Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > Lesser Known Authors

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments We all know the big names but does anyone have any recommendations of authors that are lesser known? Those that publish with the smaller publishing companies that don't get picked up by the big stores?

Please let us know those gems...

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments I really enjoyed Olivia Parkers debut novel, At the Bride Hunt Ball by Olivia Parker as well as the sequel To Wed a Wicked Earl by Olivia Parker . Since she's only the 2 books, I consider her a lesser known author.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Yes, she's great :)

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (last edited Aug 24, 2010 02:46PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I just finished a romantic suspense trilogy by Wendy Stone that I enjoyed.

Captive Angel: Book One of the Hunter Series
Heaven in Her Eyes
Key to Her Heart

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments I've not heard of Wendy Stone, but I guess that's the point of this thread! LOL I'll check her out. I like trilogies and stand alones for those times when I don't want to get into another long series.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I don't know if these authors are new to anyone else, but they are new to me and I loved what I have read so far.
Kathryne Kennedy Double Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #2) by Kathryne Kennedy My Unfair Lady by Kathryne Kennedy Enchanting the Beast (Relics of Merlin, #3) by Kathryne Kennedy

Madeline Hunter Lord of a Thousand Nights (Medieval #6) by Madeline Hunter

Betina Krahn The Husband Test (Brides of Virtue, 2) by Betina Krahn

namericanwordcat | 591 comments I feel like a huge promoter of her work but I love Robin Owens Celta Series.

It is set in the future but feels caught between times with magic and low tech stuff. It has fated mates (so you must deal with your partner) and talking pets. It really is so funny and tender. Love her and don't think she does well enough.

Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1) by Robin D. Owens

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Not my genre but I might check it out anyway. Thanks Cali.

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Just read my first Kaki Warner and loved it.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Which one, Lisa Kay? I think I read one and it was just okay for me.

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Her latest, Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1) by Kaki Warner . Maybe she's getting better?

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments sounds good. I might just give her another try :)

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Alldredge (cheryl_alldredge) | 12 comments Vanessa Kelly is on my new favorites list for historicals. Just finished Sex and the Single Earl by Vanessa Kelly .

message 14: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Not my genre but I might check it out anyway. Thanks Cali."

Historically, hmmm lesser known Well I love Pamela Morsi she really isn't lesser know I don't think but doesn't write historicals any more really.

message 15: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne | 5 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Her latest,Heartbreak Creek. "

I have this one Lisa Kay and hope to start this soon. A lesser known author for me was Ellen O'Connell. She has two books in the western/cowboy romance genre that I simply adored..Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold and Sing My Name! Western romance is not usually a genre that I read (but thanks to Lisa Kay that's changing:)

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments KatLynne wrote: "I have this one Lisa Kay and hope to start this soon. A lesser known author for me was Ellen O'Connell."

I've heard of those books, KatLynne, and have been looking at them, reading the reviews. They do look good!