Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Paranormal Romance > Paranormal Chick-lit

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I thought it would be fun to list some of the more light-hearted paranormal chick-lit books that we read. I know Danielle has suggested the "palate cleanser" to get out of the reading slump. I find that a good paranormal chick-lit novel is the perfect palate cleanser for me. Feel free to post your suggestions in this thread. Thanks!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Titles that I'd recommend for a more light-hearted and humorous paranormal read, right off the top of my head are:

Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson and Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Thanks Yz!

message 6: by Diane ~Firefly~ (last edited Aug 22, 2010 07:27AM) (new)

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Thanks Kelley and Diane. I'm already seeing that there's way more paranormal chick lit that I thought.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Has anyone read Witch in the House by Jenna McKnight ?

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Hum, thanks Diane. You actually listed ONE series that I didn't know about. Off to check PBS and other sources.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I read it Michelle. I'm HOPING its the start of a new series, since I do like Jenna McKnight. I gave the book 5 stars. It read to me more like a "first in series" than a stand alone.

message 11: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 51 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Hum, thanks Diane. You actually listed ONE series that I didn't know about. Off to check PBS and other sources."

Glad to help. I'm guessing it was the Kristine Grayson?

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Yes, Kristine Grayson. I'm just sitting and waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the first one to come in from PBS. Money's a tad tight right now, and I have a bunch of credits from there, so I figured I might as well use it. Even if I DO have to wait longer for it to get here.

message 13: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 51 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Yes, Kristine Grayson. I'm just sitting and waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the first one to come in from PBS. Money's a tad tight right now, and I have a bunch of credits from there, so I ..."

I hope you enjoy it. :)

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I think Cara Lockwood's Demon series may fall into this category.

Every Demon Has His Day (Demon, #1) by Cara Lockwood Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks (Demon, #2) by Cara Lockwood

message 15: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 51 comments ✿Michelle✿ wrote: "I think Cara Lockwood's Demon series may fall into this category.

Every Demon Has His Day (Demon, #1) by Cara LockwoodCan't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks (Demon, #2) by Cara Lockwood"

They are humorous and light, so I don't see why they wouldn't. I really liked the idea of the demon's each belonging to a 7 deadly sin group and that shaping the major aspects of their personality.

message 16: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) Sam Cheever's Tweener series might be a contender here.
'Tween Heaven and Hell (Dancin' With the Devil, #1) by Sam Cheever

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Has anyone read any books by Molly Harper ? I bought a copy of How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper the other day. I think I'm overdue for a light hearted, easy read.