You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Today's Issues > Near Ground Zero Mosque

Comments Showing 1-50 of 269 (269 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Why does it matter??

message 2: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments no they should not im sorry if it offends anyone but just no they should build a memorial to all the lives lost their if anything

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments They should have the right to build it. I think whether it is right or not depends on their intentions and reasons for building it. However, since I cannot read minds, I don't know what their reasons and intentions are for sure. I do think that someone there needs to take some intensive public relations courses, though.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Cody wrote: "no they should not im sorry if it offends anyone but just no they should build a memorial to all the lives lost their if anything"

There is a memorial being built.

message 5: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Cody wrote: "no they should not im sorry if it offends anyone but just no they should build a memorial to all the lives lost their if anything"

There is a memorial being built."

I did not know that good either way thats all that should be their

message 6: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (last edited Aug 20, 2010 01:04PM) (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 963 comments Apparently, it's not going to be soley a mosque. It will be "a community center, much like the YMCA or the Jewish Community Center... where people from any faith are allowed ot use the facilities. Beyond havi...ng a gym, the Cordoba House will house a pool, resteraunt, 500-person auditorum, 9/11 memorial, multifaith chapel, office and conference space, and prayer space". It will be a couple blocks from Ground Zero. There will also be a memorial built on Ground Zero that is completely unrelated to the Cordoba House.

message 7: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments hmmmm they should just get rid of the religious part of it and it would be just fine

message 8: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Sorry.........but there wouldn't be a controversy if someone built a church by where the abortion bombing happened. It's all hypocritical.

message 9: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments yeah but still

message 10: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments that's what I am saying

message 11: by Rayna, Learn to ignore those who dont matter. (new)

Rayna | 212 comments Mod
Yeah, the place should be built. It's a nice gesture and there's nothing wrong with it.

message 12: by ♥Jenny♥, Those who give happiness, deserve happiness. (new)

♥Jenny♥ | 138 comments Mod
Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "They should have the right to build it. I think whether it is right or not depends on their intentions and reasons for building it. However, since I cannot read minds, I don't know what their rea..."

Yeah, I agree with you Rachel. I don't understand why it's such a big deal, it's a building NEAR ground zero. Not right smack on top of it. It's not that big of a deal, I think that their reasons for building it are pretty cool too. I think it's fine.

message 13: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments Bad idea Mr. Obama

message 14: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments hmmm can imagine there will be protests but at first i did not realize that it was going to be near ground zero I though it was at it for some reason so i really dont care at all

message 15: by Daisy (new)

Daisy It's NEAR not ON ground Zero

message 16: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments yeah i realize that now so really i dont care if they build it there are just going to be some protesters

message 17: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Sara wrote: "Bad idea Mr. Obama"

why????

message 18: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments I live in the south and know lots of people who didn't like Obama already and now he's gone and said this and some good ol boy is gonna get mad and... oooo... bad idea!!!!!!

message 19: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Cody wrote: "yeah i realize that now so really i dont care if they build it there are just going to be some protesters"

There's always protesters! GAWD! Someday someone is going to protest building a library!

message 20: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Sara wrote: "I live in the south and know lots of people who didn't like Obama already and now he's gone and said this and some good ol boy is gonna get mad and... oooo... bad idea!!!!!!"

I live in the south to......and your point is????

message 21: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments didnt i say i dont care i was just stating a fact

message 22: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments Not talking about protesting!!! Any of y'a'' ever live in the south?

message 23: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments *y'all

message 24: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments I stay in NC for thanksgiving and go down for a month in june every year for the past 3 years

message 25: by Daisy (new)

Daisy G4B does...I don't....never will...I hate the word ya'll...I don't know why but I do!

message 26: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments I love the south im moving down there once im older

message 27: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments Well that's the word I use most you dang yankee just kidding ; ) I live in NC... But my family is from TN

message 28: by Daisy (new)

Daisy technically it should be you'll not ya'll

message 29: by Daisy (new)

Daisy but I hate it!

message 30: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments I like it doubt i will ever say it though

message 31: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments you'll is you will and and y'all is you all... totally different...

message 32: by Daisy (new)

Daisy I will never move to the south...

message 33: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments Sara is correct

message 34: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments Yay!!!! I know the language of my people y'all!!!!! Thanks Cody! (woah to many !!!!!) WELL WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE ANYWAYS YOU DANG YANKEE!!!!!! (again with the !!!!!!!) Just kidding... Come on down a visit me... My door is always open... We'll go for a ride on my big green tractor... just kidding I don't have a big green tractor... But I do have 4 horses we can ride!!!!!!

message 35: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments cool horses have you ever been to lexington NC

message 36: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments I live in the country...

message 37: by Daisy (new)

Daisy What's scary is I know the song you're talking about.

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments I'm never going south. *Shudder* I'm getting out of the U.S. as fast as possible.

message 39: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments ok lol

message 40: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments HA HA!!!!!!! Yes Cody... I have... Why, pray tell do you ask?

message 41: by Daisy (new)

Daisy AIR UNDERSTANDS!!!

message 42: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments yeah how come!!!!!!??????????? The south is awesome!

message 43: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Cause I hate farms (I don't even like the rural parts of MY own state. Or my states political veiws...I'd rather move to Oregon), and ranches, and the word y'all.

message 44: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments Sara wrote: "HA HA!!!!!!! Yes Cody... I have... Why, pray tell do you ask?"

just curiosity when i go to NC i go done near that area and i love the area personally

message 45: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments Okay... I didn't mean to say you were a weirdo crazy person... I was just wondering... I could never be in the city for too long...

message 46: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Hαlєy wrote: "Air wrote: "I'm never going south. *Shudder* I'm getting out of the U.S. as fast as possible."

Hahahha! How come???"

I'm sorry, but the U.S. is honestly full of idiots.

message 47: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments Sara wrote: "Okay... I didn't mean to say you were a weirdo crazy person... I was just wondering... I could never be in the city for too long..."

lol its ok

message 48: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) | 515 comments ... Is there anywhere that isn't?

message 49: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 441 comments lol

message 50: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1422 comments Hαlєy wrote: "Air wrote: "Hαlєy wrote: "Air wrote: "I'm never going south. *Shudder* I'm getting out of the U.S. as fast as possible."

Hahahha! How come???"

I'm sorry, but the U.S. is honestly full of id..."

Yup. Most politician's are idiots, the teenagers are idiots, I need to get out of this country. It's smothering my soul. I need to get to France, or Japan, preferably Japan.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6