Sacramento Book Review discussion

General > New Members

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ross (new)

Ross Allen (sacramento_book_review) | 1 comments Mod
Hello and welcome!

This is a great time to introduce yourself and tell us what you like to read.

I will go first, my name is Gwen and I read just about anything I can get my hands on. I am also the social media lackey for the Sacramento Book review. Don't let the lackey part fool you, it means that I get to learn about books early!

message 2: by Ross (new)

Ross Rojek | 2 comments Hi Gwen, Finally got around to setting up the personal account for goodreads and can now join into the fun and games.

(There are fun and games here right?)

message 3: by Julie (last edited Oct 22, 2010 05:43PM) (new)

Julie | 3 comments Social media lackey...does that mean I might be able to ask you a question?

Do you know what bookstores in Sacramento carry indie authors? I know that Beers used to; do they still?

I have two of them, a little philosophical booklet and a romantic suspense novel (that's a little bit Pagan), and it looks like the bookstore selection is much sparser than I remember from the days when I could afford to buy new books.

Gwen - Chew & Digest Books - (cybergwen) Beers Books is 90% used/trade anymore, but you can contact them and ask at 916-442-9475.

You might try Underground Books at 2814 35th Street
Sacramento, California 95817, Phone: 916-737-3333

or The Avid Reader, 617 Second Street, Davis, CA 95616
Tel: (530)758-4040

Both love to promote local authors and work with Indies.

Gwen - Chew & Digest Books - (cybergwen) Ross wrote: "Hi Gwen, Finally got around to setting up the personal account for goodreads and can now join into the fun and games.

(There are fun and games here right?)"

How did I miss this? Fun is included when we get more players!

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 3 comments Thanks!

Gwen - Chew & Digest Books - (cybergwen) My pleasure. If you remember, let me know what you find out!

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 3 comments Okay! I'll have to get out there and see what I can find.