Dancers for Life! discussion

basic topics > competitions

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments for those of you that have and/or currently do compete for dance, what are your favorite competitions?

for me, i like Metro Talent and showstopper =]

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I havent done any yet but my dance teacher wants to start this year (we are a small studio and just got started about 2 and a half years ago) i am really excited to start competing this yr though :)

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments ohh its a lot of fun!! you'll have a blast =D just don't let it go to your head. I recently transferd studios because my last one was full off idiots who only danced to compete, not because they liked to dance.. *rolls eyes*

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

oh ew...well its gonna be me and my bff competing mostly so it will be a lot of fun :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

and my dance teacher really fun and cool...i <3 her!

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments ohh tht sounds soo much fun!! good luck =D

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments oh you clog!??? is that, like, the funnest dance ever?? i always wanted to try tht, but i never had the time =D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I am going to Showstopper sometime this dance season!!! I am WAYSUPEREXCITED!!

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments yayy!! u should bee!! are u going to post ur dances on youtube or something?? cuz i'd loveee too see tht!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont know yet..maybe ill look into it but we havent done any competing yet

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments thats still cool =] if u post them tho, u should let me knoww XD i love dance videos =]

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ok i will :)

message 14: by Annie (new)

Annie (lovetodance) | 28 comments I've never done competitions. Can I do ballet or lyrical ballet at those competitions? What about solo, without a studio (I mean, I dance at a studio, but does my studio have to register or can I sign up individually?)

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments annie: uhm i'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure u can sign up for yourself. you have to pay for it tho but i'm pretty sure u don't need a studio to register.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

i bet if you go to their websites they will have all that kind of info

message 17: by Annie (new)

Annie (lovetodance) | 28 comments Oh cool thanks! I might do a competition this year!

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments that sounds great =] u should deffinitly post them on the internet too =] ecpecally lyrical, i lovee lyrical. but i love ballet too =]

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

meee tooo ballet is the bomb (as my cousin and i like to say :))

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments hahaa =] as i have mentioned before in this group, i amm soo excited to start point!!!! (but i won't be for a year or two =[)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

i am starting in about a month....i am so excited i can hardly stand it!! LOL i thik everyone is getting tired of me telling them how excited i am :)

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments omgg tell me about it!! everyonee gets tired of mee for talking about dance all the timee.. i tell them to suck it up and pretend to listen =D hahaa. u should be excited =D did u get ur point shoes yet?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

i havent gotten them yet..my mom still has to call the dance store to schedule a fitting :) but we are gonna have 2 teachers i think and there are only 3 of us so we can work on stuff that is a lot more advanced than other ppl our age would be able to just because of the one on one teaching style. We were all really excited when our teacher said she thought we were ready just because we have only been in Ballet since October and before that we were in a ballet class for only 4 mo.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

and when they tell me to stop talking about ballet i start talking about hip hop LOL...they just dont get it they arent dancers, I cant stop talking about dance !

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments woww you must be fantastic than =] i'm soo excited for u!!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

haha or i have a REALLY great teacher :D

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

how many years have u done ballet?

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments uhm well when i first started dancing when i was 3, i did ballet for 4 years straight, and then after that i did 2 more years (but i didn't do them straight in a row, i took a couple years break in between) and then i am taking ballet again this year for the first time in like 3 years.

so basically 7 years but they weren't consecutive.. if tht makes sense... haha =]

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

o wow thats a lot :) i wish i could have done ballet for 7 yrs youre so lucky!

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments you can get there too =] and yaa it was fun those years =D it really helped on my other types of dance too =]

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah since we are so small we only have hip hop/jazz and ballet for our age group but there are only 5 of us haha

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

what other kinds of dance do you do?

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments =D

well i am going to do ballet/jazz class, a ballet tequnique class, lyrical, and, my absolute fav, Tap. =]

i really wanted to try musical theater tho but my studio doesn't offer that =[

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments do you do that hip hop and jazz too?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

wow :) yeah i do hip hop/jazz (its mainly hip hop though) and ballet and now a pointe class pretty soon

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments hahaa yess how could i forget =D do you guys have really nice costumes?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah we usually do nice ones and our teacher lets us have a big say in them which is really awesome :) this year for hip hop we did sort of spandex tops that were neon and there were ribbons that wrapped down 1 of your arms and shiny silver leggings. adn 4 ballet we did really pretty dresses that were a brownish cinnamon color with flowers. the dresses were all poofy and really fun to wear :D

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments ohh they sounds soo cutee =D

message 39: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 178 comments i LOVE competitions. we did starbound for a year, then we did ADA, then we ended up with IDC, but now we're gonna switch to another because we dont like IDC any more.......

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments i've never been to any of those comps. whats bad about idc? (i don't think it comes to a place thats close to me.)

message 41: by Katie (new)

Katie I've never been in a competition, but my dance teacher has been talking about it. I prob will do competitions in high school.

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments ohh fuun!! XD

message 43: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 178 comments ஜ♥-®achel -♥ஜ (A Crazy 5) wrote: "i've never been to any of those comps. whats bad about idc? (i don't think it comes to a place thats close to me.)"

i dont even know. my dance teacher decided it wasnt good, so we're not going back there. IDC is international dance competition. it comes to the palace theater in waterbury by me.

message 44: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 178 comments iluvcatz (Katie) wrote: "I've never been in a competition, but my dance teacher has been talking about it. I prob will do competitions in high school."

they are SO much fun!!!!

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 107 comments =]

message 46: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 178 comments love competitions!!! love love love!