Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Freewrite September '10

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid ✩ | 11973 comments Mod
Yeah, I know it's not September yet but it's close enough. For organizational purposes, we'll say this topic is for the month of September (but you can start posting in it now). Basically, write whatever the heck you want in this topic. A sentence, a paragraph, a random description, a random conversation. Whatever. :P

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

"I thought you were my friend." Her eyes were cold and they pierced him like daggers.
He shot her a winning grin. "What can I say, sweetheart? I'm a rogue You were blind enough to fall for it."

message 3: by Baxter, butts butts butts (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 2455 comments Mod
The children crawled
all around my legs
they laughed and played
as I stood in horror
with my hands covered in blood

They looked so happy
They looked so fun
They needed sadness
To run again

And it all tastes fine
they did not notice
but I can't help but
fall to the ground
and laugh and play
alongside those damned.

FUNNY STUFF!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

morbid yet awesome.

message 5: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments I am officially disturbed.

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 1893 comments We were meant to be together
Why cant he see
We are two halves of one whole
Just meant to be

CORNY TO THE MAX!!! Corny rocks my socks off :P

message 7: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

That was beautiful, Kim. *sniffles*

message 8: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
Meh.
Bleh.
Heh.
Feh.
Deh.
Dead.
Death.
Dying.
Crying.
Pain.
What.
The.
Heck.
Am.
I.
Writing.

message 9: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Circle poems!

Pickle
Green
Orange
Pumpkin
Halloween
Black cat
Witch
Salem
Massachusetts
New England
Crappy weather
Rain
Water
Ocean
Earth
Land
Soil
Farming
Cucumbers
Pickle

OOH MAD SKILLZ.

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (kimcrow) | 1893 comments I want a go!

Cloud
Fluff
Sheep
Cow
Moo
Boo
Scared
Fear
Ilana
Awesome
Sauce
Yum
Food
Chocolate
Malk
Addiction

message 11: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Computer
Internet
Facebook
Friends
FMN
Movies
Movie theater
Popcorn
Butter
Toast
Hungry
Starving
Death
Destruction
Explosions
Fire
Flames
Orange
Orange juice
Fruit
Vegetable
Green
Forest
Trees
Paper
Writing
Typing
Computer

YAY.

message 12: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Edward Cullen
G[u:]y
Skinny jeans
Dance
Dating
Dump
Garbage
Edward Cullen

I failed.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Music
Artists
Paintings
Hills
Sky
Birds
Death
Fire
Terror
Running
Smelly
Shower
Rain
Dancing
Singing
Music

message 14: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
Writing
Love
Boys
Evil
Gross
Jerks
Pain
Feelings
Emotions
Music
Lyrics
Words
Writing

message 15: by Kriss (last edited Aug 27, 2010 09:02PM) (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 5015 comments Mod
I dunno:

Pale, cold, an infinite inferiority caressed by the daring tendrils of doom. She had a corpse’s face, pallid and white and endless, planes of ashen skin stripped to the bone with the deathly marks of something grotesque and morbid. Beauty marred, dead eyes, black hair curling in dirty ringlets around her scarred face. A visage that looked upon him eternally, always asking, Why?

He pushed her back into her hole and walked away.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Woah O_____O

Homework
school
jail
torture
medieval
knights
princesses
horses
fields
grass
trees
leaves
fall
end-of-summer
school
homework

message 17: by Kriss (new)

And on the battlefield lay a fallen angel.

Over the years time had battered and beat the definition to such a thing. It had warped the original meaning so many ways that it didn’t matter what a fallen angel was, anymore. However, this was the true essence of fallen. His dark raven hair fell across his face, shaggy and darkly shadowing his pale skin. Those eyes remained peeled open, optics staring eternally upon the cracked sky as if it held answers that nothing else ever would.

And, said eyes, where that same accursed color. That same mingling inclination of silver and blue, a shifting hue of two shades so drastically different they became a melded into a single image of beauty and sin. Like liquid moonlight upon a midnight winter sky—crisp, blue, a river of molten mercury and oceanic river all flowing into one swirling, twisted, celestial iris.

Those optics where hollowed, so withered and soulless they were indeed felled from former life and grace. They were, more than anything else, sullen. A sort of dark, angry melancholy was represented upon a stoic face and tangled eyes. The angular lines of his cheek-bones where highlighted with shadows and an extent of certain radiance, straining down from the reminisces of a daytime sky as twilight approached and began to devour the sun itself to soon replace it with the moon and stars.

However, he could not see anything other than the wisps of cracking, fissuring gray clouds. They where the leftover storm clouds that approached after the full-fledged brew of a tempest, broken by the reverberations of thunder and lightning through their formerly connected bodies of the storm. A shattered sky, stripped with reflections of those wrecked billows so that the cerulean and gold colors of the twilight sunlight was marred with the separated wisps of thick, stark bodies.

He thought, briefly, that it looked as if someone had dug their fingers into the heavens and ripped a hole that matched the entrance to hell itself. As if they had cracked the glass of the sky and left it withered, torn asunder with the fissures of a strength to large to defend against. His eyes reflected the image sevenfold, thousands of miniscule tempest visible within the silvery-blue irises.

It was strangely beautiful, in the most macabre of ways. Was it bad to admire such an abstract beauty? To look upon the sky and envision a world of shattered, imperfect perfection instead of what was supposed to be the first signs of peace and well-being? Kierlan only saw the aftereffects of a storm, and felt his stomach twist with horrendous vertigo. His fingers knotted into the loam of the earth, twisting into the tendrils of bloody, carnage-filled grass with his sliced hands. He couldn’t bring himself to move, staring upwards at this stunning and conceptual image of morbidity. He felt the injury in his stomach pulsing sanguineous liquid, a constant flow of his life leaving him cold and empty.

Kierlan continued to gaze upwards, towards the shattered heavens and waited in the silence left in the wake of war. He remembered what the demon had told him… a demon, nonetheless. How could you trust the word of the damned? Kierlan knew the answer, and always did; he was the damned.

“One day you’re going to tear the sky asunder, and never be able to put it back up once heavens felled around you like shattered glass.”

Oh, and he had. Kierlan had dug his claws into the surface of the skies and brought them crashing down. Distantly, he heard the sound of voices but his mind was disconnected from the scene. Silken strands of his shadowy hair fell across his eyes, overcastting their reminiscent beauty. Something about them was askew, more so than they normally where. Empty, maybe, were formerly they had been filled with a tangled mess of emotions.

He continued to bleed out, hand pressed limply to the wound, and watched as the sky turned dark and the voices faded off into the distance.

He was left alone, truly one of the fallen.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

“Spot!”
“Spot!”
She walked slowly through the woods, shouting the name. She held a light blue leash in one hand and curled a lock of her blonde hair with the other. She was sweating, the kind of sweat you get when jogging in the hot summer after a heavy rain. She looked around, keeping her big brown eyes wide open. “Spot!” she shouted again, swatting at a gnat. She continued walking, watching each step she took. “Spot!” the girl yelled, her shout sounding hopeless. The ground got steeper and the trees were spacing out more. She grabbed at some of them to keep her balance. “Spot!” She yelled louder, wishing she could just find the stupid dog and go home. She looked at the ground and noticed a strangely large ant hill. The size was bigger than normal small ones. It was around two feet high and one foot wide. It was crawling with fire ants. She grabbed a near by stick that was about a foot and a half long. The girl poked the ant hill with it, and noticed something strange. The ants were feeding at something but she was to far away to see well. She got closer to get a better look at whatever the ants were eating at. When she was about one foot away she saw what it was. She dropped the blue leash and the stick. “Spot?” She whispers.
The carcass was stripped clean, and all was left was the dog like bones. The girl backed away slowly, then she felt a sharp sudden pain on her legs. She looked down and saw an army of fire ants crawling all over her legs. She screamed and tried to swat away the killer ants. The girl then tried to turn around and run but tripped on the stick she dropped and fell onto the ant hill. She let out a bloodcurdling scream before being buried in the red killer insects.

message 19: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) | 22 comments Okay, let's give this a go...

I looked up at the flashing lights. They flashed so fast, so bright... People were everywhere, swarming me, lifting me - and then the flashing stopped. The people stopped. There was just one person. and then, black.

"Jenna.... Jenna.... Oh, there you are. You had a long sleep."
I looked up at the woman leaning over me. She was wearing green scrubs and a wide smile. "Where... where am I?" I asked. My voice was groggy and felt thick in my mouth. The nurse seemed startled by my voice. "Oh, you're in the York Hospital, Pediatric Wing. Dear, do you remember anything?" she asked gently. I shook my head no. Her face held a pained expression. "You were in a car crash, Jenna. You and your mother, your sister..." Here voice trailed off. Suddenly it all cam back to me. The bang, the windshield cracking, the screaming, the pain. Where was my mom? My sister?

Well, that was interesting.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Tennis
heat
windy
EV
fields
grass
dinosaurs
silly children XD
dress up
dolls
adventures
indiana jones
giant rolling thingy
tennis balls
tennis

message 21: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments YOU FREAKIN' MENTIONED INDIANA JONES!!! :D

message 22: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments I am feeling morbid right now. So, "Schindler's List" Main Theme by John Williams inspired this.

(Clicky for song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMx2SK...)

A girl lying on the floor
Waiting, shuddering
Wanting help
Soggy hair over her face
What did she do to deserve this?
Nothing
Absolutely nothing
Just the cruel world did this
So she just lies there
In the wooden room
Old and rotting
It's past unknown
But she lies there,
Clutching her chest
Tears pouring down her face
And all there's left
In that wooden room
Is a girl with
A tear-streaked face
Taking her last breath

message 23: by Kriss (new)

Mud wallows and tar pits; delirium is infinite
We thought the world was made of sand and bricks
Eye-level are the crypts of ancient kings and cracking rips
Tied to us where strings and broken, lacking wings

They snapped whips; the kneeling men all cried
And when the whipping was done they saw many had died
But they where sly bastards, see, so they cursed and they lied
Wry grins and dry smirks, watching fox-like men lurk in disguise

message 24: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Wow, my poem stunk.

message 25: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments What is life?

Nothing but the
Mere flicker of a candle

Nothing but the
Blink of an eye

Nothing but the
Sand the slips through my fingers

Nothing but the
Light clicked off

Nothing but the
Setting of the sun

Nothing but the
Tick of a clock

What is life?
I was asked one day

Life is
Too fast.

message 26: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments Loneliness
is not just being physically alone
But feeling
empty
and
by yourself.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm gonna do a circle poem! Meep!

Slap
Anger
Finn
Glee (Yes, it's my very guilty pleasure.)
Happy
Smile
Frown
Sad
Angry
Slap!

That one didn't take long enough

message 28: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments I wanna make one...

Creepers
Binoculars
Windows
Birds
Singing
Justin Bieber
That Guy I Saw at the Restaurant
His Brother
Braces
Braceface
TV Shows
The News
Peeping Toms
Creepers

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm trying another one. Hmm...

Music
Guster
Epic
Zepik
Mustard
Food
Curry
B.K.
Lord of the Rings
Hobbits
Hairy Feet
Gross
Edward Cullen
Stalker
Eyes
Rogue Wave
Music

message 30: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments Lol. Zepik.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

This is entertaining. Teehee!

Giggle
My brother
Paris
French I
Language
Alphabet
Letters
LETTERS TO RYAN!
Depressing
Hotel Rwanda
Geography
AP World History
Ew
Ewe
BAAAAA!
Babe
Pig
Snout
Penelope!
Penelope Clearwater
Percy
Percy Jackson
Poseidon
Ocean
Salty
Paprika
Blue's Clues
Red chair
Comfortable
Sleep
Tired
Slap-happy
Laughter
Giggles

message 32: by Annemarie, hi (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
Fire
Water
Swim
Bathing Suit
Shopping
Money
Greed
People
Death
Birth
Life
Happy
Smiling
Mouth
Nose
Heart
Hand
Shaking
Trembling
Fear
Destruction
Fire

message 33: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Rainbows
Gay
Guys
Sports
Football
Injury
Hospital
Bill
Screams
Horror
Happy
Rainbows

message 34: by Catie (new)

Catie  | 243 comments Jason didn't look at Sophia. He couldn't. Not after what she did. "There is a black and a white Sophia. A good and an evil."
"Funny thing about black and white Jason. When you mix them together you get gray." Sophia said as she placed a hand on his shoulder

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, that's like the theme from my NaNo of this year.

message 36: by Catie (new)

Catie  | 243 comments Oh really? That was the theme of my Julno this year.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess it's not really the theme of mine, but my NaNo does deal with good and evil/light and dark a bit. My protagonist is dark. *grins evilly*

message 38: by Catie (new)

Catie  | 243 comments Nice. I've always wanted to do that but whenever I try it doesn't turn out right.

message 39: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments That was awesome, Catie.

Writing
Creativity
Art
EW
Vomit
Texas Toms
Western
Cowboys
Horse
Cow
Farm
Stink
Garbage
Edward Cullen
Gay
Neil Patrick Harris
Adorable
Erik, the Phantom of the Opera
Book
Writing

message 40: by Autumn (last edited Sep 29, 2010 02:01PM) (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments zYXwvUtSrqpOnMlkJIhgfEDCbA
and
that
is how
i'm
feeling

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments A dogfight from a future war...Might even turn into a plot.

“what do you read, Zulu One-Five-Seven?” Control asked. A bead of sweat ran down Charlie’s face.
“Control, we read Zulu-Uniform-Lima-Zulu One-Five-Seven.” He said, flipping a switch. On the dashboard, a flashing light that read FOXTROT 3 ARMED appeared.
“Copy, Zulu.” The man at Control paused and looked at his radar. “Zulu One-Seven, we detect one armed Scorpion missile onboard your aircraft. Please clarify. Over.” Charlie nodded.
“Control, we have no Scorpions aboard. Repeat, no Scorpion payload on board. Over.”
“Zulu One-Five-Seven, you are approaching Control at unsafe speed. Repeat, unsafe speed parameters. Please decrease to Mach Point Five.”
“Roger, Control.” Charlie pressed the throttle forward. His dial pushed farther and farther. Two Mach, Two Point Five, Three Mach, Three Point Five…
“Zulu, we repeat, unsafe speed. Please decrease.” Charlie flipped off the link to control and flicked another switch. This time the screen flashed from FOXTROT 3 ARMED to FOXTROT 3 AWAY.
“Foxtrot 3 away, Command.” He flipped several switches as the screen flashed from FOXTROT 3 AWAY to SIDEWINDER 1 ARMED to SIDEWINDER 1 AWAY to SCORPION 7 ARMED to SCORPION 7 AWAY. Charlie watched from the canopy of his experimental F-19 fighter jet as the three nuclear payloads rocket towards their target at nine hundred miles an hour. He watched the Mach dial pass 10 Mach as he sped past the power plant and the rockets detonated, sending their radioactive warheads three miles into the sky. With perfect aim, Charlie switched off almost all of his jet’s electrical components at the same time to avoid the EMP. But it wouldn’t matter anyway, as the F-19 was already a hundred miles away when the third rocket hit. Charlie smiled and turned his radio back on.
“Control, this is X-Ray One-Seven-Two. Target destroyed. I repeat, target destroyed.”
“Confirm, X-Ray.” The man at Command replied. “Kominsky nuclear submarine pens destroyed?”
“Command confirmed, General.” Charlie grinned. “The Russian navy will be crippled. Kominsky pens destroyed.”

message 42: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments ZULLLLUUUUUUUUUUU

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thepicturemagicianakaprobie) | 2218 comments yeah, it's a cool word.

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2010 04:29PM) (new)

NaNoWriMo
Stress
Wrinkles
DAR
Retro couch
Newsies
Obsession
Brownie Obsession
T.G.I. Friday's
Chicken fingers
Honey mustard
Yummy
Food
Obesity
Exercise
Stress
NaNoWriMo

message 45: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Newsies! Heck oui! (I stole your line....mwahahaha.)

message 46: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments Morning
Awake
Asleep
Night
Late
Party
Fun
Roller coasters
Vomit
Sick
Flu
Medicine
Doctor
Rest
Asleep
Awake
Morning

message 47: by Joeanne (new)

Joeanne (mszminne) | 40 comments Random writing.
The Doubtful Queen

Common ideas, can you say thats what it really is? Not really,because i hate the animals of this kingdom looks. Does that mean i'm a stupid ruler. i thought i had the upper hand to rule a smart empire. I guess thats what lead to my demise, i only focused on the better of things. Somehow the my savage people, the animals need a little doubt. Mabey just ,mabey will all learn to live.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.