Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Hunger Games Series - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I know that this book isn't fantasy, so I really probably shouldn't be putting it on this group. But I want to discuss the new one so badly and don't have any other groups (other than fantasy) that I am really involved in. So I apolgize to anyone that is upset that I am discussing a non-fantasy book on here.

Today I started re-reading The Hunger Games and want to re-read it and Catching Fire before the new book comes out on Tuesday. I am really interested in hearing what people think is going to happen in this final book! Also, who do you think that Katniss will end up with?

message 2: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB | 0 comments I'm re-reading the books, too :) It's been about a year since I read them, so it is interesting to catch up with Peeta, Katniss, and Gale. I just finished Hunger Games again. I remember being really surprised at times during Catching Fire, and remember there being a cliffhanger style ending, but I can't remember the details --- hence the re-read.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) | 159 comments I'm cheering for team Peeta.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I've seen a copy of Mockingjay, and I couldn't resist peeking at the epilogue. I think I'm going to be happy with it. :)

message 5: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Hmmmm....Sarah I really, really want to ask you if you are a fan of Peeta or Gail, but at the same time I really don't want to know! If you are rooting for Gail then I might be really sad! But where in the world did you see a copy of it? Do you work at a book store?

I'm with Danielle. I love Peeta. I love Gail too, but she and Peeta have been through so much together. I hope that they end up with each other.

I remember the very ending of Catching Fire, but I don't really remember how they got there. So I am looking forward to my re-read. I've been listening to the audio for Hunger Games all day today, and am just about done!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments LOL, Kelley Anne! I work in a library, and I saw a copy on the cataloger's desk. We can't put them out on the shelf until release date, but sometimes we get new books early to allow for time to catalog and sticker them. No one was around when I saw it, so I carefully snatched it off the bottom of the pile and sneaked a peek. I have no idea what happens in the book, but I do know the last scene. I think it will be quite tender, but having read out of context, I could be all wrong!

As for whom I like best, I'll never tell. I can't even remember if I've reviewed these books and left spoilers there. Hmmm. I was sad at the end of Catching Fire, though.

message 7: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I can't wait until Tuesday!

One thing that I have been finding really interesting as I've been re-reading Hunger Games is the way that Katniss view Peeta. She keeps finding things that she likes about him and then immediately reminds herself that he is just faking everything. That she can't like him. How different would it have all been if she knew from the start that he wasn't faking any of it!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I have only read the first book, as I am saving Catching Fire for when I get Mockingjay (perordered so I am hoping it arrives early!) as I heard that there is a cliffhanger.

But I am Team Peeta, and I don't think that will change, as much as I liked Gale from the first book, he didn't go through The Hunger Games with her.

message 9: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments That would be so hard for me to have had Catching Fire around and not read it yet! I'll try to be good and not give any spoilers for it, but you are right it does end on a cliff hanger. And I have been dying for a year to find out what will happen!

I really like Gale, but like you said he didn't go through the Hunger Games with her. He hasn't been put in the same situations that they two of them have. He hasn't had to deal with the same ramifications. I hope that he finds someone that will make him happy, but I want Katniss and Peeta to end up together.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) That's why I decided to wait, I didn't want to wait ages on a massive cliffhanger, I read HUnger Games this year though so I didn't have so long to wait.

What freaked me out the most was at the end of Hunger Games, where all the contestants kind of "came back" as massive wolves, that bit was horrible for lots of different reasons.

message 11: by FlibBityFLooB (new)

FlibBityFLooB | 0 comments Well, I finished my re-read of Catching Fire. I think that I am team Peeta ;)