What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to chat > 500 days of summer

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments What book is Summer reading towards the end of the movie when shes at some diner and the guy she later marries first notices her there reading something??

message 2: by bup (new)

bup | 84 comments It's probably The Architecture of Happiness. That's the book Tom's reading early in the movie, and that he gives to her as a gift.

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee | 2 comments no, its not that one. the part where she is sitting on the bench with tom and has her wedding ring on. She's goes on to tell Tom how her and her husband met at a diner & she was reading some book when he (husband) had approached her.

message 4: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 53 comments I looked up the script. They don't tell us what book she's reading.

"One day I'm reading a book at the
corner deli and this guy sits down
and starts asking about it. Now
he's my husband!"

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments So, I think I'll put this in the chat thread. I hope that's okay.

message 6: by El (new)

El | 502 comments I just wanted to make a correction to this (I saw the movie again last night). Summer does say what she's reading. I did look at the script online and noticed so much of it is different from the actual movie.

What Summer said in the movie (slightly paraphrased): I was sitting at the deli reading Dorian Gray and he asked me about it and now he's my husband.

So, the correct answer is: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.