Stephen R. Lawhead discussion

Currently reading anything by Lawhead?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Werner (new)

Werner One of my Goodreads friends and I just started doing a buddy read of Hood, the first volume in Lawhead's King Raven trilogy. I haven't read anything by Lawhead in awhile, so I'm anticipating a pleasurable experience!

message 2: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisebeth) I have almost finished reading Arthur and I love it!
SRL is becoming one of my favourite authors!

message 3: by Werner (new)

Werner Continuing my buddy read of the King Raven trilogy with a friend, it's on to the second volume, Scarlet! I started it over the weekend, and so far am enjoying it as much as the first book.

message 4: by Werner (new)

Werner This morning, I started the third King Raven volume, Tuck. If it builds on the promise of the first two books (and I'm sure it will!), it'll be a great read.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (marcher08) I just started Scarlet the second in the King Raven Series. I am really enjoying the POV in this book. The voice of Will Scarlet adds a lighthertedness to the book. I have been reading this trilogy with my son. He is now on the third book, Tuck. He says this was his favorite of the three.

message 6: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 62 comments Mod
I recently downloaded the Dragon King trilogy on my Kindle (3 books for $9.99 whatta bargain ;-). I finished up the first one, but will wait for the second until the new year due to some other reading challenges that I'm trying to finish for 2010.

I have also downloaded Skin Map but haven't started it yet. I was really excited for it to arrive but then I thought that I don't like waiting one year for the continuation of the story. I'm sure that I will break-down and read it but so far I have resisted :-D

message 7: by Werner (new)

Werner I've started Taliesin, which some of us in the group are doing as a common read for February.

message 8: by Jadi Cedonia (new)

Jadi Cedonia (jcverdin) I wish I was reading something by him! I've read all my books by him, and I have a huge stack of other books I need to read, so it's not the time to be re-reading...

message 9: by Nüll (new)

Nüll (westmoure) | 6 comments I am planning on getting "The Bone House" soon if that counts

message 10: by Adam (new)

Adam Collings (adamcollings) | 18 comments I just finished reading 'The Skin Map', so not reading any Lawhead right now. I will also be wanting to the The Bone House soon.

message 11: by Werner (new)

Werner The same friend that I read the King Raven trilogy with are starting a buddy read of The Skin Map. I've been looking forward to this quite a bit!

message 12: by Werner (new)

Werner After finishing The Skin Map, my friend Jackie and I decided to continue our buddy read to include the whole Bright Empires trilogy. So I've now started on the second volume, The Bone House.

message 13: by Werner (new)

Werner Since my last post, I've discovered that the Bright Empires series is NOT a trilogy! There are only three books written so far, but it's intended to be a five-book series, with the fourth one scheduled for publication next year. (Laura-Lee shared that information some time ago, in a post on a different one of our discussion threads, but I'd completely forgotten it.) Anyway, Jackie and I are now solidly started on the third book, The Spirit Well.

message 14: by JoLene (new)

I also promptly went and got The Bone House from the library after I finished the Skin Map!

message 15: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 11 comments I'm reading the Song of Albion for the first time. I love the story so far and the characters. Where I'm at poor Lewis just got sent off for warrior training. Excited to see here this book goes!

message 16: by Werner (new)

Werner Continuing our plan of buddy-reading the entire Bright Empires series, my friend Jackie and I have just started on "Quest the Fourth," The Shadow Lamp.

message 17: by JoLene (new)

I think I'm going to go back and re-read the first one soon......so I can work my way though the series this year. I recall the first one was a pretty quick read.

message 18: by Werner (new)

Werner Yes, JoLene, all the books in that series are quick reads!

message 19: by Werner (new)

Werner My friend Jackie and I recently started a buddy read of the final volume in the Bright Empires series, The Fatal Tree.

message 20: by Tim (new)

Tim | 10 comments I started reading The Bone House a few weeks ago. I read the first 6 chapters in the initial sitting and haven't picked it up since. Haha Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would like to read anymore.

message 21: by Adam (new)

Adam Collings (adamcollings) | 18 comments I think I will want to go back and re-read the first two Bright Empires books, and then just marathon the entire series. There is so much going on that you just can't remember it all between books.

message 22: by Werner (new)

Werner Adam wrote: "I think I will want to go back and re-read the first two Bright Empires books, and then just marathon the entire series. There is so much going on that you just can't remember it all between books."

I'm having a similar problem, especially since it's been awhile since I read The Shadow Lamp. I'm thinking I may need to at least go back and refer to that one.

message 23: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 11 comments I recently finished Byzantium for the first time. It may be up there with my favorites of his.

message 24: by Werner (new)

Werner I've heard nothing but good things about Byzantium! It's on my to-read shelf (along with over 390 other books --I've got to reduce that list down to saner proportions one of these days!), but it's anybody's guess when I might actually get around to reading it.

message 25: by Tim (new)

Tim | 10 comments Byzantium is also one of my favorite books by Lawhead. Some day I want to go back and read it again, but I have a ton of stuff on my to-read shelf as well.

message 26: by JoLene (new)

I really loved Byzantium as well --- it is similar to the Iron Crusades series which I also liked. It is more historical fiction than fantasy.

message 27: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 11 comments The depth of the characters seemed greater in Byzantium as well.