Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Book Lists by Author > Vannetta Chapman

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Nov 24, 2010 01:41PM) (new)

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I just got a copy of this to review, I'll let you know what I think about it soon!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Okay, I'm now halfway through this book and it is excellent! I'll post when I've written the review, but so far I'd definitely say it's one for Christmas wishlists :)

message 4: by Diane U (last edited Aug 25, 2010 11:02AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I've got this one too! Ahhh, I need more time to read and less time at work! LOL!

Wow, Vannetta actually left me a comment on my blog today when I wrote about Net Galley. Check it out here:

http://uselesscrafts.blogspot.com/201...

That was so nice of her! I found her blog and told her about our group here so maybe she will show up some day!

message 5: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2010 01:46PM) (new)

Rachel Brand That's lovely of her to comment on your blog - I was planning on leaving a message once I finished her book with a link to the review. Her blog is fascinating and I'll definitely be following it from now on. On another note, I'm also following Amy Clipston on Twitter and she just retweeted something I said to her - I feel special! It's nice to know that authors appreciate their readers.

Also, I'm now following your blog! I'm the-compulsive-reader.

message 6: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Thanks Rachel for following my blog. I'm off to follow yours after this message. My blog is 98% craft related - cards, scrapbook pages and quilts. I am now going to start including reviews of books that I have finished reading just for some variety. I know plenty of crafters who also are addicting to reading so it should be well received.

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 81 comments Thanks Rachel and Diane for following my blog, I am now following both of you and look forward to reading some of your reviews. I think I am going to have to head over to Netgalley and download A Simple Amish Christmas.

message 8: by Diane U (last edited Aug 27, 2010 07:33AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments You are more than welcome Brenda! I am always looking for new reading suggestions. Since we already have some reading similarities I bet I will like some of the other books that both of you are reading.

Rachel, great review on A Simple Christmas today! It's next on my list for sure!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Thanks Diane! Here's the link to my review if anyone else is interested: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... I really enjoyed it, was totally taken by surprise as the synopsis didn't give away a lot about the story.

And yes, hopefully I'll get some more book recommendations from you guys.

message 10: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Here is my review of this book.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/81...

I simply loved it! Thanks so much Vanetta for writing such an enjoyable novel!!! :)

message 11: by Lorie (last edited Oct 23, 2010 07:23PM) (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Vannetta left a comment on my blog too and said that yes there is going to be a sequel that will be more about Rachel and will pick back up on the store. I'm so excited I LOVED her book and can't wait to read the next one!