Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Wyoming Lawman Giveaway!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments I just listed Wyoming Lawman as a Goodreads Giveaway. The book comes out in October, so this is a chance to get an advance copy. In early September I'm planning a special LIH event with more giveaways.

For those of you who've read The Maverick Preacher, this is Pearl's story. I sent her to Cheyenne where she meets Deputy Matt Wiley, a man with a secret and a little girl who needs a mother. Here's a link: Wyoming Lawman

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks. I just entered. I forget about the giveaways.

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments I didn't even know about them until Janet Tronstad pointed me in the right direction. What a great idea! And it's so easy!

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy I have won twice. One was Diann Mills and her book about the border in Texas helped me understand alot about ours here in Arizona. The 2nd was not quite what I thought but I read and reviewed it as promised and I know read a little closer what the book is about before entering. Not yours though, Victoria. Since I just read Maverick Preacher, I know what to expect :-)

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments Oh what a lovely cover. I cant enter being an aussie but will look out for it when is it out?

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments oh yea! I always hoped you would do her story!!! :D

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi AusJenny, I'll be doing a drawing at Petticoats & Pistols sometime in September, and I don't mind mailing overseas. I have a son who's 8,000 miles from home right now, so I'm used to customs forms, etc. I blog on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays, which would be Sept. 9th and Sept. 23rd.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi Jennifer! Pearl had such a hard time in "Maverick Preacher" that I couldn't stand making her wait for her HEA. After her story, it's Mary's turn. Her book is called "The Outlaw's Return" and it comes out in February 2011. Caroline is last. I'm working on her book now and giving her sister, Bessie a secondary story line. I'll miss these ladies when I'm finished!

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 24, 2010 09:15PM) (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments YEA! LOL I was hoping you would do more with these characters we met!

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Oh, Vicki, this all sounds so good! Glad you're doing the giveaway, too. And they are so easy -- spread the word. I think every author should do one if he/she can.

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments Thanks Vicki will have to remember to go to P&P I have entered there many times but never won but its been a while.

message 12: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments Oh yes, I entered too!

message 13: by Heidi (last edited Aug 29, 2010 11:09AM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Victoria wrote: "Hi Jennifer! Pearl had such a hard time in "Maverick Preacher" that I couldn't stand making her wait for her HEA. After her story, it's Mary's turn. Her book is called "The Outlaw's Return" and it..."

Ooooh! I loved Maverick Preacher! This makes me even more excited about entering the contest! Win or not I will have to have this book knowing it's about Pearl! I can't wait for the other books about characters from the Maverick Preacher too! I wondered what happened to so many of the women. All of the characters that were so engaging!

message 14: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hello Heidi! The "Women of Swan's Nest" series got interrupted by "Kansas Courtship" for "After the Storm." I was about 2/3 done with Pearl's book, when LIH asked me to shift gears for a bit. Hopefully Caroline's story (the last) won't be too far behind Mary's book.

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (dancealertaolcom) | 2 comments I would love to win the book. I'm entered on Good Reads! The book looks great!!

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hello ladies!
Today (Thursday) I'm giving away three copies of Wyoming Lawman over at Petticoats and Pistols. You can read an excerpt and the back cover copy :)

message 17: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments Thanks for the heads up, Victoria!

message 18: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments done comment on it. I love that book cover.

message 19: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments I won on Goodreads! It looks so good Victoria, I read The Maverick Preacher and enjoyed it so I'll like this "sequel" I'm sure!

message 20: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi Renee! I just printed out the labels for the books going to the three winners. You'll get it in the next day or two. After all the heartache in "Maverick Preacher," Pearl really needed the next happy ending :)

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Love those happy endings :)

message 22: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments I won too! I'm so excited. Thanks, Victoria.:)

message 23: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Congratulations to the winners of the Goodreads giveaway . . . waving at Barbara and Renee! I just got back from mailing your books. The Post Office lady said you'd get them Saturday or Monday.

message 24: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Yeah first class mail is pretty fast, I've received books sent from CA in 2 or 3 days and I live in PA! Lately they've been slow but hopefully we get them soon!

message 25: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Renee wrote: "Yeah first class mail is pretty fast, I've received books sent from CA in 2 or 3 days and I live in PA! Lately they've been slow but hopefully we get them soon!"

Agreed. That what I do. it cheaper as I expected it.

message 26: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi Renee, We're practically neighbors. The book is coming from Lexington, KY. It's a HUGE post office, one of the main facilities, I think.

message 27: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Haha yep we're practically neighbors! My post office is teeny tiny...they know me so well they don't even have to ask my box number when I pick up packages.

message 28: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4947 comments congrats all winners

message 29: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments thnx Jenny!

message 30: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I thought for a moment you were giving away a real Wyoming Lawman! Now that would be an interesting premise for a story. Any ideas about how that would go?

message 31: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Hahaha Lyn I would enter for one of those :-P

message 32: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments LOL, Lyn! Maybe we could give away a Colorado Cowboy and a Texas Ranger for a trilogoy :)

message 33: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments Sound good to me!:)

message 34: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments yikes, typo! Make that "trilogy."

message 35: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments I got mine in the mail today. I can't wait to read it! Thank you so much!

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Renee wrote: "Hahaha Lyn I would enter for one of those :-P"

me too! lol

message 37: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Sign me up for that contest, woo! ;)

message 38: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I just love when an author makes a story go on and on and on with the different characters in a book, can't wait to read your Maverick preacher and the Wyoming lawman books Victoria. There are so many good authors that I have a problem picking my next book to read, thanks everyone.

message 39: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments I got my copy today Victoria, thank you so much!

message 40: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments I'm the glad the books have all arrived . . . Hope you enjoy it!

message 41: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments What giveaways!?

I'm new to Goodreads and don't have a clue what's going on...lol! BUT I did just find this group and join because it seems really cool : )

message 42: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments Hey Hannah! At the top go to find books, then click on the giveaways tab and there you go! I've won a lot of books and hope you do too! :-)

XOXO~ Renee

message 43: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Ohhhhhhhhhh....will have to try this!! THANKS Renee!! Lol...
Hannah

message 44: by JanetTronstad (new)

Hannah -- are you the woman who sometimes posts on the Love Inspired Authors website?

Welcome here whether that's you or not, I'm just curious.

message 45: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 211 comments you're welcome Hannah! :-)

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Lol! Janet, you're very observant...yes I am Hannah aka Project Journal from all the blogs, lol! I hope that's a good thing?

message 47: by JanetTronstad (new)

Hannah -- that's a very good thing. I feel like I already know you. Double welcome.

message 48: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Aw, thanks Janet! So far I'm really, really liking Goodreads AND I just found out that I won a book! Who knew it would be that easy?!

: )

message 49: by JanetTronstad (new)

Congtatulations, Hannah! What book did you win? I won a giveaways book, too, and it's a cool feeling to win -- the book I won was The Shunning by Beverly Lewis (I think that's the right author, I better go check).

message 50: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments I think that is the right author, Janet. I haven't read anything by Beverly, but they do look good! Maybe you could give me some advice on where to start? Like where's the beginning of the (well there's more than one as I understand it...) series? I don't know...there's SO many that I get confused!! Lol!

I won Girl, Stolen. I didn't expect to win at all! Lol...I entered yesterday afternoon and had an email waiting in my inbox this morning *grin* VERY cool! And they're ARC as I understand it too, which makes it even cooler!!

« previous 1