The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 0.0 Fit This Book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I know sometimes I have a hard time fitting in a book into a task so I am opening this up for those of you that are like me.

message 2: by Leigh Ann (new)

Leigh Ann (leighannflyingonsilverwings) I got The Holy Thief on the firstreads giveaway and I'd love to fit it in here so I can review it.

message 3: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Leigh Ann --
15.3 If you got Europe
15.4 Pair with a book that has 12 characters in the title
15.9 Any book fits

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments u could read it for the flip the coins/ book pages...fits 2 heads...find another book that is like 150 pages and fits a head/tail

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments Ok so I am trying to fit in this book. Water Song A Retelling of The Frog Prince (Once Upon a Time) by Suzanne Weyn Not really sure where it would fit. I might be able to rearrange some of my tasks but probably not to many now. I know it could fit 10.2 I Need A Drink task but I have Seven Up from the Stephanie Plum Series and can't think of another spot that it would fit really well. I want the Shipwrecked task. And the 15.9 Coin Collector I have the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (because I can't think of anywhere else to place them. So HELP PLEASE!!!!

message 6: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (christineus) | 572 comments 5.9, Comfort Read? It's a fairy tell retelling, I can see that being fun to cuddle up & read.

message 7: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Meghan - Do you have another book with 9 characters in the title (task 15.4)? It's also a very pretty cover, so you might use it for 5.6 if you don't already have something in there.

Also keep in mind that in a couple of days you're going to have 9 more 20 point tasks to play with and possibly a few more 25 point tasks. So don't panic yet ;o).

message 8: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Meghan -
* 5.4 If you didn't want to be named Emma or Suzanne.
* 5.6 It is a beautiful book cover!
* 5.10 Prince can be a name of a car
* 15.3 Did you get Europe? If so, this book fits.
* 15.10 Part I this one fits any of the tasks above, even 10.2, 15.9

message 9: by TeresaFL (new)

TeresaFL | 96 comments I need some help where to put Big Cherry Holler. It won't work for the city name challenge. I know I could pair it with a book with 15 characters in the name. Others?

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16194 comments Mod
TeresaFL wrote: "I need some help where to put Big Cherry Holler. It won't work for the city name challenge. I know I could pair it with a book with 15 characters in the name. Others?"

would you want to be named Adriana?
If you had a red car, might you name it "Cherry"?

Keep in mind that there are still tasks to come........

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments That's what I was going to say Sandy! There are more tasks...

message 12: by TeresaFL (new)

TeresaFL | 96 comments Sandy wrote: "TeresaFL wrote: "I need some help where to put Big Cherry Holler. It won't work for the city name challenge. I know I could pair it with a book with 15 characters in the name. Others?"..."

I'm thinking I'll need to wait and figure something out with the tasks that are coming. Although I might use it for the car challenge, that's a good idea. Thanks!

message 13: by Sarah (Mood Reader) (last edited Sep 07, 2010 06:32PM) (new)

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments Okay, does anyone know where I could put these or should I just add them to my pile!

The Blonde Theory- Kristin Harmel
The Teaser - Jan Brogan
The Underneath- Kathi Appelt
Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble - Sarah Webb

message 14: by JenniferD (new)

JenniferD (jooniperd) Atwood was born on 18 November 1939.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments sarah - could you link the books? it would be easier for us to help you out with this request...thanks!

message 16: by Neen (new)

Neen can someone help me fit Under the Dome been on my TBR for a long time and i'm reading it fitted or not! would just be nice to fit it in as it's a huge book going to take a while!

message 17: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 07, 2010 05:33PM) (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) Neen wrote: "can someone help me fit Under the Dome been on my TBR for a long time and i'm reading it fitted or not! would just be nice to fit it in as it's a huge book going to take a while!"

I'm using it for Task #20.1 - Bookmarks Magazine. It was reviewed by Bookmarks in their Jan/Feb 2010 issue. Here's the link...

http://www.bookmarksmagazine.com/book...

Hope this helps.

message 18: by Neen (new)

Neen That's great I didn't even notice it there, thank you =]

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments There I edited my post so it is linkable now :)

Sarah (Mood Reader) (bookworm1887) | 467 comments Also, I know Strength in What Remains: A Journey of Remembrance and Forgiveness fits somewhere but I'm not sure where.

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Paey | 20 comments Neen wrote: "can someone help me fit Under the Dome been on my TBR for a long time and i'm reading it fitted or not! would just be nice to fit it in as it's a huge book going to take a while!"

I'm reading this one too! I think it could fit under 15.10 second chances (Stephen King is born in Sept. so it could have fit in 5.7 Circle of Life) the only thing is, you would have to read a second book as well to complete this challenge. Hope this helps.

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments well, any of them you could use if you have another book with the same number of characters in the title for fall equinox...there are several page number ones required (I'm not sure how long any are)...do any of them fit your its in the cards?

Sarah (Mood Reader) wrote: "There I edited my post so it is linkable now :)"

message 23: by Alisha Marie (new)

Alisha Marie (endlesswonderofreading) | 107 comments So I received Horace Helfin's Holiday Home and I need to know where to fit it. Any ideas?

message 24: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 696 comments Alisha wrote: "So I received Horace Helfin's Holiday Home and I need to know where to fit it. Any ideas?"

Looks like 20.6 would work if you use your name 'Alisha'.

message 25: by Alisha Marie (new)

Alisha Marie (endlesswonderofreading) | 107 comments Thank you so much! I've barely glanced at the 20 point tasks because I want to finish a chunk of the books I've already listed before I add in the books for the later tasks.

message 26: by Pam (new)

Pam (pammylee76) | 51 comments I have 3 I'm not sure where (or if) they fit in... any help would be great!

The Surgeon - Tess Gerritsen
Uncharted TerriTORI - Tori Spelling
First Things First: The Rules of Being a Warner - Brenda & Kurt Warner

message 27: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments I used the surgeon for its in the cards...a GR AUthor and First in the series...depending on what you drew...

it has 10 letters - do you have another book with 10 letters you could use for the fall equinox?

message 28: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments The Surgeon-30.3, 30.1 (odd or ace or queen diamond, club or heart), 25.4 (2010 die 3), 20.4 (suspense/thriller movie), 15.10a, 15.9, 15.8b, 10.10 (Busy as a Bee group), 5.9
Uncharted TerriTORI-30.7b, 30.4 (die 3), 30.1 (even or queen diamond or heart), 25.4 (2010 die 2), 25.3c, 15.10a, 15.9, 10.1, 5.9
First Things First: The Rules of Being a Warner-30.7b, 30.5 (die 2), 30.3, 25.3c, 25.2a, 15.10a, 15.9, 5.9, 5.5

message 29: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. | 115 comments Ok my step-son needs to read this book for school and wants me to read it to so I can help him if he has any questions (ie. hoping I'll ease the work he has to do himself anyway) So I told him if I can fit it into one of my challenges I would read it. I'm not sure where it will fit, was thinking about the emancipation one but thought I would through it out to this post. The book is Black Like Me

Thank you in advance for your input!

message 30: by Pam (new)

Pam (pammylee76) | 51 comments Thanks Delicious Dee and Meghan! Now that some of those options have beeen pointed out, they are pretty clear to me! lol

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments it has a black and white cover...did you roll a 7 on the on the TV task? (a black and white cover and a cover with more than 4 colors...)

has it been a challenged book anywhere?

message 32: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. | 115 comments Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "it has a black and white cover...did you roll a 7 on the on the TV task? (a black and white cover and a cover with more than 4 colors...)

has it been a challenged book anywhere?"

Acutally I did roll a 1 and a 6 but picked books from 1 and 6 and didn't use the other option. I'll do some rearranging!

Thanks Dee!

message 33: by Krista (new)

Krista (kristac) | 78 comments The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks.

I've already got something lined up for the dice task.

message 34: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. | 115 comments Ok, I just found out about some local legend (I don't live more than 30 miles from this location) and just moving to the Nashville area I'm entrigued to read about it. So where could I fit this???? I'm thinking there isn't a place for it but maybe someone can help me.The Bell Witch: An American Haunting

message 35: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17859 comments Mod
Amanda B. wrote: "Ok, I just found out about some local legend (I don't live more than 30 miles from this location) and just moving to the Nashville area I'm entrigued to read about it. So where could I fit this???..."

since it is set in 1817- maybe 25.3 A- historical fiction

message 36: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. | 115 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Amanda B. wrote: "Ok, I just found out about some local legend (I don't live more than 30 miles from this location) and just moving to the Nashville area I'm entrigued to read about it. So where c..."

Possibly but the funny thing is I have another "Nashville" fiction book in that place The Doctor's Building. I might have to put that book aside for now :)

message 37: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments Amanda maybe

5.10- If you feel inclined to name your Bell or Witch
15.1- if you don't normally read horror
15.4- Either another 12 character or 31 character
15.10a- can use it with something elsecan be used for other tasks
20.4- If you like to watch scary movies
25.3- set in 1817
25.3 C- Short book
30.2-bell not really sure thinking bell tower or maybe the bells they attach to get the guys attention from the farm or something for lunchtime. You may want to ask Sheila on that one.
30.5- Die 1. I see that it has been shelved under paranormal you may want to ask Ms. Anderson.

message 38: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. | 115 comments Hmm thanks Meghan! I'm thinking 15.1 looks good, I have read horror before, however never something that is supernatural about actual true events that happened in history. Decisions, decisions!

p.s. I told my kids about it and they wanted to go tonight to get the book from the library so they could read it, I'm a little nervous about my 10 year old reading it before me, hope it doesn't scare her. However, she is notorious for picking up a book reading the first few pages and moving on to the next so I don't think she will get very far LOL :)

message 39: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot Krista wrote: "The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks.

I've already got something lined up for the dice task."

If I was using this one I would maybe look at:
5.9 Comfort Read
5.10 Name that Car (Guardian)
15.4 Fall Equinox-if the letters fit
15.9 Coin Collector
15.10 Second Chances
20.4 Plot line thickens
25.3 Daylight Savings part C(if page numbers fit)

message 40: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Paey | 20 comments I just finished My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler...is there any way to fit this in?

message 41: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments maybe 10.1 - they are short stories - IIRC

message 43: by Pinky_rocks (new)

Pinky_rocks | 68 comments I desperately want to fit The Book of Tomorrow into this challenge but I can't seem to find a spot for it? can anyone help?

message 44: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 1049 comments Pinky_rocks wrote: "I desperately want to fit The Book of Tomorrow into this challenge but I can't seem to find a spot for it? can anyone help?"

Cecelia Ahern was born on September 30th so that would fit for #15.1a. I am not sure what else it fits for, but that is an idea.

message 45: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7690 comments it fits the circle of life task (5.8 maybe?)

message 46: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments Lindsey wrote: "Any idea where I could fit It Gets Easier!: And Other Lies We Tell New Mothers?"

30.5 (die 2)
30.1 (even heart)
25.4 (2010 die 2)
25.3 (C)
25.2 (A)
20.4 If you like funny movies about a family with a newborn
15.10 (A)
15.9 (with other books
15.1 If you don't normally read help books
5.4 If you don't like Claudine

Hope that can help

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Anyone have any ideas for where I can fit Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist Let Me In? Thank you!

message 48: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (mamamunky) | 172 comments Well there's the obvious one, if you like books with vampires then it fits 20.4

message 49: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I found out I will be able to use it with the card task because it was a bestseller for an even year. This is my first, and will be my only vampire book. I am not a fan, although this read more like a stylish and smart mystery.

Thanks for giving me another idea!

message 50: by Deedee (last edited Nov 17, 2010 06:05AM) (new)

Deedee | 2110 comments Hello all - I'm reading Petty Magic: Being the Memoirs and Confessions of Miss Evelyn Harbinger, Temptress and Troublemaker. I've already claimed 25.3 - Sandy’s Task As Suggested by Katy: Daylight Savings and 25.4 - Lisa MD's Task: Stay Tuned For Your Regularly Scheduled Program and 30.1 It's In the Cards – and 30.5 Life Lessons –

I can fit it into 5.4 - I'm Glad My Mother Didn't Name Me... or 15.4 - FALL EQUINOX or 15.9 - COIN COLLECTOR! . However, I'd like to find a way to fit it into 20.2 Karen GHHS’s Task (Rookie on Top) – Music Tells the Story or 20.4 Mrs. Soule’s Task (Author! Author!) - The Plot Line Thickens: . So far, the story is told first person by a 149 year old witch. The witches in this story have a problem similiar to the witches in Practical Magic (the movie version) with regards to the men in their lives being unable to stay. And, like the witches in the musical "Wicked", our heroine is fighter against an oppressive regime -- granted, the oppressive regime is Nazi Germany, and this part of her story is told in flashback, but still ..... As I am reading this book I'm thinking that maybe I can slot it into one of my unused 20 point tasks. Any comments will be appreciated!
Thanks!

« previous 1