Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Howard's Heroes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I thought we needed a place to discuss those yummy heroes that Ms Howard has graciously written for us.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) After all these years, Wolf Mackenzie is still my #1 Linda Howard hero. But, last year I read Cry No More, and I found and fell in love with James Diaz. :)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Both are 2 of my fave heroes (sigh)

I also really liked Sam and Jack from Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard and Open Season by Linda Howard

And John Medina was definitely a worthy hero :)

message 4: by Norma (new)

Norma | 22 comments How do you pick just one? Sam, Jack Russo, John Medina, James Diaz, Richard Worth, Eric Wilder and what's his name from White Lies. Oh no! I've forgotten his name! LOL Oh and Grant Sullivan and Kell Sabin, Wolf and all his kids (except Joe--didn't like his book). Hmm. That should cover my favorites!

message 5: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) | 598 comments Norma
Good question,I think most of them are my favs too.

message 6: by Amar (new)

Amar | 9 comments Good choices Norma...I'm pretty sure the White Lies hero was Lucas.

I think John Medina tops my list of all time favorite LH heroes!

message 7: by Norma (new)

Norma | 22 comments Lucas Swain! Thank you Kathy Anne!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 1 comments OH Dane from Dream Man by Linda Howard
He can serve & protect me anytime!:)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Sandi wrote: "OH Dane from Dream Man by Linda Howard
He can serve & protect me anytime!:)"

Yep, I agree!

message 10: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 16 comments Well it looks like I might have to fight Lady Danielle over James Diaz.lol He's been my favorite hero for years. =)

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Excuse me, Noelle, James belongs to ME! lol

message 12: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 16 comments I guess we're going to have to have a throw down because I don't share! LOL

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) hmmmm, he'd be worth it, though.

message 14: by Amar (new)

Amar | 9 comments Hmm, nobody wants Simon from Death Angel? Sure he'd have some baggage but remember the balcony scene?? Sexy!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) Oh, I missed the tussle over James. I stole him while you weren't looking. :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I will take Simon. And yes, the balcony scene! Wow! Plus, even with his baggage he still was sexy and caring.........

message 17: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 85 comments I'm torn! I can't pick just one. LH can write some dreamy heroes!

message 18: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Jun 14, 2011 10:14AM) (new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Sam from Mr Perfect and Diaz from Cry No More...love them both!!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kell and Medina!! So sexy, dangerous and winning!!! Real heroes.
I also loved Simon and Diaz. Wolf is amazing, but his story wasn't as sexy, poor baby...lol. Perhaps I'm the lone wolf here, but Wyatt was pretty yummy. When he scoops Blair off the beach......yep! Dane, Rafferty..... Too many to choose from. Medina is my top guy though!

message 20: by Amar (new)

Amar | 9 comments Siobhan, I hear you, Medina all the way for me too! And yep, Wyatt is up there too even though he has to put up with Blair :-)

message 21: by Elayne (new)

Elayne (elaynet) | 114 comments John Medina and all the Mac men..especially Zane..and Diaz..yummy!!

message 22: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) John Medina is my favorite of Howard's heroes and one of my fav's or all time!

message 23: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) | 598 comments Medina,
Yes,Yes,Yes

He is also my all time fav ,and has been since I first read him about 11 yrs ago

message 24: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 11 comments Gray from After the Night

Wyatt from To Die For and Drop Dead Gorgeous

Cam from Up Close and Dangerous

Webb from Shades Of Twilight

Oh, did you say just ONE? :-)

message 25: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) Sigh! Medina stays on my reread shelf!

message 26: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 11 comments Shelly wrote: "Sigh! Medina stays on my reread shelf!"

Why is it that I just didn't get that into John Medina? I mean he's totally dishy and I really enjoyed his story, All the Queen's Men, and his HEA...but, I don't know. I feel a re-read coming on.

message 27: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:54PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 11 comments Which hero put the condom on BEFORE he started dancing with the heroine? I can't remember his name. I know it was a Medina-related book. I'm too lazy to go look for it in iTunes...oh, hold on...

Kill and Tell (John Medina, #1) by Linda Howard

Ah, jeez, then there's our physically and psychologically broken hero who gets A LOT OF TLC from the psychologically broken (but drop dead gypsy gorgeous, of course) heroine:

Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard

message 28: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 11 comments BamaGal (Naysa) wrote: "It was Marc Chastain in Kill and Tell. I can't believe I actually remember that..."

Oh, I can. ;-)

message 29: by Elayne (new)

Elayne (elaynet) | 114 comments Me too..at the time I was reading it, I found it quite sexy that he was aroused all that time..wow..now I think ewww! how planned was that!!!

message 30: by Robinah (new)

Robinah | 15 comments mmmm Heroes they are all pretty great but i'll say Marc Chastain is a keeper and Simon from DA.What about Joe Mackenzie, to die for!

message 31: by Elayne (new)

Elayne (elaynet) | 114 comments I'll take Zane any day LOL!

message 32: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Jan 14, 2012 11:44AM) (new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!! :-)

message 33: by Elayne (new)

Elayne (elaynet) | 114 comments Me too LOL!

message 34: by Robinah (new)

Robinah | 15 comments Definately Joe Mackenzie. It was a little weird for me with the others because i read about them being born!

message 35: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments How about Grant Sullivan? Now there's a Hotty!

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Dee wrote: "How about Grant Sullivan? Now there's a Hotty!"

Yep Grant is right up there!!

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara Johnson (bysarajohnson) Elayne wrote: "I'll take Zane any day LOL!"

With you on that, Elayne!! It's really a toss up between Zane and Dane...both make my heart flutter!

message 38: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Davis (lynrdavis) | 17 comments Dane Hollister (Dream Man) is hunky and sizzling.
Price Tanner (Under a Midnight Clear "White Out") gives him a run for the money. LH scorches the page outright. If you look, you can see the steam rise.

message 39: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I like Chance Mackenzie. He is so HOT I also like Grey, and Sam...and Wolf...and

message 40: by Janeiowa (last edited Jan 11, 2013 04:03AM) (new)

Janeiowa | 4927 comments Just bring them all ... Joe, Zane, Chance, Marc, Kell, Gray, Grant, Sam, Reece, Robert...
A veritable smorgasbord of YUM.

message 41: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Jane wrote: "Just bring them all ... Joe, Zane, Chance, Marc, Kell, Gray, Grant, Sam, Reece, Robert...
A veritable smorgasbord of YUM."

I'm with you, Jane.

message 42: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Richards It's a good thing there is no right answer to this question! But for me you can pick any of the following hunks and I'm happy. Zane, Wolf, Jack, Dane or Sam.

message 43: by Susan (new)

Susan Lawson | 6 comments Wolf Mackenzie hands down.

Runners up are: Zane, Dane, Marc, John Rafferty, Lucas Swain, Richard, Rafe.

Although, not necessarily in that order ;-)

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan Lawson | 6 comments Jane wrote: "Just bring them all ... Joe, Zane, Chance, Marc, Kell, Gray, Grant, Sam, Reece, Robert...
A veritable smorgasbord of YUM."

I must be blanking out on one of heroes. Robert? The closest I can come to that name is Richard, who I loved from NYSH.

Can you tell me the LH book her hero Robert is from. It means I need to reread it :-)

message 45: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (gwenk) | 16 comments Oh, boy this is hard, but these are the ones that come to mind. Rafe McCay, Kell Sabin, Chance Mackenzie, Marc Chastain & Zane Mackenzie :)

message 46: by Mickey (last edited Jan 14, 2013 02:33AM) (new)

Mickey (mickuva) | 11 comments I love all of her heroes, but I do have a fondness for the cowboys, so I would have to say that I adored "A Lady of The West's" Jake Roper who is incredibly smooth, while finding John Rafferty from "Heartbreaker" his steamy opposite. The wonderful thing about reading a Linda Howard book is discovering the layers and characters in between - yum.

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Williams (amanda1972) | 270 comments Wyatt Bloodsworth has got to come up at the top as well :)

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Williams (amanda1972) | 270 comments Alexis-Morgan wrote: "BamaGal (Naysa) wrote: "It was Marc Chastain in Kill and Tell. I can't believe I actually remember that..."

Oh, I can. ;-)"

I can remember him. Defo a hero:)

message 49: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 149 comments I loved Marc Chastain and Wyatt Bloodsworth and Zane Mackenzie (okay all of them), but my favorites are Dane (my first-and you never forget your first), Sam, and Richard Worth. And Susan, I think Robert is from Loving Evangeline (Duncan & Evangeline, #2) by Linda Howard . He was yummy, but I so wanted to smack him.

message 50: by Janeiowa (new)

Janeiowa | 4927 comments I don't recognize the names Rafe McKay or Richard Worth. Which books were they in?

Robert Cannon was in Loving Evangeline and was the half-brother/stepbrother of Madelyn in Duncan's Bride.

I loved it when Maddie packed up and moved to town to work in the cafe and live there until Reece "woke up and smelled the coffee."

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.