Advanced Avatar Roleplay discussion

Dicussions > Avatar 2

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
This movie is set for a 2014 release. James Cameron has confirmed that there will be volcanoes, that the same characters will be revolved around, that the movie will happen several years after the first one ended, and that this movie will explore the oceans of Pandora.
What do you want to see?

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Ivwanna see Jake and netyri have a baby!!

message 3: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy I wanna see it go poof. One Avatar movie was enough, but now I think they've gone overboard. Sure, the first Avatar was really good, but in the eyes of many the first Shrek movie (for example) was really good too. Then it started getting lamer, and lamer, and lamer. I think, for the sake of the movie's reputation, they should've just kept it at one. It made a good movie, but I don't think it'll make a good series. They should've left it at one, instead of making the same common mistake everyone is doing these days.

I don't really wanna see a baby, either. The main love interest of the movie having a kid is overdone, and I don't want Avatar to fall into that category like everyone else. A movie full of stereotypes, or that is too cliche for my liking, loses my interest immediately. So, no. I don't want to see any baby, for the love of StarClan. I think it would be better if Avatar did something completely different. I don't see the point of those two even having a baby! I think it would ruin the entire movie.

message 4: by Kayla (last edited Dec 20, 2010 03:49PM) (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
That's true. Though I think, unfortunately, a baby is unavoidable considering Netyri looked hugely pregnant in the deleted scenes for the extra Collector's version of the movie.
I think they should do something in the second movie about having the animals of the planet begin attacking them for no reason and have them be the threat. That would be odd.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Ooh. I like it. All I know is that it's oceans of Pandora, and that the main characters will be different. I think.

message 6: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) But Kayla just confermed that it would have the same characters.

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Well, there may very well be some new characters. There is potential for new 'next' leaders, as well as Neytiri and Jake's child if they end up having one. But Jake and Neytiri will definitely be back.

message 8: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) You'd think so.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Really? I heard Jake and Neyteri will be in it, but for like five minutes, just minor characters and then they're making underwater characters for the main ones.

message 10: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) No, jake and Neyteri will be definetly be in it.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments But just as Cameo's, right?

message 12: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) No, as main characters.

FAIL trailer (fake): http://www.collegehumor.com/video:193...

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Amusing trailer. :P

News: The release date for Avatars 2 and 3 will be (tentatively) December 2014 and December 2015.

James Cameron is planning to shoot some footage seven miles underwater in the Challenger Deep, the deepest point of the Mariana Trench and also the deepest location on earth. The pressure at such a depth would be over 8 tons per square inch - far beyond the capabilities of even the most advanced Russian military subs, which can handle only 1,600 pounds per square inch.

"""The director told the L.A. Times that a planned follow-up to the blockbuster film would head for the fictional planet’s oceans.
“Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment — a different setting within Pandora,” he told the newspaper. “And I’m going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won’t be a rain forest. I’m not saying we won’t see what we’ve already seen; we’ll see more of that as well.”
He also hinted at space travel — and a potential third film.
“We created a broad canvas for the environment of film. That’s not just on Pandora, but throughout the Alpha Centauri AB system,” he said. “And we expand out across that system and incorporate more into the story — not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film.”"""

James Cameron announced yesterday that a large part of the sequel to the highest-grossing film of all time will take place in the teeming oceans of Pandora. The film-maker also hinted that the third film in his planned series might expand to other planets.
"We created a broad canvas for the environment of film," Cameron told the LA Times' Hero Complex blog. "That's not just on Pandora, but throughout the Alpha Centauri AB system. And we expand out across that system and incorporate more into the story – not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film.

"Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment – a different setting within Pandora. And I'm going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won't be a rainforest. I'm not saying we won't see what we've already seen; we'll see more of that as well," he added.

I'm looking for something about the characters.

message 14: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) I'd like to know about the characters too.