Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > The Emmys are Sunday...

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments And here are the nominations, in case you've forgotten...comments?

http://www.emmys.com/nominations

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I think this will actually be a good show with Jimmy Fallen hosting. I am rooting for Joel McHale (Parks and Rec and the Soup) and anyone/anything related to Big Bang Theory.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments ms.petra wrote: "I think this will actually be a good show with Jimmy Fallen hosting. I am rooting for Joel McHale (Parks and Rec Community and the Soup) and anyone/anything related to Big Bang Theory."

Fixed it for you.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb Meh ... not so much on the award shows any more.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Nurse Jackie and US of Tara are comedies? huh. I don't watch any of the dramas that have lead actor/actress noms.

message 6: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Mad Men is gonna sweep

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I've never been a fan of awards shows. When I was a teen I watched the MTV ones, but that's been more than a few years.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24076 comments Mod
I barely watch tv anymore, so watching an awards show about tv would be less relevant to me than almost any other activity. Plus I can't watch Jimmy Fallon, ever.

message 9: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Phil wrote: "ms.petra wrote: "I think this will actually be a good show with Jimmy Fallen hosting. I am rooting for Joel McHale (Parks and Rec Community and the Soup) and anyone/anything related to Big Bang The..."
thank you! I always get those mixed up for some reason!

message 10: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I am a child of the 60's and I still love watching TV.

message 11: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) OK so am I the only dork that likes to watch the Red Carpet show and ohh and ahh over all the beautiful people and clothes?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I don't like watching the Red Carpet show, but I love watching the Fashion Police recap afterward (I think it's on E or TVguide channel or something).

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24076 comments Mod
I like seeing Red Carpet dresses, but I don't have the patience to watch them on TV. I'll look at them online after the Oscars, generally. I was flipping through the channels tonight and the best looking people I saw at the Emmys (all 3 minutes I caught) were Temple Grandin and Jack Kevorkian.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

ms.petra wrote: "OK so am I the only dork that likes to watch the Red Carpet show and ohh and ahh over all the beautiful people and clothes?"

I'm not big on it, but they wouldn't show it if people didn't watch.

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) People watch Jerry Springer, too. And Maury Povich. No accounting for taste.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

They are still on TV, go figure.

message 17: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) well I loved the opening with Jimmy Fallon and Kim Kardashian looked like a greek goddess. Jane Lynch and Jim Parsons both won in their categories so it was a good night. I also placed the movie Temple Grandin on hold at the library after watching it win numerous awards. My daughter watched with some girls from her dorm, so we texted our reviews/comments back and and forth during the show. It may not be cerebral, but it is some cheesy fun.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I saw the Temple Grandin movie, and it was cool. Danes did a GREAT job of recreating Grandin's mannerisms. I've seen Grandin speak a couple of times. I didn't get to see the Emmys, but I hear that she was very excited and the camera loved her.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.