Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > the girl with the dragon tattoo movie

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) http://movie-critics.ew.com/2010/08/1...

I hope you all did not have this discussion while I was gone, but what do you think of the casting for the American version of TGWTDT movie?
I am trying to imagine this little sprite as Lisbeth with the spikey hair, piercings, etc. and I think she can pull it off. I am so glad Kristen Stewart was not chosen because frankly, I don't think she is much of an actress. I love Daniel Craig, so that works for me. Thoughts?

message 2: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Yes Daniel Craig :)! I am not sure about the this unknown girl yet. If they can harden her some and make her look a bit tougher, and I haven't heard her voice, she could definitely work. I am with you I definitely did not want Kristen Stewart. What's her name from Juno and that skater movie with Drew Barrymore could have been edgy but not sure edgy enough, I think her name was tossed around some.

message 3: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Btw Welcome back ms petra, hope college initiation went just swimmingly! :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The girl from Juno is Ellen Page.

message 5: by bugcoil (new)

bugcoil Yesss! I am so hyped for it (whether it blows or not... I just hope it doesn't).
I'm just more excited that there's a movie rather than the cast (mostly because I am terrible with names).

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I saw the GWPWF a few weeks ago and it was so good. Better that the first one. I am also looking forward to the American versions.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori I love that Robin Wright has been cast as Erica. When I first heard there was going to be an American version I was completely disgusted. BUT then Fincher as director? And then Craig etc cast? Don't know this Mara girl, which I think is GOOD.

message 8: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I'm pretty excited for it, too. I'm nervous about Let Me In (Let The Right One In), though. (the other Swedish movie I loved.) Has anyone seen both the American version and the Swedish version?

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments We talked about that a little in the movie thread somewhere, Gretchen...see what happens when you go on vacation?

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Ok I'll check it out.

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Scott (jesscscott) I might watch the U.S. version -- I watched the Swedish one, and really enjoyed it :D!

message 12: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) http://www.wmagazine.com/celebrities/...

did anyone see this magazine cover? I think Ms. Mara may be able to pull this off.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.