Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Urban Fantasy > Kate Daniels Books

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (last edited Feb 03, 2012 10:57PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) I'm reading the second book in this series. If you haven't read these and you like urban fantasy, you should definitely give them a try.

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

Curran (Curran POV, #1) by Gordon Andrews Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2) by Gordon Andrews Curran #3 (Curran POV, #3) by Gordon Andrews

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) Im going to definitely check these out! how many will be in the series..do you know Danielle?...is there any "love" interest in them?

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (last edited Sep 01, 2010 07:19PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) I'm not sure how many. I know there is another one coming out, Magic Slays.

Curran, the Beast Lord is the love interest. That's why there is a lion on the covers. He's quite a character. :)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) I read your review on the first book..ok Im sold....I think this is just what Ive been looking for! thanks Danielle

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) I hope you like it, Sandi! The second book is even better. :)

message 6: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments damn it, Lady D!! I'm trying to shorten my TBR list, not grow it, lol. :-)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) MrsJoseph wrote: "damn it, Lady D!! I'm trying to shorten my TBR list, not grow it, lol. :-)"

lol did you forget what group you were in?

message 8: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments LOL! I know, silly, right? I told someone in a different group that you guys were like drug pushers - but that you push books and not drugs.

I swear I think Jason and Lady D are on some publisher's payroll (and if they are not they should be, lol). :-)

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) MrsJoseph wrote: "LOL! I know, silly, right? I told someone in a different group that you guys were like drug pushers - but that you push books and not drugs.

I swear I think Jason and Lady D are on some publi..."

Lol well Jason is a writer...of course so am I :)

Psshht! I got a few brand new fantasy novels you'll just love. *opens a very large and flashy overcoat with pockets for fantastic new fantasy fiction* lol

message 10: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments O_O

My mom told me not to talk to strang...

Hey! What is that shiny cover??

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) MrsJoseph wrote: "O_O

My mom told me not to talk to strang...

Hey! What is that shiny cover??"

lol

message 12: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments :-D

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) MrsJ, I'm in the same boat as you! I was back at Borders the other night! Couldn't resist the siren call of 60 plus% off. At least I get some free books by doing reviews for a couple of sites. :)

message 14: by Tina (last edited Apr 06, 2011 05:46PM) (new)

Tina | 177 comments I have to give my exuberant thumbs up to this series. The momentum ratchets up each book and Kate is a stone cold warrior. I love the world building and the magic vs. tech system.

There is also a nice amount of humor as well. I find that while I am reading this series I find myself really immersed in the atmosphere. Third book Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews is my favorite so far.

message 15: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 143 comments Great listening series! Just finished Magic Bleeds and I'm still totally loving these.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) My library has one of the books. I've been trying to work my way through the books I haven't read yet, but it's tempting!

message 17: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 143 comments Keep reading in order... the stories don't really require it, and the author gives plenty of memory joggers, but if you read out of order, you don't get the fun chemistry build-up between Kate and Curran.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) Oh, I will. My library has the one I've read already. I was referring to other audiobooks I haven't read yet.

message 19: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 143 comments I gotcha now...

message 20: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 114 comments Have you guys looked into the shorts from Curran's POV? The first one, Curran, is available free on smashwords. There's a short scene from each of the first 4(?) books told from Curran's POV. Very short, but a lot of fun to read :)

I've heard from a few people that the audios are great, definitely want to give them a try sometime.

message 21: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 143 comments I'll have to check them out. I'm sure they ARE amusing. I need an e-reader...

=(

message 22: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 114 comments They're short, you can just read them on the computer. I think one of the later stories is literally just posted on the author's website. Might be Fathers and Sons?

message 23: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 143 comments K - will look into it. Thanks!

message 24: by Kara (new)

Kara (sterlink) | 143 comments Read Curran.

=)

Thanks for the tip. That brightened up my work day a bit and made me laugh.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) Vivian, I am trying to follow the continuity, so I haven't read Curran's POV yet. I still need to Magic Strikes.