VEGETARIANS!!! AND VEGANS!!! discussion

Parents!!!!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jules (new)

jules (zowboy) How do I get my parents to accept me being a vegetarian?! My dad is always trying to get me to eat meat, and he just won't accept that this is who I am!!! Help!?

message 2: by Petunia (new)

Petunia | 2 comments They don't have to accept it, and they may not. It is not a choice they make it is a reaction they have. Your eating no meat probably makes them feel bad, so they try to get you to go back.

message 3: by jules (new)

jules (zowboy) All right, then... thanks. Yeah, I guess that it doesn't really matter what they think about it. Thanks for your help.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) They're probably just concerned about if it's healthy. Do some research and show them the stuff that talks about how you can get all the nutrients you need from veggies. :-)

message 5: by jules (new)

jules (zowboy) That's a great idea! Yeah, they are a little worried about that, so I will have to convince them that it is still healthy to be a vegetarian! Thanks so much!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "They don't have to accept it, and they may not. It is not a choice they make it is a reaction they have. Your eating no meat probably makes them feel bad, so they try to get you to go back."

I agree.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) Julia wrote: "That's a great idea! Yeah, they are a little worried about that, so I will have to convince them that it is still healthy to be a vegetarian! Thanks so much!"

No problem

message 8: by jules (new)

jules (zowboy) Cool, thanks for your help, everyone, you're the only vegetarians that I know & can consult!

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) :-)

message 10: by Jessica-L- (new)

Jessica-L- I know how you feel!! I had some trouble with my father... He just couldn't accept my choice, maybe he still thinks it's a whim and that I'll 'grow out of it'. I tried reasoning with him countless times, and we argued a lot over it, but I realized that it's better to just leave it alone. He has his opinions, I have mine and that's never going to change. Over time, though, he started respecting my choices a little more and that's all I ever wanted, really. Mom, on the other hand, has been great from the start, and she likes to try new food with me, and even eats less meat than before. :) I hope your parents will accept it along the line, you just have to be patient, I guess..

message 11: by jules (new)

jules (zowboy) That sounds just like my dad, actually! My dad is quite the meateater, unfortunately. My mom was usually okay with it, but lately, she's been getting more strict. It's not like I'm getting sick from lack of protein of anything!
But, good idea, we do have different opinions. I have been a vegetarian for a little over a year, so I guess he just needs even more time to get used to it.
Thanks, Jessica!