Nicholas Sparks Novels discussion

News, Updates, & Contests > Zac Efron to play Logan Thibault in "The Lucky One", True Believer also becoming a movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (alwayschey98) | 22 comments I just searched "The Lucky One (2010)" on Google, and it says Zac Efron will play Logan.. something else that came up was that True Believer (the movie) will be released in 2011. Comments? Feedback?

message 2: by Adrienne (last edited Aug 25, 2010 02:14PM) (new)

Adrienne Zac Efron as Logan? well they wont be getting my pennies to go and see it, I've nothing aganist the guy but the role is not for him. Although I couldn't say who should play the role I sure can say who shouldn't.

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Logan was rugged for me too and not a pretty boy with blond(ish) hair. Tall well muscled with a haunted edge to him. I just wouldn't be able to rid myself of the image of all that soppy singing and dancing from HSM LoL

message 4: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments First, Zac Efron seems too young to play a man who has served 3 tours in Iraq. Maybe I am thinking wrong, but I picture a late 20's early 30's type of guy. When I read the book, I was picturing Mark Wahlberg. Not to say he should play the role of Logan, but he has the muscle, he looks good rugged, and he is just sexy. So he is my Logan. Zac seems a little pretty boyish for the role, but maybe is agent told him "it's just what you need to get out of the HSM image."
We'll see!

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Christian Bale has the kind of features I associate with Logan. Really does Zac look like he'd even be in the forces let alone endure 3 tours in Iraq? I know it's 'romance' but......

message 6: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments I like James Marsden as well. Love his eyes.

If I remember right, Beth (Elizabeth) had a baby right out of High School. Her son, Ben, is 10 when she meets Logan. So Beth is about 28 which means Keith and Logan would be the same age.....

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ (Heesica) I would rather that they cast a not very well know actor to play Logan. To put it nicly I am not a fan of Zac's, but weirdly I liked all of his movie execpt for the HSM ones.

message 8: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne There's a British actor who's in a series called Mistresses I'll find out his name, he's the right age and would be just right for this part. I think they're trying to develop Zacs career but this story needs a special guy to take the part of Logan.

message 9: by SandraHazel (new)

SandraHazel (ahyiena12) He better make this movies awesome...But i can't really imagine Zac Efron pulling of the character of Logan, he seem too young-as most people here pointed out. I hope they don't make this a very soft, and cheesy movie.

message 10: by eMiLy ¡¡™ (new)

eMiLy ¡¡™ (e97shortstuff) | 58 comments zac efron cat play logan logan is supposed to be an older man

message 11: by Vaneeshan (new)

Vaneeshan | 2 comments i like the thought of james marsden too :)

message 12: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Zac Efron seems to be young to play Logan who served 3 years in Iraq. I think that they have choose someone to seems to be more mature because efron's face is too baby face and it can't be considered as right choice for Logan character. the most suitable actor for Logan is, James Franco or Taylor Lautner.

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) I have to say that he did a good job in the 17 again movie though.....if he were to get in the gym buff up get the hair cut of a marine and if possible grow some facial hair he might could pull it off......I have to say that I would like to see someone with more angles in their face just an example Ethan Hawke with a really built body and tall......I guess we will see though!!

message 14: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments First Logan spent 3 'tours' in Iraq, which is like 6 years. Each tour is 2 years. (According to my cousin who just got back from Iraq).
Second Taylor Lautner is way too young. Efron is older than Lautner. Yes, Lautner has the muscle, but he still has a baby face.
Third James Franco is 32, a little older but could possibly fit the role.
Forth Ethan Hawke is one of my all time favorites, but he is 39, a little too old for the character.
Fifth James Marsden is 36, a little old for the part, but I still love him.
Sixth my picks, who haven't starred in one of Sparks' movies, to play Logan:
Chris Pine - right age, toned, cute
Chris Evans - right age, ripped, hot
Jared Padalecki - right age, toned, sexy
They fit the characters age and actually look the part (to me). Most of the suggested actors to play the part are not even the right age range.
Don't get me wrong, we all have our own fantasy version in our heads and we shouldn't change that. Like I previously posted, Mark Walhberg is my Logan. Even after I watch the movie, he will still be my Logan.
I also believe the people who are casting the roles for the movie have more experience then me, lets just hope they do 'The Lucky One' justice. I am sure it will all work out. I can't say that the movie will be a flop, but it may be hard to picture someone that is 22 playing the role of a 28-30 year old. I am still looking forward to the movie.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) Didn't say Ethan Hawke should play the part said someone with facial angles LIKE Ethan Hawke. I agree he is too old for the part however there has to be someone out there that has the "chiseled" look.

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) Didn't say Ethan Hawke should play the part said someone with facial angles LIKE Ethan Hawke. I agree he is too old for the part however there has to be someone out there that has the "chiseled" look.

message 17: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments Sorry Samantha! Didn't mean to sound rude or anything. Ethan Hawke does have the 'chiseled' look that fits the role. If he had a younger brother, hummmmm............

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) Oh no you are fine, I just wanted to let you know I agree with you that he doesn't need to play the part LOL. You weren't rude in my opinion, I have a 22 yr marine for a father and I took it for what it was, your opinion and your thoughts.

message 19: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Definitely Chris Pine is not right choice for Logan, Logan character needs someone to be fit in this character. Also, Chris Evans is more suitable for Logan character . How about Giovanni Ribisi ? Is he ok to play Logan part ? or Hayden Christenson?

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) You know what, I wish that we could go to the movie makers and vote on the people that should play the parts. Maybe they give us a list of people that they like and then us vote on the best person LMAO!! I like seeing that everyone has their own Logan in mind.....I have to agree that no matter what Mark Wahlberg is in he is going to be good.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Sellers (samantha62477) I got to thinking all of us agree that Zac Efron is not the best one for this part.

message 22: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments Farzan wrote: How about Giovanni Ribisi ? Is he ok to play Logan part ? or Hayden Christenson?

I didn't recognize those names so I looked them up. I couldn't see Giovanni Ribisi as Logan. Maybe Hayden Christenson if he buffed up a little. I don't know.......
I looked up the photos of Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling. They don't match well. Taylor looks her age or even a little older. Zac looks younger than he is. On imdb.com the note under the movie info says:
'Because this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.'

So maybe it will all work out in the end. It's not out until 2012, we have time for them to either realize they need to change actors or time for Zac to buff up and age a bit.

message 23: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments zach efron huh?

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 22 comments I could see Christian Bale as Logan but definitely not Zac Efron. Yikes, It makes me even more worried for this movie now.

message 25: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 108 comments idont like zach efron

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 16 comments Omg! Whoever said Jared P. From the show Supernatural is right on! Aldo, even though he was also in a Sparks movie already I could really see Shane West as Logan.

message 27: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne OMG by 2012 the age gap will be even more noticable,I think ZE whill always be babyfaced like LdiC, perhapes the data subject to change will be ZE.

message 28: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Shane West could be seen as Logan, If Channing Tatum was not playing John Tyree in Dear John. in my opinion he is right choice for Logan. Ok Who is perfect for female character ? I forgot her name ...

message 29: by Adrienne (last edited Sep 12, 2010 09:32AM) (new)

Adrienne What about Ashton Kutcher, now he'd make a nice Logan.

message 30: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Ashton Kutcher is way too funny for this role but he did great job in "Guardian" with Kevin Costner.

message 31: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Ohhhhh you see I didn't know he'd already been in an NS film, I was letting the visuals get away with things LOL

message 32: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Dear Adrienne, Not that the famous Guardian book of Nicholas Sparks , you should look at imdb.com for his movie with Kevin Costner.

message 33: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne OMG what a mess LOL can you tell that I don't go to the movies very often? I saw Kevin Costner, remembered he's been in an NS movie but that was MiAB right? Not The Guardian Shall I delete my post 'cos it's way off really!

message 34: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments No, you're right about Kevin Costner. He's been in "Message In the Bottle" as Garret Blake but the Guardian that I named is different from the famous Guardian of Nicholas Sparks. Also, it's imdb.com to look at it as a reliable source . No don't delete your post because all of us make mistake.

message 35: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments Beth (Elizabeth), who should play Logan's love interest?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) On Nicholas Sparks website it says that the same team who made Dear John have bought the rights to make Safe Haven into a film as well. the rights were bought before the book came out.

message 37: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments I think that Brooke Shields or Demi Moore. You know that I think that Elizabeth ( Beth ) character needs someone to be firm, serious and other side of her character, she should be funny, enjoyable.

message 38: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Yeah you're right but actually her character needs someone to be able to play Beth very well. how about Michelle Monaghan or Selma Blair or Robin Wright ? Also Jesse Metcalfe is good but he still has babyface gene so we have this problem with Zac Efron too.

message 39: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments I like Zooey Deschanel and Sienna Miller for Beth.

Amy I love your idea for a contest or at least a vote.

message 40: by Dez (new)

Dez (soundtechdez) | 8 comments I haven't read "The Lucky One" yet, but mom did. I told her about Zac Efron playing the lead, and she agreed that he's not who she's pick for the role. He's not rugged enough and the character was older, and an ex-marine. I should probaby get to ready that one soon before the movie comes out.

message 41: by Adrienne (last edited Sep 17, 2010 12:23AM) (new)

Adrienne Ok I eat my words a little, why? b/c I've just seen ZE interviewed on UK TV and well he's not the same! Gone is the blond boyish and IMO silly haircut, it's brown and shortish, stylishly cut, he's ot a bit of beard thing going on you know that nice stubbly look and well he's just not the same he's good and dare I say slightly hot and yes I could now see him as Logan.

message 42: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Oooo no when Isaw him on TV I didn't know it was him and thought "oooo he's nice wonder who he is?" then Isaw a poster saying marry me Zac and th peny dropped. I had to take a second look LOL

message 43: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
OK, Zac Efron being an actor in a Spar's movie makes me wanna punch someone. He's too young for any role.

message 44: by Candice (new)

Candice (candydulce) | 13 comments I just googled Zac's Beard/stubble pics. He is making himself ready for filming 'the lucky one'. I think it may work. I think it is easier to make an actor/actress look younger rather than older. I know there are a lot of actors/actresses out there who play teenagers well into their 20's. I just think it will be hard to make an early 20's look like late 20's early 30's. If the lead actress looks too much older then him, it will definitely not work. I can't even see him as a father figure to a 10 year old. I have know idea what the casting crew was thinking, but hopefully it doesn't kill the movie.
I also thought they may just rewrite the story a little to make it work. Which isn't out of character for movies based on books. Like with Dear John. Tim wasn't a father in the book. He was Alan's older brother. It made me mad when I watched the movie, but I enjoyed it anyway.
I am just going to watch 'the lucky one' thinking it is a completely new story and if it follows the book, great. If not, hopefully I can still enjoy it.

message 45: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 1 comments Nicholas Sparks confirmed it today at a book signing I went too...Effrom is definitely starring as Logan. I am so upset about this, he is wayy too young.

message 46: by Jill (new)

Jill The worst casting ever!

message 47: by Farzan (new)

Farzan (persianguy1983) | 86 comments Well when I watched Charlie St.Cloud by Zac Efron, I changed my mind about him playing Logan Thibault but he needs to get older for the character

message 48: by Danielle (last edited Nov 10, 2010 08:33PM) (new)

Danielle | 5 comments Just like everyone else said Zac Efron is not the main character I see. I was thinking somebody like John Cena, who was in that movie the marine. It is funny how you picture a certain type, and then you see they have somebody that you would never have imagined to play the role. It goes back to the way I felt about Miley Cyrus in the last song. I thought she did a good job, but I couldn't stop noticing her teeth. I hope they at least make Zac get away from the pretty boy to be more rugged.

message 49: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments I am appalled at this horrible decision. I have no idea why a little child basically would be cast as a man who has been to war multiple times. I too, thought of Mark Wahlberg as the lead for this, or someone of his build and acting caliber. I am super disappointed they made this poor casting decision which makes no artistic sense. I will definitely not be spending my money on it.

message 50: by valee, Your moderator (new)

valee | 164 comments Mod
I didn't like how Efron played Charlie in his last movie, I swear I was terribly scare more than once about seeing the guy crying again. I didn't like that movie much. I hope he does it better if he's playing a movie based on a Sparks book.

« previous 1