J-Rock discussion

Bands > X JAPAN

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

WHY DIDN'T I HAVE AN X JAPAN TOPIC HERE?
They are now my favorite band of all time. I have heard all their songs, and they are all my favorite song.
RIP hide...
Yeah.
X Japan.

Toshi - Vocals
Yoshiki - Drums/Piano
Pata - Guitar
HEATH - Bass
Sugizo - Guitar/Violin

Taiji was their former bassist, and hide (a.k.a. GOD) was their former guitarist. He died in 1998, either a suicide or an accident, the world will never know. As for Taiji, he quit the band after they got too popular.

X Japan are credited with inventing Visual Kei.
The cover of their second album (Blue Blood) gave them the name: Psychadelic Violence Crime of Visual Shock.
The band were originally called X, but changed the name to X Japan when they gained popularity and discovered two other bands by the name of X. (In America and Australia)
In 1996, they broke up due to Toshi deciding he liked a cult better than listening to God play guitar with him every day, so he left. Yoshiki and hide wanted to reform the band in 2000.
Two years later, hide died, and Yoshiki blamed himself for it. He exiled himself to L.A. and formed a band called Violet UK, wrote the theme music to Repo! The Genetic Opera, and stuff.
In 2007, X Japan returned unannounced to record the ending theme to Saw IV, cleverly named I.V.
It was announced that the band would be touring together again, and maybe releasing some new music.
They played at Lollapalooza 2010, and are currently preparing for their takeover of the United States.

WE ARE X!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

X JAPAN, original lineup.
From left to right:
Pata
Toshi
Yoshiki
hide
Taiji

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

X JAPAN, 2007 lineup. (Without Sugizo, no lead guitar.)
Left to right:
Pata
Toshi
Yoshiki
HEATH

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 21, 2010 05:26AM) (new)

They were so cool....
Other than Yoshiki, Toshi, and hide, I can't tell who's who in that one. Before Taiji and Pata abandoned the fountain hair. I assume Pata is the pink haired one, an Taiji is in the front. The back with the X shaped hair is Yoshiki, middle is Toshi, peeking out from behind him is hide.

message 5: by Jackal (new)

Jackal (jackalest) X Japan IS the fucking bomb. I just saw one of their US concerts, in Seattle. Second time seeing them. And I hope to see them again. I love them so fucking much! It's totally bittersweet with hide not here, but as I think, it feels to me like hide is more alive now that X Japan is alive again. :) Like Yoshiki said at the concert, hide still plays with them in spirit. <3

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

You saw them twice? Lucky. I just heard they planned a world tour for 2011, I hope to see them then.

message 7: by mazohyst (new)

mazohyst I honestly envy anyone who has seen X-Japan live! ;__; They seem amazing live (from the YouTube videos I've seen anyway).

My favourite album is Dahlia... And my favourite members are hide and Toshi! Toshi really doesn't get the credit he deserves. =P

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Edel wrote: "I honestly envy anyone who has seen X-Japan live! ;__; They seem amazing live (from the YouTube videos I've seen anyway).

My favourite album is Dahlia... And my favourite members are hide and Tosh..."

They ARE amazing live... I can't wait until 2011... I just wish hide had never died, they would be a thousand times better now. Not that Sugizo is bad, and I love the violin, but hide was the best. You're right when you say Toshi deserves more credit, but I can't help but be angry at him... He will forever be the man who killed X Japan in my mind, no matter how amazing his singing is. Of course, Pata and Heath have less recognition than Toshi, but they haven't contributed much other than being the guys that play the instruments that hide couldn't play at the same time. But Pata's "White Wind From Mr. Martin" was pretty cool.

message 9: by mazohyst (new)

mazohyst Justin wrote: "Edel wrote: "I honestly envy anyone who has seen X-Japan live! ;__; They seem amazing live (from the YouTube videos I've seen anyway).

My favourite album is Dahlia... And my favourite members are ..."

I must agree with you. I feel horrible for saying this but not only do I think Toshi killed X-Japan, but I think he somehow indirectly killed hide as well. Toshi must feels regret and a whole tons of guilt.

I love hide very much. I really wish he never died. ;__; Without him, X-Japan will never be the same again, no matter how hard Yoshiki tries to revive it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Edel wrote: "Justin wrote: "Edel wrote: "I honestly envy anyone who has seen X-Japan live! ;__; They seem amazing live (from the YouTube videos I've seen anyway).

My favourite album is Dahlia... And my favouri..."

Actually, as I was typing that, I almost said he killed hide too... hide died while alone after a show with Spread Beaver... If X Japan had never split, Yoshiki wouldn't have been in L.A, and hide wouldn't have been alone...
Also, unrelated, the world would never have been introduced to T-Earth... God I hate T-Earth...