Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Julie Lessman > A Hope Undaunted

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
Each man will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert 
and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land. Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen.

Isaiah 32:2-3

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 4 comments Can't believe in only 11 days, AHU coming out!!! WOOHOO!!;D

message 3: by Margaret (new)

I'm with you there!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 4 comments Did you sign up with Revell, to do a review of AUH?

message 5: by Margaret (new)

I did, but I'm also one of Julie's earliest readers... from the very beginning of The Daughter's of Boston. So I would have pre-ordered it in a heartbeat if I were not reviewing it. :)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 4 comments That's great that you were there from the very first book, I know what you mean about pre-ording. I was about to, when Donna sent out the AHU review tour invitation.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

*grin*

message 8: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 15 comments I pre-ordered mine. :o)

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 313 comments I need to order mine!

message 10: by Margaret (new)

So what did you think??

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 4 comments Loved it!

message 12: by Margaret (new)

:)

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 13 comments Oh gosh! I completely forgot about this tonight and I even saw the reminder the other day! Too much stress this week for me I guess!! :-P Well I really enjoyed it and I'm really excited for the next one! I'm wondering when the Patrick and Marcy prequel will be released?

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 4 comments A Patrick and Marcy prequel would be so great!

message 15: by Renee (new)

Renee (steelergirl83) | 13 comments :-)

message 16: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 15 comments I loved it and look forward to everything from Julie.

message 17: by Ashley (last edited Sep 30, 2010 09:55PM) (new)

Ashley | 4 comments I so wanted to be apart of the discussion, but I was out of town and missed it. But, hopefully I can still hop in here real quick.

Michelle wrote: "A Patrick and Marcy prequel would be so great!"

I so agree. I LOVE Patrick and Marcy and I think a book of their own would be perfect. Since APMP, M&P have been my favorite fictional parents. ad I'm just dying to read their story. I think Julie said it would be coming out (if they gave her the "go ahead" to write it, that is) around Christmas. Wouldn't that be the perfect holiday read?

message 18: by Margaret (new)

Oh my goodness, yes it would!

message 19: by Julie (new)

Julie (goodreadscomjulie_lessman) | 13 comments Thanks, guys, for the vote of confidence on the Marcy and Patrick prequel, but the Christmas story idea I had for it went by the wayside with my publisher. They were interested in it, but didn't want to publish it till about 2014 or so, so my agent and I pulled it off the table. My intention is to go ahead and write it as a stand-alone and not as a Christmas book, although it will revolve around Christmas somewhat. I am VERY excited about it and am grateful you are too. I plan to get a leg up on book 3 of the "Winds of Change" series (Steven's story), of which I have about 45 pages written so far, hopefully getting that finished early next year, then crank like crazy on a proposal for another 3-book series before diving into the M&P prequel. The prequel is only going to be about 300 to 350 pages max, so I think (I hope) I can knock that out fairly quickly. I mean, after all, I wrote A Passion Redeemed (almost 500 pages) in two months, working at my day job part-time, so I'm hoping ... :)

Hugs,
Julie

message 20: by Margaret (new)

:)