Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Kissing scenes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 208 (208 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid ✩ | 11973 comments Mod
Smoochy-smoochy. Keep it PG. ;)

message 2: by Baxter, butts butts butts (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 2455 comments Mod
I AM A PRO AT THESE!

message 3: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Yes, I know you are Baxter.

message 4: by Jules (new)

Jules (fiddlebug13) | 77 comments Ooh I want to hear some! I need ideasssssssssssssssssss.

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Baxter wrote: "I AM A PRO AT THESE!"

Humble Baxter.

Heehee. Kidding. But you have a right to boast-you are pretty pro at these.

message 6: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Mandy wrote: "Baxter wrote: "I AM A PRO AT THESE!"

Humble Baxter.

Heehee. Kidding. But you have a right to boast-you are pretty pro at these."

Yes indeed. Baxter's kissing scenes totally blow my mind. They're the best. ;)

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Baxter wrote: "I AM A PRO AT THESE!"

Humble Baxter.

Heehee. Kidding. But you have a right to boast-you are pretty pro at these."

Yes indeed. Baxter's kissing scenes totally blow m..."

Yeah that's very true. Hey Baxter-have any talent you want to share in writing these things? Tips? Anything? I'm so very dead at this. Dead. Or Brigid too. =)

message 8: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Alrighty, here's a kissy scene. From Walking Shadow. Kind of weird out of context, but oh well ...

I can't stand the distance between us anymore, as small as it is. I lift my hands to hold her face, and somehow the gesture feels so familiar. Cassandra moves forward, until she's almost pressed against me. She puts her hands on my shoulders, and I can feel that last burst in her emotions, an explosion of a million different feelings. She closes her eyes, I lean down to her, and …

We're kissing.

I don't know how it happens, and I don't know what to think. It should feel wrong that I'm kissing some girl I barely know, shouldn't it? But it doesn't. Somehow, it feels like a part of me that was missing is complete. It feels like I've found something that was lost.

I can't think of a way to describe it. Her lips are still cold from being outside in the snow, but they're so light, gentle. She's shaking, and her emotions rage inside her mind and flood into mine. I gather her into my arms, pulling her closer, not exactly out of longing, but out of pure fascination.

It's not perfect. But there's something in its imperfections that makes it feel so right.

Her mind makes a sudden connection with mine. I see everything, again––everything she showed me before. I can see another world, see myself and her facing it and fighting through it all … together.

I'll never remember it, not the way she does. But at least I'm beginning to understand that's it's something I can never escape. Whether I try to resist it or not, her fate and mine are now intertwined.

And I have a feeling that's never going to change.

message 9: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Now I'm just ticked that I can't write like that.

.....which tells you-That. Was. Boss.

message 10: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Heh heh. Thanks.

message 11: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments My pleasure.

message 12: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I'm a fail at kissing scenes. *headdesk*

message 13: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Ok, HERE'S ANOTHER ONE. It's from Jump. There are a lot in Jump, I'm starting to realize ...

Time stumbled to a halt. I couldn't think, I couldn't feel. I was supposed to do something or say something, but a numbness had saturated my mind and my body. I remained as still as possible, knowing that the moment could have shattered like a dream––and I was still trying to decide whether I wanted it to or not.

I didn't even have a chance to think about it. Because right then, Lacey kissed me.

Her lips touched mine so softly at first that I barely felt them. It took me a second to realize what was happening, and then I didn't know how to react. I placed my hands on her shoulders, not knowing where else to put them. Her fingers trailed down the side of my face, as my fingers slid down the backs of her arms. She pulled away for a moment, gasping. Then she tilted her head and kissed me again, more fiercely this time, parting my lips with hers.

I closed my eyes and gave up on trying to think, because it was impossible. I felt Lacey's hands moving, from my face, to my shoulders, until they rested against my chest, where my heart was pounding like crazy.

Until then, I hadn't thought about how I felt about this. But why would I even have to think about how I felt? Wasn't I just supposed to know? I waited for some kind of instinct to guide me, to make me decide what to do, but nothing came to me.

Lacey's lips finally broke away from mine again.

“Lacey …” I managed to say.

“Yeah?” The word came out almost in a sigh, her breath shivering against my mouth.

“I'm sorry,” I said.

At that, she froze, sitting up straight. “What?”

I couldn't look at her, couldn't see the hurt in her eyes. My head was still spinning as I got to my feet. By the time Lacey did the same, I had already turned away from her, walking back along the length of the dock.

“Max? Max, wait …” I heard her footsteps behind me, felt her hand against my arm. I stepped away from her suddenly, as if her touch had electrocuted me.

We stood there for what felt like forever, both of us still breathing hard. I stared at Lacey, feeling the guilt starting to tear its way through my chest. Her face was flushed, her eyes shining, and now she looked so … betrayed, like I'd slapped her. Maybe I might as well have.

“What––What's wrong?” Lacey said.

I shook my head, trying to find the words to explain. All I could say was, “I … can't.”

“You can't?” she repeated. “What do you mean? You mean, you really can't? Or … you don't want to?”

“Both.” Somehow, the single word sounded too harsh, and I wished I could take it back.

I suddenly realized what I'd done––how this whole time, I hadn't tried to stop this from happening. I was still processing everything Lacey had said, about how I was the only person who made her feel like she was worth something, how she didn't want me to leave. I hadn't realized how important I'd become to her, and now it was too late. Once again, I'd gotten myself into something I couldn't escape.

“Lacey, I'm sorry,” I said. “I shouldn't even have let you …” I stopped myself. This was coming out all wrong. I felt like the world's most horrible person.

Lacey was looking down at her feet. She had her arms crossed, like she was trying to hold herself together so she wouldn't fall apart. She was silent for a few long seconds, and then she put her hands over her face. “Damn it,” she said. “I knew it.”

“What?”

“There's someone else.” She uncovered her face again, looking at me with glazed eyes. “Isn't there?”

Something invisible seemed to squeeze around my heart. I tore my gaze away from hers, looking out over the golden water. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, there's another girl. Or … I guess I'm the other girl.” She paused. “Either that, or you're gay. But I have a feeling that's not the case.”

message 14: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
A kissing scene from Tear the Sky Asunder:

Graveyards weren’t supposed to be pretty—they were supposed to be terrifying places that where filled with a lingering, never-dying, sullenness. But the Union was placed upon a particular graveyard that seemed mysterious, alluring, as if voices just below the ground called out in a mother’s singing voice, telling you it was okay to rest and sleep; drawing you closer to your deathbed with cold certainty. Kristin stared at the jagged gravestones rising from the loam of the earth, jagged stone teeth that protruded in a ghastly fashion against the swaying stocks of overgrown grass.

It was beautiful and terrifying in two different mannerisms. Beautiful because everything was so wild, so overgrown and terrifying because it was beautiful, and places of death should never be that. If she wanted she could have forgotten there were bodies beneath her feet, could have had her eyes skim over the protruding gravestones and forget they existed at all.

He was appallingly close. Not in a bad way… but she was extremely aware of his presence beside her. Kierlan stalked across the grounds like a shadow, melding in and out of the twilight lighting. It was easy for him to do in his fluid, catlike movements, and his dark colors. The only thing that kept him from completely disappearing, it seemed, was his pallor skin and his vivid eyes.

He wasn’t really looking at her or at anything. His gaze was distant, brows furrowed, lips drawn into a tight line. So often she had seen him with a look like that when he thought no one was looking, only to watch it dissolve at the first sign of being noticed. Then he would place that smug, humorless grin back on his face and fill his eyes with false emotions. She couldn’t ever tell what was real with Kierlan; everything seemed so… unfeigned, whereas in a flash it was gone and she could glimpse something else beneath.

He reminded Kristin of glass. Colored glass and he only came in shades of clear, silver, blue, gray, and black. And, just like glass, he was only a vibrant imagery of reflections. Yes, indeed, when people where around he managed to conjure up the strength to mirror, to act. To Kierlan everyone was a light in a room, and he was a pile of shattered glass. When people came in, he would shine and glitter and give you broken images of yourself, hollow and colorless in the contours of his broken self. He sparkled when people where around, became livid. But when everyone left the room and he was alone… Kristin could only imagine the light left, too, leaving him without anything to shine or reflect or change with. Leaving him in solitude and darkness—leaving him in unrelenting, stoic shades of clear, silver, blue, gray, and black. Abstract. Beautiful. But broken nonetheless.

He seemed to realize she was staring at him, and that face was back up. His lips cocked, his eyes gleamed with a wolflike intensity. As if she were a deer he was eyeing up for dinner. She shuddered inwardly, thinking about it. Thinking about Kierlan sometimes did that to her—made her wonder what or who had made him like he was. Which happened to be irreparably shattered, desolate… wrong in a way that made her heart ache. She began to speak, but he broke her off before he could with an inquiry that shocked her.

“What are you so afraid of, Kristin Skyblood?” He turned to glance at her fully, no longer filled with the coy sidelong glimpses. His hand shot out, bracing against the wall of the Union building. She had been thinking about ignoring her question before he blocked her mannerism of escape—to continue walking. Now she was forced to look at him, wavering more than she wanted to.

Her voice cracked and shook with a watery tremor to the timbre. “Lies. I’m afraid of lies.”

He seemed vaguely amused—a flickering, fleeting glimpse of ephemeral humor crossed his face. But it was sad humor, sullen, morose, melancholy, as if he was laughing at something that lost its funniness years ago. “Then why aren’t you afraid of me?”

Kristin didn’t answer; instead she hesitated in their silence. His shirt brushed across her neck where it was planted against the wall, and she was acutely aware of the contour of his strong body against the backlight of the dusk. His eyes seemed very faraway, and very sad. Older-looking than they had any right to ever be. Sometimes Kristin simply saw him as a vain, conceited, sarcastic, bitter, charming boy. Nothing more. Nothing less. But there was so much beneath all of that… so much she couldn’t reach. She wanted to touch him—wanted to reach out and gently touch his face and say it would all be okay, even though she knew not what was wrong. “What are you afraid of, Fallen Angel?”

He looked at her keenly, parted his slender lips as is to say something, but then pressed them together in a tight line. She knew he was mulling in thought, rethinking his words. His eyes still looked very distant, very lost. Like an angel, she thought wryly. An angel child wondering why he was in heaven no longer. He had something there, something just beneath the surface, which she could not discern.

Then he said, with strange surety and in a voice that was made of shattered glass—“Everything.”

Kierlan Shadowscar, who was afraid of nothing, just admitted he feared everything.

It did not seem practical, really, for Kierlan to say those words. But suddenly he was there, in her face. The world became the molten quicksilver of his eyes, the mixture of cerulean skies and moonlight rivers. She could smell him as close as he was—the sharp scent of him that was winter air. Crisp and cold and like freshly crushed pine needles—there was a hint of something else too, like the opaque odor of fireplace smoke that always drifted in the air. Something else, as well; sharper than the other scents. Like rain or metal or blood.

She hadn’t really expected him to suddenly be pressed against her. His body an outline of Kristin’s own, fitting against her form, hips pressed into hers. It was a sudden movement that made sure no light was capable of flitting betwixt their fitted forms, and she almost gasped at the warmth of him and the shocking cold of his presence. His face was very close to hers, his neck craned to adjust to the five-or-so inches that made him taller than her. She saw the stark shadows of his raven wings.

Their noses brushed, then their foreheads. Last it was the pressure of his lips pressed to Kristin’s, and this time she did manage a gasp, but it was lost against his mouth. The fierceness he kissed her with was unexpected and would have been noted as particularly strange had she been lip-locked with anyone other than Kierlan. Later, but not then, she thought it odd how he never allowed her time to react to his statement. Everything. He had said, and she wanted to question it, but then he drew her into that savage kiss.

Kristin knew this was nothing like what first kisses where supposed to be. It was all frozen fire and fierce, demanding dispassion. Kierlan’s body was still hard against her own, trapping her against the stone wall, not letting her go. Her hands knotted in his hair upon their own accord, and she found she was kissing him back. Those black locks curled around her fingers, silken and smooth. Also, as she knew that first kisses where supposed to be chase and swift… a peck on the lips, a whispered breath against a mouth.

This was anything but. Kierlan’s one arm remained braced against the wall, but his other caressed her waist, and then later, her neck and shoulders. His teeth nipped at her lower lip, drew a dot of blood on their tongues. His mouth parted her mouth. Her tongue brushed the matching snakebite studs in his lower lip. Not chaste. Not fleeting. An infinite moment in time that never seemed to end, that was drawn out over a period of eternity. Kierlan acted as if he had no time at all and all the time in the world to do this; to kiss her, to rob her virgin mouth of its formerly un-reaped innocence.

Her hands still in his hair, one slipped down, fingers tracing the line of his shoulders, collarbone, and the ridge of his spine. They brushed along the edges of his raven wings as far as she could reach… And then, they were out of breath, drowning in the kiss, suffocating briefly as they continued to stretch it out and out and out… finally pulling when neither could breathe any longer.

His eyes were like two pallid abysses—cerulean skies and moonlight rivers. She drowned in them. She ate up the sight of them. And wished she could submerge herself into them and stay there forever. Kierlan’s smile was all lupine—he smirked the way a wolf might smirk as the blood of a lamb matted the fur of his maw.

She shoved him away, disgusted that she could still taste his cool, peppermint breath in her mouth. Disgusted that she still wanted more. His eyes held that wolfish grin, and his mouth remained quirked in the same wolfish arrogance. She didn’t even take notice to the fact the feather’s of his wings where slightly bristled, just beginning to turn docile once more after having partially erected, like the fur on the hackles of a dog.

“Wasn’t that fun?” He asked cheerfully and good-naturedly, but she couldn’t help detect the sardonic nature lacing the words like venom in wine. She wanted to slap him, wanted to rip his throat out, wanted to pull him close and kiss him again… wanted, oh God, wanted so much and all of it was very conflicting. Her face turned to a grimace, and Kristin pushed her way passed him and ran.

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments I'm lost for words. It was that amazing.

message 16: by Kriss (new)

Glad you guys liked it. Was kind of rushed.

message 17: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Was kind of AWESOME!

message 18: by Kriss (new)

xDD Thanks. I adore Kierlan, even though he can be a bastard .__.

message 19: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Well said XD

message 20: by Kriss (new)

Indeed. He's mostly screwing with Kristin. And trying to avoid the questions she knows she has because he decided to go out and say something he didn't mean to Dx

message 21: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments -shakes head- Keirlan, you're lucky you happen to be charming.....>.< Darn you.

message 22: by Kriss (new)

Yes, yes he is. I think someone would've killed him a long time ago if that wasn't the case.

message 23: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments Kriss wrote: "A kissing scene from Tear the Sky Asunder:

Graveyards weren’t supposed to be pretty—they were supposed to be terrifying places that where filled with a lingering, never-dying, sullenness. But th..."

*gapes* I. WANT. MORE.

message 24: by Kriss (new)

Emmie wrote: "Kriss wrote: "A kissing scene from Tear the Sky Asunder:

Graveyards weren’t supposed to be pretty—they were supposed to be terrifying places that where filled with a lingering, never-dying, sullen..."

Yay. That's a good sign.

message 25: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?

message 26: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

Emmie. The story title is in front of your face.

I'll give you a hint. Look at the top of the scene.

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 8772 comments Mod
Hehe.

But it's listed as Of the Fallen still, I believe.

message 29: by Kriss (new)

Mandy wrote: "Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

I'll give you a hint. Look at the top of the scene."

You just made me laugh, at that.

message 30: by Kriss (new)

Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

Eh. I wouldn't advise reading what I have up. The plot changed drastically with the title, and thus, I'm going to start the story over for what I hope is the last time...

message 31: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Kriss wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

You just made me l..."

*bows*

message 32: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments Yeah, right after I posted, I was like, "Smart, Emmie."

Kriss wrote: "Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

Eh. I wouldn't advise reading what I have up. The plot changed drastically with the title, and thus, I'm going to start the story over for wh..."

Hehe. I've read part of it. It's fairly readable.

message 34: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Emmie wrote: "Yeah, right after I posted, I was like, "Smart, Emmie.""

Mmmhmm. I'm still refraining from teasing you.

message 35: by Kriss (new)

Mandy wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Mandy wrote: "Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

You ..."

:P

message 36: by Kriss (new)

Emmie wrote: "Yeah, right after I posted, I was like, "Smart, Emmie.""

Seems like something I'd do xDD

message 37: by Kriss (new)

♫Maria (aka Chile)♫ wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

Eh. I wouldn't advise reading what I have up. The plot changed drastically with the title, and thus, I'm going to start the story..."

I disagree. Very much.

Kriss wrote: "♫Maria (aka Chile)♫ wrote: "Kriss wrote: "Emmie wrote: "AHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS STORY CALLED?!?"

Eh. I wouldn't advise reading what I have up. The plot changed drastically with the title, and thus..."

I agree, you have done better, but it's still amazing.

message 39: by Kriss (new)

Well, you'll have to read it when I begin to rewrite it. It shall be much better.

message 40: by RedPath (last edited Sep 04, 2010 10:23PM) (new)

RedPath | 853 comments (Meh. This scene corresponds to the scene in the Pre-kiss Lines topic......It sucks, so bear with me)

I don’t know what I was expecting, because I had never played this scenario out in my head, or even entertained thought of Pierce kissing me. But I can tell you what our kiss wasn’t. It wasn’t chaste, nor was it exactly a round tonsil hockey. There weren’t fireworks in my head and I didn’t hear angels singing in the background. We were in Hell, after all.

But that’s what made it perfect.

I was nervous at first, part of me screaming to separate from him and the other part begging me to respond, to kiss him back.

How did this happen? Only an hour or so ago I could’ve sworn that he was going to drive me insane to the point of no return and that he was the last person in the afterlife that I’d ever want to kiss. But there I was, lip-locked with the one guy I thought couldn’t stand.

What really scared me, though, was the fact that I kind of liked it.

I threw uncertainty to the wind and pulled myself closer to him. We were so close at this point that our personal bubbles either popped or merged into one.

His lips were soft like velvet, but firm, which wasn’t very Pierce-like. Heck, this whole situation was out of character for both of us.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. Any of the hesitancy he might have had when he decided to kiss me was gone and he was more confident now. My lips were tingling and my pulse was rushing as I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to pull him in. It was like drinking hot chocolate; I couldn’t get enough.

Who knew that someone so standoffish was such a great kisser?

Eventually, though, we came up for air. Both of us were breathing heavy and I felt a little lightheaded. But otherwise, I felt strangely calm, as if I had gotten something out of my system. My heart slowed down to its normal pace. Our foreheads were touching as we caught our breath and loose strands of our hair were dancing together as a slight, rare breezed brushed past.

Neither of us budged an inch. Truthfully, I think were both too dazed to move.

My mind was so scrambled then, but one thought stood out amongst the buzz: Whoa.

message 41: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments YYYAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! *happy*

message 42: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments EEEEEEEeeeeeeee.........-falls alseep- Oops, sorry. I'm tired. And I misspelled "Tired" several times....

message 43: by Kriss (new)

That is an awesome kissing scene.

message 44: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments Thank you :)

message 45: by Tesni (last edited Sep 05, 2010 03:31AM) (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5031 comments I kissing scene from the Utopia Search, my NaNo novel from last year. It's edited slightly to make it more PG-friendly.

And, before you ask, yes, the grammar is supposed to be that bad, there are meant to be punctuation errors, and speech is all in italics. But the way the book is told is through interviews, and this is how one of the characters talks:

/////////
He looked kinda guilty, like that wasn’t it. So I put my hands on my hips & said, Au, why won’t you tell me outright what you wanna say!
He was about to open his mouth & his dad called out again. Au! Get here right now! He yelled.
Au said, Ia, when you leave, get to a Safety, get in while you can.
Safety..? I asked. & then guess what! Au pulled me towards him & kissed me right on the lips. I dunno how long for, but kissing is just as wonderful as Àe said it was. Uo said 's been all the way, but Àe won’t say who with. Anyway, Au’s lips were sorta chapped, & his breath smelled slightly of fish, but it was still good, like he really cared. I wondered why we'd not kissed like that before. He put his hands on the side of my face & I felt his fingertips in the little bits of hair springing out from where I'd tucked it behind my ears.
well, then, he whispered, kissing me again. I'm not sure when I'll see you again. But I hope it's soon.
Yeah. See you round, I murmured. & I stood in a dreamy sorta daze as he jumped off the top of the boat & went off to help his father.
/////////

message 46: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

I love how whenever I post a kissing scene Kriss always posts hers right after mine and makes me feel ashamed …

message 47: by Kriss (new)

♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "I love how whenever I post a kissing scene Kriss always posts hers right after mine and makes me feel ashamed …"

But yours are way more amazing than mine D:

message 48: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Yeahhh … Not true O_o

message 49: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Also, note that everyone commented on yours and not mine ;)

message 50: by Kriss (new)

So true; mine are horrible attempts that should go die in the deepest, darkest pits of literature compared to yours.

Yours is still more amazing u.u

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.