Harry Potter discussion

Books > BOOK ON TEDDY LUPIN?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenelle (last edited Aug 19, 2010 10:25PM) (new)

Jenelle | 3 comments Yeah, it would explain allot, like why he wears rags, (Is that because he can't afford them cause he ruins them when he changes?) and how he fell in love with tonks, and how he felt at becoming a father and his death. But i must admit, i'd like a book on Dumbledore to explain how his sister really did die. Oh and how he is homosexual

message 2: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i don't think she could ever reveal who killed dumbledore's sister. it has to remain a mystery.

and is teddy a werewolf?

message 3: by Regine (new)

Regine i still think the best character to write a book about would be Snape. He led life as a double agent, had an unrequieted love for Lily Potter, and his childhood would have been interesting to look at.

And in the Deathly Hallows, there was a very slight implication about Dumbledore being gay.

message 4: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments Lizzy wrote: "he's a half werewolf and part metamorphmagus (what Tonks was)
So that should make it REALLY interesting.
Maybe only half of him turns into a wolf, and he still has control over what he does durign ..."

i don't think he turns wolf. remember that was what lupin was afraid of, but he didn't know because werewolves had never bred before.

message 5: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments Lizzy wrote: "and at an interview with Jo, she announced that Dumbledore was gay when a fan asked "Will he find true love?""

in a different interview i think she said he had loved grindelwald.

message 6: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Aug 20, 2010 06:18PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Brianne wrote: "i don't think he turns wolf. remember that was what lupin was afraid of, but he didn't know because werewolves had never bred before."

That's right. JKR has said that Teddy is not a werewolf - he's a Metamorphmagus like his mother. I think it's implied that he doesn't "half" turn into a werewolf either, meaning that his father's condition hasn't in any way impeded his life. Maybe it's possible that he just has a few very mild symptoms, like preferring rare steaks, like Bill(?).

message 7: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments lol. i don't know if you can be half werewolf.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments I really want Rowling to write a Marauder era book. But I'm ok with any other companion Harry Potter book just as long as we get one.

message 9: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i like letting the fan fic authors tackle the marauder era.

message 10: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I would love to see a Marauder era book as well. Although Snape would be a good idea as well.

message 11: by Adam (new)

Adam  (adawg) | 5 comments just sayin im finding it hard to believe that Dumbeldore is gay...

message 12: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

I don't find it hard to believe either. Dumbledore's love for Grindelwald prevents him from coming to terms with Grindelwald's true nature. Although he knows what kind of person Grindelwald is deep inside, he justifies their plans by allowing himself to believe that everything will be for the "greater good" (until Arinna's death, that is).

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments Lizzy wrote: "well some ofthe fanfics arent that great, (not that i'm saying that there ARENT any at all, there ARE some good ones) I'd rather have the expert and master of this write it."

Agreed here. So far I've found only one reasonably good and accurate Marauder Era story. I'm not a fan of OCs or whatever they're called.

Dumbledore was always different. I don't think J.K.R meant it as in full romantic love for Gellert Grindelwald or any other man, just that he probably prefers the company of men. :)

message 14: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments Lizzy wrote: "I don't.
Though him and mcgonagall would go nicely together.
that is, if he wasn't dead. ;3"

i always thought there was something between them but no one else did.

message 15: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments Miss Silvertongue wrote: "Lizzy wrote: "well some ofthe fanfics arent that great, (not that i'm saying that there ARENT any at all, there ARE some good ones) I'd rather have the expert and master of this write it."

Agree..."

well... Rowling said there was. but that after she pictured him as someone that just wouldn't settle down. asexual kind of.

message 16: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Miss Silvertongue wrote: "Lizzy wrote: "well some ofthe fanfics arent that great, (not that i'm saying that there ARENT any at all, there ARE some good ones) I'd rather have the expert and master of this write it."

Agree..."

JKR specifically mentioned his love for Grindelwald when she made the comment about Dumbledore sexuality at Carnegie Hall in October 2007 ( http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/200... ):

Q: "Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?"

JKR: "My truthful answer to you... I always thought of Dumbledore as gay. [ovation.:] ... Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald, and that that added to his horror when Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extent? But, he met someone as brilliant as he was, and rather like Bellatrix he was very drawn to this brilliant person, and horribly, terribly let down by him. Yeah, that's how i always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying I knew a girl once, whose hair... [laughter:]. I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's gay!" [laughter:] "If I'd known it would make you so happy, I would have announced it years ago!"

message 17: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments lol. i have no idea.

message 18: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

I don't know. :)

message 19: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i don't think it would be good for JK Rowling to be dragged into the Werewolf Vampire fight. there are too many of them.

anything she writes should be individual.
she already wrote about werewolves quite a bit in the series. with lupin and all.

message 20: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments that's be interesting. but metamorphmagus aren't persecuted. i just think it'd be cool.

message 21: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments ooo. there wasn't much about hagrids life would bee really interesting. living at hogwarts his whole life.

message 22: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i was thinking one book about his third year, and the whole part about the time after that. he was an outcast most of his life.

message 23: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments really? i would think that his childhood was traumatizing.

message 24: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i mean both. you could get a decent sized book if you did his whole life.

maybe start right after he got expelled then flashback to during his school.

message 25: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments lol. that'd be like harry potter all over again.

message 26: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments yeah...

message 27: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments that's my choice. if there was a book i'd want hagrid's story.

message 28: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments lol. yeah.

message 29: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (thebiracialbookdragon) | 42 comments I would love to see a book on Teddy. I think to be different and the fact that the epilogue says all has been well for 19 years. That it would be neat if it took place after he left Hogwarts. I can so see Teddy entering Auror School like his mum and godfather. If he went into Auror School he’d be starting his second year during when the epilogue takes place.

Maybe Teddy could have a good friend that is a werewolf. I could see him being an advocate for their rights because of his dad.

message 30: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments isn't auror school for adults though?

message 31: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) I would hesitate about the werewolves. I fear the Twilight fangirls would make Teddy their new Edward or Jacob.

message 32: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) I thought it over, and I retract what I said. It could be no worse than the Draco Malfoy fangirls, as sad as that is to say.

message 33: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) He's a whiny, sniveling rich boy who runs to his daddy for everything. Okay?

message 34: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments well... edward's really old.

message 35: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Brianne wrote: "well... edward's really old."

Okay, I give you that.

Though I can't really hold it against vampires though, from a un-twilight standpoint. Who's calling the elves in Lord of the Rings pedophiles when they date humans?

message 36: by Leah Rachel (new)

Leah Rachel von Essen (whilereadingandwalking) Miss Silvertongue wrote: "I really want Rowling to write a Marauder era book. But I'm ok with any other companion Harry Potter book just as long as we get one."

I would love a Marauders Era book, maybe even leading up to the death of Harry's parents. But a book about either Snape or Hagrid would also be great.

I love Harry Potter and want more books and at the same time I've finally [almost] accepted that the books are over. It took me years...

Not that I wouldn't be the happiest person in the world if another HP book was announced. I'm just saying, it would probably fly me up in to the sky and then plunge me into the same pit of HP-less despair after I finished.

message 37: by Aegine (new)

Aegine | 359 comments Alicia 慧娴 wrote: "He's a whiny, sniveling rich boy who runs to his daddy for everything. Okay?"

Draco at least has some stuffing in him. I mean, he changes over the course of the books right? Even though his change comes mostly in the last book at the very end. Edward really doesn't change.....

message 38: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Aegine wrote: "Alicia 慧娴 wrote: "He's a whiny, sniveling rich boy who runs to his daddy for everything. Okay?"

Draco at least has some stuffing in him. I mean, he changes over the course of the books right? Ev..."

Good point. Draco does change. Edward is as static as they come.

I maintain that Draco is whiny and sniveling, but he does have character development. Not into a positive person imo, but that's a whole different thing entirely. Draco was interesting in the last two books.