisco, California - See the Golden Gate Bridge and ride the Cable cars
10)Go to Los Angels/Hollywood California
Note: There are many more places.

We don't have any traditional music that I can think of. Perhaps Country Music could be considered unique, since Nashville is considered the Country Music Capitol. Just about anything goes here - Country, Rock, Jazz, Heavy Metal, Classical, etc

Too many to really choose just one. Plus, it seems to change all the time.

The Statue of Liberty, Country Music, and Hollywood? Never really thought about it before.

Not that I'm aware of.

Yes, We have all four. Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall. We get snow in most states, but there are some more tropical places that usually don't.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Hey Samantha, why does your country like cats? I love cats!

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 466 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Okay I will be the token American here in case someone doesn't know about the US or would just like to know more.
United States of America

What do you wear on a typic..."

A few more things to add for us Southerners in the USA.

Typical Meal:
Breackfast: Grits with butter or closer to Charleston it would be Shrimp and Grits

Lunch and Dinner: BBQ and fried anything

Favorite Author from my country?
Kim Harrison is one of many, but she lives in SC like me

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 106 comments Heather, we have lots of kind cats but there can live just our land. exm, Van cats are just live in Van:) and they have a green eye and the other eye is blue:) I love them,too and I love cats, too. But at March, I can hear all the miyauvv and weird sound in my room and they are everywhere we cant take them under control... for example when I try to wait for bus they copulate just in front of me, in the middle of the street . one day it became again and we wait for bus there is a girl and girl's dad near me we can see cats and she started to cry and ask her dad what they are doing!:) lol I laughed a lot but its I dont know they are too many I think:)

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Wow! Those are neat cats! I would expect they would go somewhere private but I guess all males are the same eh???

Oh that poor Dad! Hee-hee, yeah that would be a tough one to explain..

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 106 comments lol! yeah, all males are the same!! and one of my friend make jokes about it and make a video about cats then he put it Facebook. lol!but when I hear them at March they like mmm.. arguing not like copulating....

And Dad!!! omg I cant stop myself and started to laughing because his face look like a tomatoe and everyone started to looking him. He coughed and whisper something I cant hear it but I guess girl didnt like his answer cause she started to cry again, her dad got angry then they get on the bus...
Oh! there's a couple cat but they dont do it any other cats just each other its cute but not their voices god! they are doing it just under my window!!!!

message 15: by Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Aug 29, 2010 09:10AM) (new)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) What country do you live in?

Wales, UK

It's summer here and so it is usually a tea-shirt and joggers

Breakfast: toast or cereal
Lunch: soup or a sandwich
Dinner: pasta, stir fry, fish

Primary school(compulsory): age 5-11
Secondary School (compulsory): age 12-16
6th Form (not compulsory): age 17-18
Further Education: college or university

1. Cardiff, the capital of Wales
2. Big Pit, National Coal Mining Museum (go 300 feet underground to discover what life was like at the coal face)
3. Pembrokeshire's wild and beautiful coast
4. Welsh castles such as Carreg Cennen, Powys, Harlech, Caernarfon
5. Welsh Slate Museum at Llanberis, North Wales
6. Portmeirion, Italianiate village seen in the classic 1960s TV series 'The Prisoner' starring Patrick McGoohan
7. Great Little Steam Trains of Wales (narrow guage preserved lines)
8. Snowdonia National Park (100 lakes, 90 mountain peaks, 37 miles of coastline and beaches
9. Llangollen Canal and Pontcysyllte Aqueduct (a World Heritage site)
10. Brecon Beacons National Park

Welsh Male Voice Choirs and harp music

Probably the most famous is the poet, Dylan Thomas, but I don't have any favourite Welsh authors

Singing, coal mining, Richard Burton, Tom Jones, Manic Street Preachers, farmhouse cheeses, laverbread (made from edible seaweed), Welsh Black cattle, Llangollen International Music Eisteddfod

Red squirrels are only found in isolated parts of Wales and Scotland

Yes we have all four seasons but the weather is unpredictable

message 16: by Jane (new)

Jane (shoxford) | 34 comments What country do you live in?
England, UK

At the moment it's cold so I wear black trousers, black flat shoes, a jumper/smart work top of some description, a scarf, and a black jacket

Typically I don't eat breakfast...but a traditional English breakfast involves eggs, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, toast, hash browns...I only have this type of proper breakfast at my parents house

Lunch, I usually have some soup. Sandwiches are pretty normal...I suppose traditional things are Cornish Pasties (meat filled pastries) or Sausage Rolls (Sausages in pastry) but I don't really eat these things

Dinner, I have pasta or risotto type stuff, I eat a lot of Italian food just because I like the tastes and flavours of it. A traditional English meal would be fish and chips or roast dinner (meat, potatoes, gravy, vegetables etc)

Pretty much the same as Carol's answer above. We have state schools run by the government which are free to attend and private schools where parents must pay fees for the child's attendance as well though. This is the case in Wales/Scotland too.

1) London-our capital city is amazing, check out the shops on Oxford Street, the Natural History Museum, the V&A, the bars in Soho...I love London!

2) Oxford-well I live here so I'm biased but it's a beautiful city with the old colleges and chapels so I think worth a visit

3) Cornwall/Devon-there's some lovely towns by the seaside to visit (especially Looe) and it's gorgeous in the summer

4) Have fish and chips somewhere and a traditional cream tea in Cornwall

5) Navigate the London tube and find your way to your destination

6) Visit Stratford upon Avon and see a play in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre

7) Visit Northumberland and see all the old ruined castles along the coast, it's a lovely part of England

8) Have a traditional roast lunch

9) Visit the cotswolds, a pretty area of the countryside with lots of old towns and villages

10) Go to the seaside in Winter and watch the waves crash into the pier

There's not really any unique music but we seem to produce a lot of indie rock bands

Shakespeare

I don't know really-Shakespeare,The Tower of London, the Queen, the bad weather, London generally.

Not sure, don't think so

We have 4 seasons-cold, rainy and colder!

message 17: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Jane wrote: "What country do you live in?
England, UK

At the moment it's cold so I wear black trousers, black flat shoes, a jumper/smart work top of some description, a..."

Jane, the food in Englad sounds delish!

message 18: by Jane (new)

Jane (shoxford) | 34 comments Yeah it's pretty good although not so good when you're always on a diet like me

message 19: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I don’t think I’d be able to resist :)

message 20: by Jane (new)

Jane (shoxford) | 34 comments I find it pretty difficult too :)

message 21: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Jane wrote: "I find it pretty difficult too :)"

Do you plan on going to the summer Olympics in London? I really really want to go.

message 22: by Jane (new)

Jane (shoxford) | 34 comments Yes definitely. I'm on their mailing list so they let me know when tickets are released.

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/?ca...

I'd recommend registering as I think the tickets are on sale next year

message 23: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Jane wrote: "Yes definitely. I'm on their mailing list so they let me know when tickets are released.

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/?ca...

I'd recommend regist..."

Thanks, Jane. I just registered. I can only imagine how much they will cost -_-

message 24: by Jane (new)

Jane (shoxford) | 34 comments Apparently they're all between £20.12 and £2012 (see what they did there?!) so it shouldn't be too bad if you book them as soon as they're available

Have you been to the uk before?

message 25: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Nope! But my cousins from London have visited me a few times and I think 2012 would be the perfect time for them to return the favor to me. I’ve never been anywhere outside North America so the thought is very exciting.

Lol, that's some pretty creative pricing. I would pay $2012 for a ticket though (more for me with the echange rate too).

message 26: by Jane (new)

Jane (shoxford) | 34 comments Ah that's cool. It might be an idea to get your cousins to register as I think that a large proportion of the Olympics tickets are for UK residents only. Hope you like it over here!

message 27: by Alicia (last edited Nov 11, 2010 12:38PM) (new)

Alicia I see that no one has done Canada yet, so I'll give it a go. Although we're not technically international, we are distinct from the US in many ways. Many Canadians strongly dislike being mistaken for Americans when they are travelling in other countries, so if you hear someone who has a North-American sounding accent it's good etiquette to not always automatically assume that they are American!

Canada!

Winters are long and very cold in most parts of the country. If can often snow as early as October, and then the snow won't melt until March or even April. During the winter, you have to bundle up in sweaters, a good coat, scarf, mittens or gloves, good boots, a tuque (canadian wool hat), or if you want to attempt to still look fashionable while bundled up to the nines, maybe some cute ear muffs. Young children are often forced by their parents to wear long underwear/thermal underwear (wool or cotton leggings that go under clothes) and snowpants (puffy, waterproof pants). In more northern areas, people still sometimes use traditional snowshoes to make it easier to get around when there is a lot of snow. As a canadian, I joke that I've never really gotten the whole "women are obsessed with cute shows" trope, because here I'm stuck in waterproof boots seven months of the year.

Summers vary depending on where you live - in more northern parts of the country, they are warm and temperate, in southern ontario and the prairies, summer can be very hot and humid so shorts, sandals and tshirts are typical. In British Columbia (ie west coast), it rains a lot, so wellingtons, an umbrella and a raincoat are usually owned.

Breakfast: Oatmeal or other grains like quinoa, cream of wheat, toast, yoghurt, fruit, eggs in many styles - scrambled, omlettes, hard-boiled, etc. Quiche is popular, especially in french-speaking regions. Montreal is known for its unique style of bagels. I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat meat, but bacon, sausages or ham are typical breakfast meats. What americans refer to as "canadian bacon" is obviously not called "canadian bacon" here in canada - it's known as back bacon or just ham, but it's not really that common, so I'm not sure how it ever came to be called "canadian bacon".

Lunch Soups, salads or sandwiches are typical here too. In larger cities like Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc, international food is very popular and prominent. There are endless options of food from all around the world, and in these cities you're probably just as likely to see someone eating sushi, dim sum, falafel, roti, etc for lunch as you are to see them eating a sandwich.

Dinner International food is very popular for dinner too, as well as typical western foods like pastas, chicken and beef dishes, fish, potatoes, burgers, pizza, beans, etc. What Americans call soda, we call pop. There are many traditional Quebeocis foods like pea soup, tourtiere (meat pie) and tarte au sucre brun (brown sugar pie). Canada is of course known for beer and whiskeys - if you want to try something a little different than the standard Molson, there is a delicious Quebecois beer called La Fin du Monde. A popular all-canadian dessert is the "beaver-tail", which is kind of like bannock - traditionally would have been cooked over a fire, but now cooked in ovens. It's a fried dough in the shape of a beaaver's tail that is then covered with butter, cinnamon and sugar - now there are also all sorts of fancy versions like peanut butter cup, brownie, etc.

Primary school - kids start at age 5 or 6 with pre-kindergarten or kindergarten and usually stay at the same school until grade 5 or 6.

Middle School - Grades 6-8, or at some schools just 7-8.

High school - Grades 9-12. After reaching the age of 16, students are legally allowed to drop out of high school if they go into the workforce, but most continue until graduation of grade 12.

College - what we call college is what americans usually call "trade school" or "community college" - ie. somewhere that you go to learn a skill like child-care, hairdressing, how to be a mechanic or an electrician, etc. In canada, the different between a college and a university is that colleges can only grant diplomas, while universities grant degrees.

University - any school where you can get a 4 year bachelor's degree. Masters programs are 1-2 years and PhDs are typically 6 years.

1. Go to a hockey game and see the most intense hockey fans of anywhere in the world!

2. Eat poutine in Montreal - kind of like our national food, it's thick cut fries, covered with squeaky, fresh cheese curds, and then covered with gravy.

3. Go to chinatown in toronto - soooo much amazing food!

4. The Calgary stampede in Alberta

5. Visit the West Edmonton Mall - the largest shopping mall in North America - has an entire roller coaster inside it.

6. Go to a maple-syrup farm or a sugar-shack and collect your own maple syrup, make maple candy or fudge, etc. Mostly in Quebec.

7. Go on a cheese tour! Canada is well known for our delicious cheddar and many other artisinal cheeses.. you can go on tours that will drive you around to different dairies and farms, learn about and sample different types of cheese, and of course, buy lots to take home. Way better than a wine tour!

8. Visit Niagara Falls. The actual city of NF is kind of trashy, glitzy and toursity - it looks a bit like a mini Las Vegas with lots of casinos and wedding chapels. The falls themselves are beautiful though.

9. Go to the winter carnival in Quebec City. Meet bonhomme, the giant snowman, go tubing or tobboganing down a steep hill, see ice sculptures, etc. Also make sure you try out some winter sports like skating, curling, skiing, snowboarding.

10. Go to Oktoberfest in Kitchener-Waterloo. The area has a lot of people of Austrian/German heritage, and the Okotberfest there is one of the largest outside of Germany. Don't miss the pancake breakfast, you can also rent or buy lederhosen/dirndls so that you blend in!

Same music as the US mostly. In the maritime provinces, there is a tradition of a kind of folk music that is based upon celtic/scottish/acadian influences.

Margaret Atwood

Cheddar, multiculturalism, Degrassi, Russel Peters, Romeo Dallaire, Lester B. Pearson, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, South Park, health care, hockey, maple leaves and maple syrup.

Are there any animals that are unique to your country? Beavers and moose are both considered sort-of national animals, although they can be found in the US as well. Most animals in canada are also found in the northern USA, since we share a continent. In the far north, there are polar bears, seals, artic foxes, etc.

Four distinct seasons, with winter being the longest, although canada is a large country so there is some variation in climate and weather depending what part of the country you live. Winters are freezing and snowy, spring is usually rainy, summer is hot, and the leaves change in fall.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) Carol - I was born and raised in the states, but my family is from Caernarfon. I absolutely loved when we use to visit. Too bad no one offers to pay for me to go anymore now that I'm an adult.
When I was little I'd tell people my family was from Wales and the kids got very confused as to how we could have come from a whale. Some kids aren't so bright... Although, a lot of adults don't know that Wales exists either. They think because I'm a red-head I must be Irish.

message 29: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Was curious if anyone had snapped any pictures how they decorated for the holiday season?

message 30: by An (new)

An What country do you live in?
Australia

Winterish: trackies, hoodie, ugg boots or thongs
Summer: singlet, shorts, thongs

Breakfast: Weetbix and milk
LuncH: Sandwich
Dinner: Some meat, roast/mashed potatoes, a salad...

12 years
Primary school is prep to grade 6
High school is year 7 to year 12
Then off to work or TAFE or uni

Melbourne Zoo, Uluru, A thousand steps, Melbourne City, syndey Opera House, Theme parks in Qld, sydney harbour bridge...

Uh...

Uh...

Uh...

Koalas, Platypus, Kangaroos..

Fours seaons yes... but Melbourne weather is crazy as anything. One day it's 40 degrees Celcius and the next it's storming.