The Readening discussion

General > Welcome! Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenamc) | 8 comments Mod
Welcome to the Readening, the brain child of Mel and myself. We are constantly reading and recommending new books to each other, and so thought that we should have somewhere to record them, and also discuss them.

My name is Serena, and I'm a voracious reader. I love all genres, but at heart am a true romantic - anything with a love story sub-plot is a plus for me!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissamiche) | 3 comments Mod
I am Mel! I will read any genre, but my favourites are scifi, fantasy, horror, and speculative fiction. I like strong characters who I can indentify with, and who grow and change over the course of the book. I love being immersed in a new and interesting world, which is why I love reading!

message 3: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Hi! My name is Lisa. I'm 43, married with 3 children and 4 grandchildren. Unfortunatly, I'm the only reader in my family.

I read just about anything that is recommended to me, but my passion is mystery/thrillers. I have read a few romance, but would rather not. LOL

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissamiche) | 3 comments Mod
Hello Lisa! I am with you on the romance, I think it has been years since I have read a romance book. Like Serena, I welcome a good romance sub-plot, but I don't enjoy when it is the main theme of the novel. Have you read any good mystery books lately? I am quite partial to them myself.

message 5: by Serena (new)

Serena (serenamc) | 8 comments Mod
Hi Lisa, thanks for joining in! I must admit I'm not huge on thrillers - mainly because I'm so squeamish! I scream extremely loud in cinemas. Still, I'm willing to try anything that you really loved and would recommend.

message 6: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Thanks for the welcome.

Two books off the top of my head is Still Missing by Chevy Stevens & Bone Thief by Thomas O'Callaghan.

Both excellent books.

I have a Mystery group if you would like to check it out Melissa. It's called Mysterious Corner.