Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Member 666 will join soon/The Satanic Goat Devil Took Over Summer Library Reading Programs!

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, I've been meaning to mention this, but I don't think I have. A while back Jackie told me one of summer reading program posters had a sinister looking goat on it. A couple days later I walked into the library and...here it is!

http://www.redwombatstudio.com/blog/w...

Also, we have member 666 joining the group soon, and we need to figure out a way to celebrate. Set Detroit on fire? Wild nights dancing around a drum by firelight?

I really don't have a question here. Forgive me, I was in meetings all day.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I just looked closer at the poster. Why has that evil goat enslaved those innocent orca whales? Will no one stop him? Also, I thought he was carrying a water bottle at first, you know, so he could stay hydrated, but now I think it's a bottle with a map inside.

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I invited someone!! OOOH I hope she joins so she can be member 666. Do I get some sort of referral award for that?

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 79 comments isn't there something fishy inside the bottle, too? I think it must be a colorised version of Sub-Niggurath, the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young. Ia!Ia! Fhtagn!

okay. i'll take my medication, now...

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments

Yes, our Summer Reading Program theme this year was "Make Waves." I love that a satanic goat mage was the considered the BEST POSSIBLE MASCOT for that theme. Hee!

And yes, he has orcas on leashes, which really is awesome, and some kind of seal in that green bottle hanging from his belt.

I guess he was acceptable to our patrons, though. We had no complaints! That I heard of, anyways. I think the library must have already lost anyone who would complain about satanic goat mages with our insistent stocking of books like Harry Potter and The Da Vinci Code.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Smetchie wrote: "I invited someone!! OOOH I hope she joins so she can be member 666. Do I get some sort of referral award for that?"

You get reimbursed twice your initiation fee.

message 7: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) we should design a cool TC logo that we could have transferred to a t-shirt, mug, etc. Possibly involving a ficus and cheese....there are so many creative people here

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
I don't like how the link appears to say "red womb at studio" either. It is creepy.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sally!

message 10: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments pet orcas!

message 11: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Ok, my satanic-goat-devil-friend joined. Why does it still say 665 members?

message 12: by Sarah (last edited Aug 20, 2010 11:49AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Maybe Sharon Angle left when we reached the magic number? She doesn't like devilish things, like the color black.

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments que?

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08...

Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle once partook in a campaign against a local high school's use of black football jerseys, arguing that the dark color was ungodly and wicked, Bill Roberts of Nevada's Pahrump Valley Times recently reported.

message 15: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments HAHAHAHAHA! That's great!

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments she also reportedly only eats red licorice

message 17: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 79 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08...

Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle once partook in a campaign against a local high school's use of bl..."

where to start? wait, she has a point; remember those Satanic Puritan settlers at Plymouth Rock in there evil black dresses, coats and hats.

and is she genuinely making the point about black equaling evil? i'd be interested in the racial mix of her constituency.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

Bun! Kevin!

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

***bear hugs, tackles, and tickles***

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Stop picking on the goat, I think he looks nice. He has a nice smile.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Stop looking at the goat that way Gail!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Dang. My goat fetish is out. :D

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

**tucks Gail's fetish back in**

there ya go.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

That Sally, she's a helper!

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

**puffs**

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Sally. I knew I could count on you to look after me.

message 27: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments I remember Jackie posting the poster (hehehe) on FB & thinking "That mascot is waaaaay cooler than any one we had." I think we had an inchworm in our library. The mage goat is super-fly!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) From what I can see, we're still sitting at 665.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I stand corrected. We just got tipped.

message 30: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments 656! We lost a few.

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Remember this happened once before?! Out of nowhere we lost about ten people? Satan will have to wait...

(1. What's the ruling on combining question marks and exclamation points as ending punctuation?)

(2. I think the goat took them.)

message 32: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24257 comments Mod
No! We're at 666!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

The goat giveth, and the goat taketh away! (Or vice versa.)

message 33: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, if my math is correct, member #666 is....CARLY!

Welcome, spawn of Satan!

message 34: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Ok, if my math is correct, member #666 is....CARLY!

Welcome, spawn of Satan!"

Spawn of satan? Sis, is that you??

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.