Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Julie Lessman > A Hope Undaunted - Future Goals?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
1. Katie experienced ridicule and rejection from classmates as a young child, which colored her perception of herself and shaped her goals for her future. Have you ever experienced anything like this, and if so, how did it change you and your goals?

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Now my response. Oh my goodness yes. Going into sixth grade I changed schools and that was the worst timing and mistake ever. The people who I carpooled to school with were horrid and damaged my self esteem horribly in ways that I did not understand until years later. It was not a specific thing like Katie had that was made fun of, but just me in general and it made me very uncertain of myself and my future. In fact, I always never looked toward a future anymore because I was just sure that I was kill myself before I graduated. Blessedly that did not happen and my future took a different God guided path!

message 3: by Julie (last edited Sep 30, 2010 02:14PM) (new)

Julie (goodreadscomjulie_lessman) | 13 comments Oh, man, Margaret, we are SO vulnerable to cruelty at any stage of our lives, but especially as young children. That's why my heart bleeds for those who are made fun of or ridiculed -- I go CRAZY when I see that and come close to losing my Christianity with how I want to respond. Fortunately, Jesus tempers me MOST of the time, then forgives me the rest. :)

Hugs,
Julie

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Oh what would we do without that forgiveness?

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie (goodreadscomjulie_lessman) | 13 comments Amen to that, sister!!

Hugs,
Julie