What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Blacklist (V.I. Warshawski, #11)
This topic is about Blacklist
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. mystery, woman private investigator, body found in pond, girl helping Arab [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ariana | 53 comments This woman typically solves mysteries, and so this novel is no new thing for her. A dead body is found in a pond near an abandoned mansion. This private investigator catches a girl near this pond and then figures out that this girl is helping this young Arab who is running from the government and hiding in this house. I think this boy's name is Benny. There's a lot of characters, so many that I had a hard time keeping them straight. I believe that this was a conflict between two powerful companies. (Possibly publishing companies). I rented the audio-tape version of this book from a Cracker Barrel last summer.

Ariana | 53 comments At one point the Arab boy hides in an oven or a bathroom or something while cops search the place. I believe that the boy dies later on.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Cracker Barrel rents audiobooks?

Ariana | 53 comments Kind of. It's a weird semi-purchase with return option. (They're all used, but you get them for a little cheaper, and you can return them for about 75% of the purchase price.)

message 5: by Carmen (last edited Aug 24, 2010 03:48PM) (new)

Carmen | 46 comments I think you mean Blacklist by Sara Paretsky.

Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban
Author of Two Moon Princess

Ariana | 53 comments YES that's it! Thank you Carmen!

message 7: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 46 comments You're very welcome.