Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer Get Married!!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) OMG there's a huge age difference there...28 vs 40...wow I didn't know he was that old.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Sherri wrote: "OMG there's a huge age difference there...28 vs 40...wow I didn't know he was that old."

40 is not that old....
12 year difference really isn't too bad. There is like a 24 year difference with Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas. and isn't it around a 14-15 year difference with Demi Moore?

message 4: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) I think I was just shocked by how old he was!

message 5: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments Booooo@40 being old!

message 6: by Cary (last edited Aug 23, 2010 06:04AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) You must be young. As you become older you'll see 12 years is not that much of a difference. Forty is not that old. You'll be there in no time. I am so happy for them. I think they make a good couple on the show, and I am sure they will do well in real life. I really hope so. :)

message 7: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) Yay!! Love them together. 40 is sooo not old and 12 years difference is not that much.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Cary wrote: "You must be young. As you become older you'll see 12 years is not that much of a difference. Forty is not that old. You'll be there in no time. I am so happy for them. I think they make a good coup..."

You are so right!

message 9: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Oh my gosh everyone is making a huge deal b/c I said Bill was old and that there was a big age difference between the two of them... btw I am not really that young, I'm 25 but I personally would not be dating or marrying a 40 year old... everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that was mine.

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments Well...you're right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The whole point of a discussion group is for people to voice opinions. However, when voicing your opinion you should expect others to react. I'm sure there are more than a few 40ish members in this group. Your opinion of 40 olds sounded a little judgmental that's all.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments I know no one's asking for my opinion here, but I don't think anyone means to be ageist. Maybe I read this wrong, but...

"I didn't know he was that old."
Translation: "He looks younger than 40."

"I didn't know he was so old."
Translation: "40 is old."

It's a very subtle difference. I myself am only 29, but 40 is looking younger every day. :-)

message 12: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Just for the record...your first statement is what I meant...I didn't realize he was 40 I thought he was a lot younger...

You're the first one who's tried to make any sense out of what I said instead of just remarking about how young I must be, or that it's not such an age difference or that 40 isn't really that old.

message 13: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sherri, 25 is young enough to think 40 is old but it's okay. I thought the same thing at 25. I'm 30 and I'm REALLY into 40+ year olds now because that's only 10 years away more than likely. As you get older your taste change. I get what you meant though. I too noted the difference was pretty great and didn't know he was 40 ish.

message 14: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sarah wrote: "I know no one's asking for my opinion here, but I don't think anyone means to be ageist. Maybe I read this wrong, but...

Translation: "He looks younger than 40."

..."

Same here, Sarah but I know at 21 I thought 29 was old and wouldn't date someone because of it. LOL. It felt gross to me but now it would be no problem to date someone 39!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Ranata wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I know no one's asking for my opinion here, but I don't think anyone means to be ageist. Maybe I read this wrong, but...

Translation: "He looks young..."

Ha! I would've dated a 29-year-old when I was 21, but my arbitrary, yet totally flexible cutoff is 10 years older. :-)

message 16: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sarah wrote: "Ranata wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I know no one's asking for my opinion here, but I don't think anyone means to be ageist. Maybe I read this wrong, but...

Translation: ..."

He was hot but I couldn't get into him until I was about 24. LOL. We got together then and he was 32 at that time. Still old but I was closer to it!

message 17: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Yeah I remember as when I was 15 seing people in their 30s and going oh mi god. Dude has a chrome dome and hair on the sides of his head. LOL Moyer still is looking good. :)

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments Wow he is 40!!! Damn yes I think that is too old. I personally like a 5-6 year gap.

message 19: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Well thats ideal. But you marry people because you like them. Not because of how old they are.

message 20: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments I just think it is funny all the comments on the age thing. Why is this even a discussion again? Right, they got married...YAY they are in love!!! I hope it is happy for them and not another failed Hollywood marriage. I agree with you Cary. Age is only a number...who cares!!!

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments amen Jessie....

message 22: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Wow! I didn't know they were a "true" couple. Thanks for the info. :-)

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Kathrynn wrote: "Wow! I didn't know they were a "true" couple. Thanks for the info. :-)"

hehehe..."true"...I get it. :-)

message 24: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) lol, on the pun Kathrynn.

And the older I get, the more my age range for acceptable couples changes. What I DO find annoying tho, is when its viewed as "ok" for an older guy to marry/be involved with a much younger woman. But when its the other way around, there is a LOT of sniping about it. Ok, its probably NOT my thing, but still, I remember something my Mum told one of my Uncles when I was a kid. One of their cousins had just married, and she was 100% Choctaw, as opposed to the 12.5% of my family. Mum said, "You don't have to sleep with her, so keep your nose OUT of their marriage. They won't thank you for anything you say." Weirdly enough--the cousin is STILL married to her and that Uncle is now working on wife #5

message 25: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) What I think is funny is money. If your really rich. Then people seem to care much less how old you are. Money can really take those years away.LOL.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I saw a segment yesterday on HBO. They were talking about how many awards HBO has won for their shows and the reporter was interviewing Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin. She gave them a toaster as a gift saying she didn't know where they were registered in which Paquin quipped they were registered at Blood, Bath and Beyond. I thought that was cute :)

message 27: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Ha ha how funny. They must be having the time of their lives.

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
They're a cute couple

message 29: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Way cute couple. I wonder who Eric is seeing?

message 30: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Cary wrote: "Way cute couple. I wonder who Eric is seeing?"

In the True Blood article it says and shows a pic "Eric" (Skarsgard) with his girlfriend Kate Bosworth.

message 31: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Sandra wrote: "Cary wrote: "Way cute couple. I wonder who Eric is seeing?"

In the True Blood article it says and shows a pic "Eric" (Skarsgard) with his girlfriend Kate Bosworth."

Also, the Queen (Evan Rachel Wood) is engaged to Marilyn Manson.

message 32: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments oops I just read that they broke up for the third time in August.