Book Club discussion

Novels

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:43PM) (new)

John Cicero | 71 comments Mod
Here's your opportunity to promote your stuff. Give us your 15 second elevator pitch on your books...

Here's mine...

I have two books published in my Rainbow's Shadow Trilogy. The third is in development.

Rainbow's Shadow and the tablets of fate (Book 1 of 3)

This is a story about two novels, one good one evil, which have been mysteriously melded together creating an alternative dimension that has begun to write itself.

Two young teenagers, Will Collins and his best friend Jimmy Foster, find themselves on an adventure-filled journey as they are sucked into this newly created story. What they encounter is incomprehensible as they experience a blend of paradise infiltrated by evil and mayhem first hand.

Rainbow's Shadow And The Covenant Of Wisdom (Book 2 of 3)

It was temptation which lured Bryan Collins, Will's adventuresome older brother, to take the shiny black stone as a souvenir from Rainbow Alley. Little did he know he had provided a way for evil to rejuvenate and re-open the portal.

Will Collins and Jimmy Foster find themselves on a new journey into a surreal world as they find access into the book portal and a new adventure.

Their mission at first is to return the stone and save Bryan from the evil which has tempted him, but quickly transforms into a quest to re-open the path for all mankind.

You can find more information on my website at http://www.RainbowsShadow.com

Thanks for taking the time to read and enjoy your journey!

john

John Cicero

message 2: by Nicholas (last edited Sep 07, 2010 12:08PM) (new)

Nicholas Beck | 1 comments This is my first novel called The Animal

An incredible story that has everything from raw action, science fiction twists, romance elements, and reads with the drip of psychological suspense.

Terry Jones was living what seemed to be a normal life. With a steady job at a oil company that promised huge career advancemnets. Everything changes for him in an instant when he starts having regular periods of blackness. Time that is being lost and he starts wondering if this could mean a split personality disorder. Terry begins to remember past experiences which before had been erased from his mind. Those memories suggested he was experimented on as a kid in the days following his father's murder.

At the same time Detective Dennis Smith follows a murderer's path through New York City. This is one of the most difficult cases of his career yet. While trying to find the killer responsible for a gruesome murder, he keeps having disturbing memories about his shadowed past. The path he follows leads him to places he never knew existed, and a discovery of incredible magnitude.

Terry and Dennis are sent on an amazing journey through terror, danger, and eventually love to discover the truth. Not only about their pasts, but also discovering who they really are as people.

The Animal by Nicholas Beck
The Animal

message 3: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 14 comments I have three.

Out of Time the e-book version is about a scientist who discovers that time is fluid, and is told by the government that he needs to fix some things in the 20th century. He and his group do so, but when they come back, they find something has changed.

Don't Mess With Earth is about two groups of aliens who fight over Earth. One interferes in human history by being some of our historical figures. The other group abducts and experiments on all species. They happen across Earth, and are responsible for Salem and the disappearance of Roanoke's colonists. In 1947, the humans are advanced enough to shoot down one of the ships and this propels the humans of Earth on a path towards total destruction of one of these three groups.

The Usurper is about what-if the KGB/Soviet Union decides to take down the US from within no matter what it takes. They corrupt our politicians, ruin our education, conduct terrorism, and use environmental disasters to accomplish these goals. The man they put in place ends up siding with the one terrorist group in the world that nobody can stop. Can anyone stop him?

message 4: by A.F. (last edited Aug 26, 2010 08:26AM) (new)

A.F. (scribe77) Here's my novella:

Chronicles of the Undead by A. F. Stewart
Chronicles of the Undead

Have a yen to read a more classic horror tale, where the vampires will kill you instead of kiss you? Then Chronicles of the Undead is the book is for you.

This diary-form novella delves into a sordid, psychological tale of the tempting and dangerous realm of the vampire. Set during the 18th and 19th century in London, England, Chronicles of the Undead tells the story of three members of the Harrington family: Samuel, his son Edmund, and Edmund’s daughter Charlotte. They are exposed to death, seduction, the nature of evil, and the vengeance it spawns as the plot unfolds into unexpected turns of fate and a private war with the world beyond human existence.

message 5: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 5 comments The Kult by Shaun Jeffrey

People are predictable. That's what makes them easy to kill.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathan_maberry) | 9 comments My first YA novel just hit the bookstores: ROT & RUIN (Simon & Schuster, hardcover). I’m a NY Times bestselling author and Marvel Comics writer.

ABOUT THE BOOKS: In the zombie-infested world Benny has grown up in, every teenager must work once they turn fifteen—or they'll lose their food rations. Benny isn't interested in taking on the family business, but he reluctantly agrees to train as a zombie killer with his boring big brother, Tom. He expects a dull job, whacking zombies for cash. What he discovers is a vocation that will teach him what it really means to be human.

As Benny's worldview is challenged again and again by the lessons he learns from Tom, he is forced to confront another horrifying reality: sometimes, the most terrible monsters are the human ones.

Critically acclaimed NY Times bestselling author Jonathan Maberry crafts a terrifying future vision of the zombie apocalypse, brought to life through the rich emotional struggles of a teenager trying to find his place in a tumultuous new world.

Praise for….. RUIN & RUIN:

"…an action-packed, thought-provoking look at life—and death." --Kirkus Book Review

"A thrilling triumph, full of action, gripping conflict, soul-fullness, gore, solemnity, and hope. A coming of age piece honed in the ashes of the apocalypse." ---Fiendishgly Bookish

"Thrilling, enticing, and surprisingly touching!" --Heather Brewer -Bestselling author of the Chronicles of Vlad

"This is a romping, stomping adventure. Anyone with a pulse will enjoy this novel, and anyone with a brain will find plenty of food for thought inside!" --Michael Northrop -bestselling author of Gentlemen

"George Romero meets The Catcher in the Rye in this poignant and moving coming of age novel set during zombie times." --Nancy Holder -NY Times bestselling author of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Pretty Little Devils

"Captured my heart from the first page and refused to let go!" --Maria V. Snyder -multi award-winner and bestselling author of Poison Study

message 7: by Teric (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 12 comments The pitch for my novel, K - I - L - L FM 100:

Disc jockey Carter "The Cart-Man" Jackson has been climbing the stairway to heaven-keeping his life as simple as possible by living from one song to the next. He had the world by the tail, coming from a family of power, prestige, and politics... until he let it all go.

Killer Queen is burning up the highway to hell-terrorizing a town, in her crimson-red stilettos, by holding random men at gunpoint. She had nothing, except a dad who abused her... and now she has nothing to lose.

K-I-L-L FM 100 is the visual soundtrack of two opposing lives colliding head-on at a destined radio station. As Killer Queen puts the DJ under the gun during his night shift, she begins to question who the real hostage is, as she confronts the demons of her past. And as the DJ shines his light into her darkened world, a few shadows of his own begin to loom from his closet. When the lane narrows on this solitary stretch of highway, both captor and captive realize that something's got to give. Someone's got to go. Closing in fast on this dead-end drive, two souls discover that their lives are not so different; each has lived under a mask, and each is in dire need of genuine love.

A full-throttle storyline, injected with one of the most unique twists ever unleashed, K-I-L-L FM 100 is the thriller that reads like a soundtrack.

There's a time for everything under heaven. Killer Queen knows there's a time to kill.