Midnight (The Vampire Diaries: The Return, #3) Midnight discussion


407 views
What did really happenned that night in the motel between Damon an Elena ???

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Gaillet Hi everyone,

I'm new and like all of you i can't wait to read the final one wich is going to tell us eventually who Elena is gonna end with !

How could it possibly have a happy ending ? I mean Elena really really loves Stefan and meanwhile she's starting to love Damon too which is put through hell seeing she can't be all his.

So here is my principal wonder: What Did Really Happenned that night in this motel room between those two ? I mean, just before (to remind the scene) he discovers she's a virgin and she discovers that he trully loves her and suffers from that. Through Shadow Souls they're like kissing all the time they can be alone, and exchanging blood too, but this night Elena is ashamed of because feeling like she betrailed Stefan and doesn't want to talk about it to anyone... Besides, the next morning, she's expecting tenderness from Damon (who's lost his memories once more), and they were pretty close, covered by Damon's wings that night ...

Besides, at the end of the book, Shinichi threatens Elena to tell everyone the truth on what they did !
So, any suggestions ?


message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie I don't know, I've been wondering this myself? I can't believe Elena would cheat on Stefan, but then she does seem to be very attracted to Damon...Who knows?


message 3: by Jj (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jj well who wouldnt be attracked 2 him! I really hope they end up 2gether..I agree.. there is something weird there!


Maeham I absolutely hope Elena chooses Damon... I am Team Damon lol! I wonder what happened in the hotel as well and cant wait to find out! Maybe feeding him some blood, maybe he told her he loves her, maybe they just cuddled and slept, and maybe... a nice steamy kiss!


Amber. Vampire Queen. What happend was he got upset and cried in her arms. She held him as though he were a child, and let him cry. Thats it nothin more nothin less


Veronica Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "What happend was he got upset and cried in her arms. She held him as though he were a child, and let him cry. Thats it nothin more nothin less"

Totally agree with you.


Anne I think blood was shared.


Ruth I read and loved that book..... and they really did just sleep :P


Yanin Well it was revealed at the end what happened. But to me that was an anti climax, I sort of expected more! But of course she would betray Stefan and all that~


Nightmagic  Magic i also think the only thing that happened was they shared blood .He tasted her tears and thats why he found out she was a virgin .she felt guilty because she has only ever shared blood with Stefan and suddenly she was doing the same thing with Damon


Samantha Another trilogy of books is about to be released and I suspect at the end Damon will be back and the triangle will still be in existance with no choice by Elena this is just writing books for writings sake and no real story to tell should have just left it at the end of the first four Elena is with Stefan Damon is a good guy end of story. With this trilogy it just got to weird.


message 13: by S (new) - rated it 4 stars

S Maeham wrote: "I absolutely hope Elena chooses Damon... I am Team Damon lol! I wonder what happened in the hotel as well and cant wait to find out! Maybe feeding him some blood, maybe he told her he loves her, ma..."

LOL i totally agree with u im a total Damon fann! And hope they end up together and i wounder wht really happened the night :D


Veronica Samantha wrote: "Another trilogy of books is about to be released and I suspect at the end Damon will be back and the triangle will still be in existance with no choice by Elena this is just writing books for writi..."

I feel the same way too. Its my guess that the love triangle will continue till there are no fans left or no one to offer the books for publication.


Nightmagic  Magic i hope so much that in these next trilogies Damon does end up Elena .he has never had anyone love him and he has always been there for her .I am glad there will be more trilogies on from Midnight although i disagree with their decision to cease using LJ Smith as the writer .


Amber Ivers The fact that she shared her blood with him, would constitute her sort of cheating on Stefan, since it was given freely. It is the form of showing that you love each other. That would be enough of a problem to hurt Stefan since he was trapped in jail at the time.
Elena may have finally started feeling for Damon but if Damon wasn't constantly pressuring her, she would never have betrayed Stefan like that and so she feels guilty. Of course throughout the whole series, LJ constantly reminds us that Elena's soul has been searching for more, like she was missing something. She thought that she found it in Stefan but in one of the books, she admitted that it wasn't it. Damon may have been her true soul mate, instead of Stefan but we won't know now. Especially with a new writer coming in to finish the books.


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Its stupid that they got rid of LJ, i believe it was because of the things going on between Damon and Elena, so they got rid of her and replaced her with another, they are going to follow LJ's Plans but like adjust them, (: if that makes any sense at all, i will say it blunt.
LJ fired because Elena and Damon like eachother to much and she wants to be with him instead of stefan = New person comes in and folllows LJ's story base but adjusts where neccessary = so that means Elena will end up with Stefan = Unhappy peeps (:


Grace northman i think bonnie and damon should be together.


Amber Ivers I don't know. Their personalities would clash. I think that she is better suited for Matt. She is too timid and Matt is a great guy who would protect her, even from herself. I am not sure who Elena should be with. I have always liked hers and Stefan's relationship, but after reading Shadow Souls, seeing how Damon truly feels, kind of makes me think that Elena and Damon are better suited.


Ticiana I think that Damon and Elena are definitely better together and didn't Meredith say at the end that her and Matt were meant to kiss or something so...also it said what happened in the hotel, nothing much just sat and cuddled, simple :)


message 21: by Amber (last edited Jan 11, 2012 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amber Ivers Well I re read everything and have to agree that Damon and Elena are better suited. I like Bonnie with Matt or Stefan, but I definitely don't want her with Damon. I think that it would change who she is and I happen to really like who she is, the way she is.

Also people say that Bonnie changes Damon but I think that it is Elena who changes Damon and I like the way he is when he is with her; still the bad boy but not the jerk, protective, and always willing to go along with the hard plans.


Amber Ivers Courtney wrote: "Its stupid that they got rid of LJ, i believe it was because of the things going on between Damon and Elena, so they got rid of her and replaced her with another, they are going to follow LJ's Plan..."

she also said that it was because of Bonnie and Damon's relationship


Sabzzy123 i think they did it


message 24: by Rima (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rima Veronica wrote: "Amber (loves Dimka and Edward and Shane! + more) wrote: "What happend was he got upset and cried in her arms. She held him as though he were a child, and let him cry. Thats it nothin more nothin le..."

thanks for clearing that up Veronica. and i soooo agree!


message 25: by Amber (last edited Jan 12, 2012 03:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amber Ivers Sabzzy123 wrote: "i think they did it"

no they didn't do it, Elena just held him all night while they talked about lots of things. He just wanted to know that he was not alone. Her guilt lies with not running when Damon asked here too because he was too tempted and she gave him what he wanted freely.


message 26: by Serenity (new)

Serenity I think the real shame Elena feels is because by sharing blood, they are able to connect with each others souls without barriers.

They can see/feel pure emotion and Elena is able to touch the raw core emotion of Damon. The innermost,hidden Damon, the little boy inside him.

Even though nothing physical/sexual happened, Elena is unable to share with Stefan because she saw inside Damon all that he keeps locked up inside and their souls made a connection really deep.


message 27: by whoufflestories (new)

whoufflestories L.J Smith herself said that they almost had sex.


message 28: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Thames I think she did something she knew would hurt Stefan and felt guilty about it. Rememeber when Bonnie had her little visions or something,she said how Stefan will react when found out? But no matter the reason, she ends up choosing Stefan in the end.


message 29: by Ds (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ds i think elena betrays stefen


back to top