The Strain discussion

Horror or not?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What'cha think? Is it more of a horror book? It reminds me of early Stephen King kind of.

message 2: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 27 comments Most definitely I would put it in the horror category. You are absolutely right about it resembling early Stephen King, I am thinking Pet Cemetary (not my favorite) and Salem's Lot....

Very, very creepy!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I forgot about Salem's Lot....excellent comparison. The worm thingies just creeped me out completely here.....ugh!!!

message 4: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 27 comments The worms really got me too, especially that scene with the woman in the attic. EEEWWWWWW! I love that the person trying to save everyone is a eighty something year old Holocaust survivor.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Isn't he the best? Every scene with vampire fighting had me petrified that he was going to die (sacrificial character, lol).....I'm so glad he's alive for the next book!

I actually liked all the main protagonists a lot....usually there's at least one that I don't really care about, but not this book. So I'm forgiving the earlier aviation scenes....as long as no airplanes show up in the next book. ha.

message 6: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 27 comments Hope they fill Nora's character out a little more in future books, she was the one character that didn't get too rounded out. We got more of Gus than of Nora. Poor Gus, I couldn't imagine who it was that scooped him up!