Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Dr Right

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments Did anyone notice the dedication in this book yet.

Thanks Janet. When I read it I was saying That includes me! not that anyone was here to hear it but it did make me feel special.

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy my copy is on the way, but what does it say?

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments Judy, she dedicated it to her friends in our Love Inspired Historicals group. It was very nice of her. Thanks, Janet! I'm about halfway through right now and I am really enjoying it.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks Janet :-)

Hope it comes so I can take it to the mountains with me.
Jerry & I are going into Prescott for a few days to celebrate his birthday. The West Valley of Phoenix is hot but within 2 hours we can be in cooler mountain areas. Although I was rear ended to day so we have to see if I am too sore to go :-(

Sorry way off topic- although the book has to do with a DR!

message 5: by JanetTronstad (last edited Aug 21, 2010 12:12PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Ausjenny -- glad it made you feel special because you are. I am amazed at how close I can feel to on-line friends I have never met.

Same goes to Judy and Barbara --

At first, I was going to list people by name, but I know some people don't like their names out there (even though I wouldn't have used last names). I finally decided though that you will all know who you are.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy I really hope it comes today so I can take it with me.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Ausjenny -- glad it made you feel special because you are. I am amazed at how close I can feel to on-line friends I have never met.

Same goes to Judy and Barbara --

At first, I was going to..."

Janet, you are the sweetest lady! I am always so proud when I go to get my books that I can tell those I go with that I have talked on line with the author. It's especially nice to be able to tell them how great all of you are as people, as well as authors :)

Thanks for letting me know about the dedication Ausjenny :) I don't know if it includes me, since I don't read much LI, more LIH, but Janet I read the LIH books of yours :) Oh, and I tried one of the LI books this month, and I actually liked it! I found out I like books about modern day cowboys who are like knights in shining armor, so it fit the bill for me ;) It was called The Cowboy's Sweetheart. I will have to read one of yours about a cowboy. I can't do doctors, or the military, too sad for me :( Sorry! Which one would you recommend, since I am on an streak for trying LI books :) Oh, I also like books that involve a wedding in an unconventional way :) So if you have any of those that would be great too. Anything light, sweet, but with great characters and interesting twists, but it must have a happy ending of course, lol :) Sorry I don't know many of your modern books. I know I could look them up, but I would prefer your recommendations, as I know you know me and what I like :) Hope you don't mind me asking you :)

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy Heidi- You may want to get a hold of Janet's book

Going to The Chapel

it is very light. And it does have to do with weddings only the gal works at a mortuary.

I still laugh when I think of one part- they are at a revival in a huge stadium. The girl is trying to ignore anything to do with God. She thinks of how Judy Garland once performed here. She looks around her at the group of gothic dressed kids with odd clothes and piercings and such.

To keep her mind off of hearing the preacher she things to herself "I wonder what Judy Garland would make of these kids" meaning the gothic ones (and maybe not in those words). Anyway it is a funny book.

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments Janet I think you did it the right way cos the other issue would be if you left a name of by accident. This way all here at LIH know its for us.

Heidi, I find that there isn't alot different from historical to contemporary as they both follow a similar formula these books. Especially the ones set in the country etc. There is as much sadness in a historical even more quite often than in a contemporary.
These books are meant to be a light read but have great storylines.
I think you would like Janet's books as they are based in a small country town.

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

Heidi -- of course the dedication includes you!! You're one of my buds here and it's not just for LI readers. I would suggest you try one of my Dry Creek books -- if you want a cowboy hero maybe Stranded in Dry Creek (which is out of print so might be hard to find). Actually though most of my heros seems like cowboys even if they do something else for a living so go ahead and try any that you can find.

message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy You have the one with the ex-rodeo guy.

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yeah, Judy, that's the Stranded in Dry Creek one.

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy Figured so.

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yeah, he's not only an rodeo rider (ex), he's also a tender-hearted hero.

message 15: by Judy (new)

Judy and good looking of course :-)

And the woman has 2 kids?

Oh dear, pretty soon I"m going to be collecting them all over again to read

message 16: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, it occurred to me I should repeat the dedication for those who don't have the book in front of them --

For my Dr. Right book --

'This book is dedicated to my friends in the Love Inspired Historical discussion group on Goodreads. We've taken many exotic trips together in our minds and I hope they'll love this one to Alaska, too.'

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

Judy -- that's the one!! I really think Heidi would like that one so I hope she can find it. If anyone has an ebook reader, my titles are now awalable in ebook format (all of them! Harlequin just formatted my older titles this month for ebook) --

message 18: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, it occurred to me I should repeat the dedication for those who don't have the book in front of them --

For my Dr. Right book --

'This book is dedicated to my friends in the Love Inspired..."

What a beautiful dedication Janet! Thank you so much for including us all :)! We've loved traveling with you in our minds too my friend :) Thanks for the recommendations. I am going to try your Dry Creek Series as suggested :) I will have to browse through them on Amazon, that way maybe I can find even the older ones!

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments Janet, I just saw the dedication. I'm not sure why I didn't see it before. I guess because seeing it now made my heart smile! You're wonderful and I'm enjoying Dr. Right!

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments Janet, I almost copied the dedication word for word in my earlier post, but I know some people don't like to have their work quoted without being asked, so I didn't. I didn't figure you would probably care, but better safe than sorry!LOL I'm glad you were the one who got to post the actual wording.:) I loved the book!

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I was looking through the Dry Creek books, and A Baby A Baby for Dry Creek looks as if it is right up my alley! I think I will try and get that one :) Some of the others have FBI agents, the police, or some kind of danger involved, and no offense Janet, but I just need a little lighter fare than that. You know me, I like the fluffy stuff, lol. I don't even read the historicals where they are about sheriffs, or people in jail, stuff like that. I have nothing against the police, but criminals, and what the police have to deal with just isn't for me. It's the same with doctors. I don't like medical information, or hearing about people in hospitals. It all just seems so sad! I can see where they would be fun to write though :) I like the sorts of twists in books that A Baby for Dry Creek has in it best. I will start with that one, and then see which of the others I can find that are similar :)

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy You will want to read A Hero for Dry Creek as its connected to A Baby for Dry Creek. They are stand alone books but if you read Hero you will see what I mean when reading Baby.

I see alot of these books in local thrift stores and would be willing to keep my eye out for them I mostly do the .25 or .50 cent books. And would only charge for the cost of the book and S&H.

message 23: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Judy wrote: "You will want to read A Hero for Dry Creek as its connected to A Baby for Dry Creek. They are stand alone books but if you read Hero you will see what I mean when reading Baby.

I see alot of these..."

I really appreciate the offer Judy, but Amazon has them starting at .01 cent and then media rate shipping, which is pretty cheap, and I can get them right away! :) But you are so sweet to offer that! Thank you for your kindness :)

message 24: by JanetTronstad (new)

Judy wrote: "Thanks Janet :-)

Hope it comes so I can take it to the mountains with me.
Jerry & I are going into Prescott for a few days to celebrate his birthday. The West Valley of Phoenix is hot but within 2..."

Judy -- the book should have gotten to you. I mailed it the same time I mailed another package though and that hasn't arrived either. But I mailed them both before I left Pasadena (the 10th I think) --

message 25: by Judy (new)

Judy I did not win won from you Janet :-(

I was just getting back from vacation when it started and the 8 books were already spoken for.

I am getting a copy though. It will just have to wait to be read until next week, along with Allie Pleiter's newest book.

message 26: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Janet I think you did it the right way cos the other issue would be if you left a name of by accident. This way all here at LIH know its for us.

Heidi, I find that there isn't alot different from..."

Thanks Jenny, I hear what your saying. I'm sorry to be such a picky gal, but I just find certain types of sorrow I can take, and others I can't. Wars, police drama, doctor' issues, all of those people or things, just deal with the saddest, and worst elements in our world, so it is harder for me to deal with than say a 'regular' human dilema, or hardship. I can even deal with some illness, if it is not overly descriptive or there is not an overwhelming amount of it. I think that is why I like the idea of A Baby for Dry Creek. The dilema is a human one, one of morality, or a spirital dilemma. I don't read many of the historicals for the same reasons. I know all of this may sound a bit shallow to some, but reading is my great escape, and when I escape, I really want to escape :) I hope that explains it a bit more :)

message 27: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Judy wrote: "Heidi- You may want to get a hold of Janet's book

Going to The Chapel

it is very light. And it does have to do with weddings only the gal works at a mortuary.

I still laugh when I think of one p..."

Lol, that is pretty funny, but I could never think of a mortuary without getting the creeps! Thanks for thinking of me though :) I love wedding books, especially ones without all of the elements I mentioned and with all of the fluff, or at least drama that I can handle ;)

message 28: by JanetTronstad (new)

Judy wrote: "I did not win won from you Janet :-(

I was just getting back from vacation when it started and the 8 books were already spoken for.

I am getting a copy though. It will just have to wait to be rea..."

Oh, Judy, I thought you one of the ones I did send a copy to! We'll have to get you next time.

message 29: by JanetTronstad (new)

Heidi -- I can see why you like to make sure you're really escaping when you read. I agree that life can sometimes be grim and one doesn't need to read about it in one's spare time as well.

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- I can see why you like to make sure you're really escaping when you read. I agree that life can sometimes be grim and one doesn't need to read about it in one's spare time as well."

Janet, you are so kind and understanding, thank you! Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from :)

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments YAY for dedications! It made me smile when I read it. Still haven't read the book cause I wanted to read them in order and just got Terri's book so I am reading it right now and then yours is next.

Heidi- you will like A Baby For Dry Creek.

message 32: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments I finished the book last night and really loved it.

message 33: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ah, thanks, Ausjenny!!!

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments I dont want to comment much about the book cos i dont like to give things away.

message 35: by JanetTronstad (new)

Good point, Ausjenny. I don't like to know too much about a book before I read it either.

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I dont want to comment much about the book cos i dont like to give things away."

Much thanks to you! I know I will love it since it's Janet's book, but I hate when people ruin it for me!

message 37: by JanetTronstad (new)

I guess I shouldn't mention that there is an elephant in the book and a lion trainer??? :)))) (joking)

message 38: by JanetTronstad (new)

I've got to tell everyone the joke my Montana sister told me when I gave her a copy of the book -- it seems there was this young bride who said she had married Mr. Right and it wasn't until after the honeymoon that she realized his first name was Always -- Mr. Always Right.

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "I guess I shouldn't mention that there is an elephant in the book and a lion trainer??? :)))) (joking)"

Ah hahahaha!

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "I've got to tell everyone the joke my Montana sister told me when I gave her a copy of the book -- it seems there was this young bride who said she had married Mr. Right and it wasn't until after t..."

lol Oh no! That's too funny.

message 41: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments Oh Janet that is so funny.

Janet im so glad you didn't mention the runaway panda either.

Even when I do reviews I try not to say to much about the story. Its hard cos sometimes things really touch me in a book or I really want to share something but I dont want to spoil it for someone. It can hamper a review but I would rather it be hampered than give it away.

message 42: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Jennifer wrote: "YAY for dedications! It made me smile when I read it. Still haven't read the book cause I wanted to read them in order and just got Terri's book so I am reading it right now and then yours is next...."

Thanks Jennifer for the positive review :) I'm looking forward to getting it in a couple of paydays! :)

message 43: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Janet, how sweet of you to dedicate the book to our friends here. This is a special group--fun and welcoming. I only check in once a day, but this group always makes me smile. Thanks!

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Heidi wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "YAY for dedications! It made me smile when I read it. Still haven't read the book cause I wanted to read them in order and just got Terri's book so I am reading it right now and th..."

no prob!

message 45: by Judy (new)

Judy Just finished reading Doctor Right. Another great writing job, Janet.

I had tears in my eyes alot but in good ways.

I enjoyed meeting Rocco and hope he reappears in some of the other books.

message 46: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Judy -- I'm not sure how it works with continuities, but I don't think I can do another book with a character in the continuity I wrote.

message 47: by Judy (new)

Judy I think people really do overly pamper those who are disabled. My sister was telling me of gal she knows where her brothers don't help her get around. She has MS I believe and she is quite able to do things for herself because they allowed her to.

Now to patiently wait for the next Treasure Creek book :-)

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments I am hoping the final book has a little wrap up of the where the others are.
ie katie is now married to arron
sally is married with a child to chuck
etc!

notice I changed names to protect the innocent!

I am sure when the book hits the shelves (not sure of the date) it will fly of them!

I am hoping to do an order in Sept to get the second one but may now wait till Oct to get the second and 4th book in this series. Of couse If I wait til the end of Oct a couple may make it here!

message 49: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ausjenny -- Linda Goodnight has the final book in the Treasure Creek series and I know she was writing a bit about all the characters at the end because she asked for our input. So, something to look forward to --

message 50: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4946 comments Oh thats good I know in novella's this often will happen with a wrap up.

« previous 1