Clean Romances discussion

Group Concerns > Goodreads Clean Romances Group on Facebook!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I've just created a page on Facebook for our Goodreads Clean Romances Group! If you're a member of Facebook, we'd love to have you join us over there, as well. Just another way to keep in touch with each other and further our support of clean, secular romances!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid...

(Thank you for the suggestion, Kiki!)

message 2: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Great idea, Joyce (and Kiki)! I've joined. :o)

message 3: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 96 comments Sweet! I just joined. :-D

Thanks for the heads up!

message 4: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Thanks for joining us, Rae!

message 5: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Great, Kiki! Feel free to make a comment there. Share favorite clean romance reads, whatever. :-)

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Fyffe | 34 comments I've joined too, Joyce. Great idea!

message 7: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Thanks, Caroline, but it was Kiki's idea. :-) I need to do a better job of keeping that page up.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Shirk (jennifershirk) | 54 comments I think it's great too!

message 9: by Jewelled (new)

Jewelled Trellis (jewelledtrellis) | 22 comments Great idea. I've joined.

message 10: by Nell (new)

Nell (nell829) | 21 comments Just found this and joined!

message 11: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Nell wrote: "Just found this and joined!"

And I just approved your request to join! :O)

message 12: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Great idea ladies. Just asked to join!

message 13: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I just approved you too, Ginger. :-)

message 14: by Nell (new)

Nell (nell829) | 21 comments Yay, I'm there :)

message 15: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Thanks, Joyce. Now I'm in TWO groups! Yay!

message 16: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments I've joined too!!!

message 17: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome. D.D.!

message 18: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 188 comments Joyce wrote: "Welcome. D.D.!"

Thanks Joyce!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Cameron (michellecameron) | 3 comments Hi Joyce, thank you for starting this group, it's a great idea to have a showcase for secular clean romance.

By the way, maybe you should also start a community on Google g+ for all the authors who have a g+ account. It is the second biggest social network now after Facebook, and growing every day.

message 20: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Thanks for the suggestion, Michelle. I'm still trying to figure Google+ out, but this idea gives me an incentive to learn. :-) I'll see what I can do.

message 21: by Denise (new)

Denise Devine (dmeinstadaolcom) | 25 comments Happily Never After by Missy Fleming

New paranormal release from Fire and Ice YA - A wonderful Cinderella story by Missy Fleming now on Kindle and in print.

message 22: by Jukkapekkahatala (new)

Jukkapekkahatala | 3 comments Liityin juuri ryhmäänne Facebookissa.

message 23: by Rob. (new)

Rob. C. (robertawrites) It won't let me like the group through my page - I don't use facebook much as myself, I mostly use my page. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

message 24: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I use Facebook a lot, but that doesn't mean I know how it works. Can anybody else help Roberta?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Joyce! I just joined here and on Facebook. There is no "Like" button for the Facebook page. There is a "Join Group" button under the picture of the happy couple. I assume then, the moderator has to approve my request to join, as the button turns into "Cancel Request" once you click on "Join Group". Hope this helps! :)

message 26: by Florence (new)

Florence Witkop | 26 comments I just joined the Facebook group. I admit I was surprised and pleased to find it there.

message 27: by Amy (last edited Mar 30, 2013 08:09AM) (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments Roberta, I have the same problem. Every time I try to go to a FB page, it automatically directs me to myself.

I'm thinking it's a new (to me) policy of FB's. I might have to switch back to a personal account (with the subscription option), then create a separate page to promote my books. I'll let you know if that works.

message 28: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Yes, everyone, you do have to "ask" to join the FB group. That's to try to help prevent authors who don't write clean romances from promoting their books on our page. As soon as you ask to join, either Jaimey or I will happily add you to our FB group. :-)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I think what Roberta and Amy are saying, is that you cannot join the group if you are a "Page" on Facebook, as opposed to be a "User/Person". As an example, I can "Like" Joyce on Facebook, but I cannot send her a friend request.

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments Actually, I can't even see any other FB page other than my own, so Roberta's problem may be different from mine. Not sure now.

For example, I click on the link in the original post...and I'm at my own page.

I try clicking on the link to Jaimey's site...and I'm at my own page.

I didn't like FB before. I really don't like it now. I'm hoping switching to a personal profile will make me like it better.

message 31: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 23 comments Amy wrote: "Actually, I can't even see any other FB page other than my own, so Roberta's problem may be different from mine. Not sure now.

For example, I click on the link in the original post...and I'm at my..."

Just had a discussion about facebook with my critique partners this morning. I guess in order to keep my personal and business pages separate, I'm going to have to have a personal writing page rather than an author page. There just isn't enough flexibility with the author page. I can't like other pages unless I link it to my personal page as an "administrator." Erg. That means three separate pages!

Meetings of Chance by Darlene Deluca

message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments Okay, so I requested that my author page get turned into a personal profile. FB agreed and now I can see the Clean Romance group on FB. Issue solved.

I've sent a request to join.

message 33: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
You've been confirmed, Amy. Welcome!

message 34: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 23 comments Amy wrote: "Okay, so I requested that my author page get turned into a personal profile. FB agreed and now I can see the Clean Romance group on FB. Issue solved.

I've sent a request to join."

I finally ended up creating a new email account so that I could start a new facebook account. Sheesh! Just joined the group! :-)

message 35: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Yay! Welcome, Darlene!

message 36: by Amy (last edited Apr 03, 2013 05:29PM) (new)

Amy Keeley (safire_blue) | 89 comments Thanks, Joyce!

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved, Darlene. It's just...strange. Not sure why they do what they do with pages on FB.

message 37: by Rob. (new)

Rob. C. (robertawrites) Amy wrote: "Okay, so I requested that my author page get turned into a personal profile. FB agreed and now I can see the Clean Romance group on FB. Issue solved.

I've sent a request to join."

How did you do that, Amy?

message 38: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 170 comments I just asked to join.

message 39: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Lynne wrote: "I just asked to join."

Just added you, Lynne. :-)

message 40: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 170 comments Thanks! :-)

message 41: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (duchessmouse) | 13 comments All this time I didn't know there was an FB group too, that's great! I will look it up soon.

message 42: by Karen (last edited Aug 11, 2013 04:10PM) (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 122 comments Joyce wrote: "I've just created a page on Facebook for our Goodreads Clean Romances Group! If you're a member of Facebook, we'd love to have you join us over there, as well. Just another way to keep in touch wit..."

I just asked to join. What a great site :)

message 43: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I just added you, Karen. :-)

message 44: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Philip (tamara_philip) | 19 comments Hi Joyce! I just sent a request to join your facebook group! :)

message 45: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I just added you, Tamara. :-)

message 46: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Philip (tamara_philip) | 19 comments Thanks so much, Joyce :)

message 47: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Daisey (courtneydaisey) | 3 comments I've just submitted a request to join the group. I'm looking forward to it!

message 48: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
I just approved you, Courtney. :-)

message 49: by DeLisa (new)

DeLisa Lovett http://www.amazon.com/Romance-Road-Fi...

Hello,
I have published a book "Romance on the Road" and I think it would be a great addition to this group. I have added the link from amazon for easier find. Thanks and enjoy!
Sincerely,
DeLisa

message 50: by Shereen (new)

Shereen Vedam | 72 comments Just sent in a request to join this group.

« previous 1