Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Book Lists by Author > Barbara Cameron

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Oct 23, 2010 07:05AM) (new)

Rachel Brand Quilts of Lancaster County
1. A Time to Love (2010)
2. A Time to Heal (2011)

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I'm reading this book right now and just came across an excellent quote that I think really describes what I love about the Amish:

"What I see here, what I feel here is that people in your world believe spirituality isn't distant. It's close and real. Religion seems born in the home, stays in the home. I mean, the services are even held in the home. And there's not one person in charge, one speaker set above the others. It's farmers and carpenters, and well, just average folk speaking spontaneously about the message they find in the Bible. [...] A message from the heart to the heart."

message 3: by Diane U (last edited Sep 13, 2010 12:53PM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments A Time to Heal (Book #2) is scheduled to come out for March 2011.

I'm almost done the first one. I can't wait that long! LOL!

message 4: by Rachel (last edited Sep 13, 2010 03:04PM) (new)

Rachel Brand I just finished A Time to Love and loved it! Not sure if I preferred it to Vannetta Chapman's novel or not. I'm super tired (it's just gone 11pm over here) so I'm going to write a review in the morning.

Definitely another excellent Amish author to check out, especially if you like modern settings with crossovers to the "English" world.

Also, thanks Diane - I've updated the initial post so people know that there's another book coming soon!

message 5: by Rachel (last edited Sep 15, 2010 09:05AM) (new)

Rachel Brand Okay, I lied, I wrote the review now! http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Yay, glad you enjoyed this book too! I've yet to see a bad review of this one. Very glad that Brenda recommended this book to the group.

message 8: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I just won an autographed copy of A Time to Love from Amishhearts.com. I am putting it away for my mother for Christmas since she loves Amish fiction too! Barbara offered to make it out to her also! Very exciting!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Aww, that's lovely! I saw that someone named Diane had won the book and thought about how coincidental it would be if it was you...and it is!

message 10: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I just finished A Time To Love was a wonderful book!!!