Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die discussion

Jack London
This topic is about Jack London
Specific List Authors > Jack London

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky (munchkinland_farm) | 233 comments "On Point" a public radio show produced by WBEZ in Boston featured James Haley who recently wrote "Wolf" a biography of Jack London on Monday, Aug. 23, 2010. The conversation really piqued my interest in reading some of London's lesser known works - Before Adam, People of the Abyss, Revolution, and Star ____(?) about astral projection (WTF?!?!)

message 2: by El (new)

El Becky, I haven't read a whole lot of London (aside from the stories required in school), though a few years ago I stumbled across John Barleycorn: Alcoholic Memoirs, an autobiographical novel by him. It was pretty good, and not at all what I had been expecting from him. I heard about that new biography - thought it sounded promising.

message 3: by Will (new)

Will Todd I've read both "WHITE FANG" and "CALL OF THE WILD", but oddly enough, it's the first short story I ever read by Jack London - way back in high school - that stays with me to this day:

"To Build A Fire"

I can still feel the cold...

Will Todd

message 4: by Chel (new)

Chel | 376 comments I liked that short story alot too and have read the others but may need to reread White Fang because that was a long time ago and I have forgotten alot of it.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Neftzger (neftzger) | 28 comments I read a lot of Jack London years ago and really enjoyed it. The Call of the Wild was probably my favorite.

Boxall's 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

John Barleycorn: Alcoholic Memoirs (other topics)