Advanced Avatar Roleplay discussion

Dicussions > Avatar (Movie #1)

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Put your ratings, what they could have changed, ask questions to other members, what you liked and what you didn't like, etc.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments I didn't like how there was so much nudity. I mean, yeah, it wasn't too bad mostly, but in some parts I was a little awkwarded out.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Well, it wasn't too bad for me because they weren't real humans. I don't know, it just didn't bother me so much.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments But you know how they made the movie, right?

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments They had the actors put little dots on themselves that on the computers turned them into the avatars.

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Yes, but they weren't actually naked at the time. They had on slick, green body suits that the dots were all over.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Oh! Phew. I didn't know that part. *Feels better*

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Yeah. If it wasn't a green suit, they would have had a lot harder time taking the people out and adapting the Na'vi bodies.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Well isn't that what the dots do?

I'll be back in a little. Imma hop in the shower real fast.

message 14: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Okay, byez!
The dots show where the essential spots and joints and areas are, and the green suit allows them to substitute the image in, using the dots as a map.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Ooh. Okay. I see. I thought about the whole suit thing, but then I thought that it'd have to be really skin tight and they wouldn't be able to move as much... But it still makes sense.

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Yeah, it's kinda like a diving/surfing full body suit.

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Haha. Yah. Actually they were black suits, but you get the point. :P The dots connect where everything moves and changes, and the suits just take out their bodies.

message 19: by Shayla (last edited Dec 29, 2010 08:03PM) (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) I saw this one.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Haha I just watched this show on how they made Avatar, which made me feel better that they trained for almost a year for this movie. (:

message 21: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) You'd think so.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Yeah... It just bugged me how fluid her motions were, and no offense to Zoey or anything, but it seems almost impossible she could just walk onto set having that ability already.

message 23: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Yeah...

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Haha. :) I already know how to shoot a bow that well, though. And ride a horse that well. I take pride in these facts. XD

message 25: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) I can ride horses pretty well.