(never home)maker Foodie Book Club discussion

Next 3 Books -- Call for Suggestions!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley M (neverhomemaker) | 6 comments Mod
Hey, everyone! So, welcome to the new Foodie Book Club home. As you may have heard, we were getting a little overwhelmed with hosting on the blog. But we don't want the fun to stop because we're busy. Nope, in fact -- tell your friends because from now on, this is the spot to visit for all things Foodie Book Club.

Including our next three months of books. We're still reading/reviewing Julie & Julia for August. We've got The Omnivore's Dilemma for September. But what do you want to read after that? Please leave your top two picks for us at the beep.

BEEP!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

I think that sounds wonderful! I'd love to add that as our October book. I'm really interested in that topic. Thank you!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments I'd not heard of that one, but it sounds interesting to me! :)

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Sorry?! Puhlease! THANK YOU for these suggestions. They look great!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliegrice) I've never heard of the Radical Homemaker movement, but it sounds interesting. So does the book about eating local!!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Well, then. I will wait a few days. I hope people don't mind if maybe we just add these two books as the October and November picks, respectively. A poll is difficult to manage -- and I think that these books could really be enjoyed by all.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your support of the book club moving to this site. Jessica ROCKS for her suggestion!

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz | 1 comments Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver is also really good and it's about eating locally/homegrown for a year. It's very accessible and engaging!

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (leashy159) Plenty/ 100 Mile diet sounds really interesting! I'll have to look into it!

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2 comments Animal Vegetable Miracle is great.

Farm City by Novella Carpenter is fantastic as well. It is about the minifarm she created on an abandoned lot behind her Oakland apartment. She raises pigs, turkeys, and chickens and gets as close as possible to where her food comes from.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2 comments And I totally forgot my latest favorite; Real Food by Nina Planck which you can read about here: http://www.amazon.com/Real-Food-What-...

message 11: by Ashley (new)

thanks for the suggestions!!! when i'm not totally exhausted from my long run, i'll add some of them in :)

message 12: by Marcella (new)

Marcella | 1 comments Farm City that Laura recommended is really good and humorous. I'd second that one. Also, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake is really good. I just made my book group read it and they all loved it and we had a great discussion. Fiction, quirky story but definitely can get you thinking about the food you eat.

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I have Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake waiting on my kindle. I guess it will keep waiting to see if we read it!