Cozy Mysteries discussion

Off topic discussions > Settings for Cozy Mysteries

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3841 comments Mod
First of all, if this message doesn't go here, please, tell me.

Thinking about our challenges around the places where the mysteries are set, I've thought that it would be a good idea to try to fix the settings for the mysteries we know. If you don't mind, with time (it's not fast), I'll try to put the settings that there are in the two challenges (and the books I read) in the book's data. I think that only librarians can do it, I'm not sure.

message 2: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Collins (lorna_collins) | 22 comments We set our mysteries (Murder... They Wrote, and Murder in Paradise - coming soon)in Hawaii because we love the state and have spent a lot of time there. (Number four in the series may be set in California.)

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Jackson (melaniejaxn) | 55 comments Chloe Boston Mysteries (Moving Violation, Pumpkin Thief) are in Washington State.

message 4: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Do you mean Marisa, that you'll edit the GRs info on the books to include the location where the story takes place?

If so, thank you. We aren't the only group that does challenges like this so I know others around GRs would find it useful as well.

message 5: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Do you mean Marisa, that you'll edit the GRs info on the books to include the location where the story takes place?

Yes, I'll try to do it (in a no very fast way because, besides, series have been included now and I try to improve it in the books I know, so it's a bit slow process)

message 6: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Lorna, Melanie, I've already added the settings for the books I've found here (I haven't found "Murder in Paradise").

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 661 comments You can also go to stopyourekillingme.com and they show books listed by state (US). Sometimes I find that helpful because the setting of a story is something I like to know (it sometimes influences whether I want to read a book or not). : )

message 8: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

I've already updated them, Beth