WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Characters H-P > Lazur

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: Lazur (He needs no last name)
Description: I think we'll only ever see him wearing black armor and we never see his face, except for at the very end of the third book (yes, the Black Diamond is the first in a trilogy I'm planning) where he DIES! BWAHAHAHA!
Anyway. I was thinking about him looking...not human... sort of demonic.

Personality: He's evil. Pure evil. Think Sauron meets Voldemort. He wants total domination and he is incapable of love. I'm sorry, Joshyboy, but he could eat Garog for breakfast. He could probably eat Alessandro and Jacques too...

What I Know About Him So Far: He tried to take over the magical land of Vardence a loooooong time ago, he was killed by a sorcerer named Nalmoncrah (I predict that Maxy Maxtasticus is getting rather excited and maybe a tad confused) and for a long time was thought to be dead. But he's kind of like a cockroach in the sense that it's hard to kill him. Now he's starting to come back to power, and he hopes to use the uber-magical Black Diamond to regain power and rule over Vardence.

What I need help with: He needs one redeeming quality. Only one. I want him to be absolutely terrible. And he needs some special skills. He's very skilled with magic and is an excellent archer and swordsman, but other than that, I have nothing.

And maybe some quirks.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

NALMONCRAH ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!

He really does, because I'm not wearing socks right now. He obviously rocked them off. Ehehe.

I'm not confused. I'm pretty sure I know what's going on. *grins*

Hmm, redeeming quality...

Very articulate? No, most awesome villains have that anyway.
Maybe he only kills people when he has to--he prefers torture. Or vice versa. Your choice.
This isn't redeeming, but I think he should be an epic failure when it comes to battle axes. "Bring your pretty face to my ax!"
Erm...

Maybe he's like **FABLEHAVEN SPOILER** The Sphinx, in the sense that he thinks he can do a better job of ruling Vardence than anyone else could. Nah, I dunno.

Uhm...

Likes music?

I'm not as helpful as I felt I could be. Sorry, dear!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It's okay, I like the torture thing. He's probably going to be a total sadist.

message 4: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments XD

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, RedPath...wanna help me?

message 6: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Sure! Whatcha need?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Umm, a redeeming quality, skills (that make him seem evil), and a few quirks, like, perhaps a signature fight move or something of the like?

message 8: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Okay! I'll need a second though...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, thanks!

message 10: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Weeeellll.....

Redeeming qualities: Is an animal lover, is very intelligent, uhhh.....cleverness...

Skillz: the ability to set people on fire, can sense people's feelings and use said feelings against them, is very persuasive....

quirks: chews the end of his sword/wand/whatever when he's thinking or bored, spins or flips coins, hmmmm....

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I like the redeeming qualities, and the skills, and the coins thing. Thanks!

message 12: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments No prob :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Perhaps he has vast hordes of creatures under his control? That would sort of fit with the animal lover thing...

message 14: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Yeah! Vicious, furocious things....

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, Dragons, and Gryffins and wolves...

message 16: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments and Phoenixes!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

YES! But there are some good dragons, gryffins, etc. too.

message 18: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Of course!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, well, two gryffins are main characters, so that's already decided.