Writers and Readers discussion

Reviews and Review Requests > Book Reviewers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
If you review books, we would like to hear from you. List your site, what kind of books you review or anything else you like to talk about.

message 2: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (penewcomb) I review books on my new blog http://glyph500words.wordpress.com/
my primary interest in investigative journalism. with my additional work as a graphic artist and musician, I also design and produce video book trailers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5EBDZ...

message 3: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Jul 03, 2011 06:26PM) (new)

Anagha Uppal I don't have a blog, but my book reviews go on Goodreads, Librarything, Amazon, and occasionally a McMillan online book group, Smashwords, the local library website, and B&N. I read almost anything, except poetry, erotica, nonfiction, and memoirs.

message 4: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (penewcomb) I'll look for your reviews, Anagha. thanks for letting us know where you post them.

message 5: by Judith (last edited Oct 22, 2011 01:46PM) (new)

Judith Starkston | 18 comments I review historical fiction and mysteries on my website http://www.judithstarkston.com. I also write about Greek history, especially about Troy, the Hittite Empire, ancient women, and even the occasional recipe constructed out of ingredients available to the ancient Mediterranean world.

message 6: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (penewcomb) Greek history - very interesting. along with recipes. do you have a link?

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Hi! My name is Patricia and I review various book genres. I just began blogging this past July (2011), but was out of circulation for about six weeks end of August through September. This means I have a backlog of books to review, so at present I am not taking on any new books, until I attempt to meet my previous commitments.

Down the road, I think my theme will tend to Spiritual and Inspirational Books.

You are welcome to visit my blog. I just posted a Mystery Review that you might enjoy!

https://thejoyofthewrittenword.wordpr...

Read and Enjoy!

Patricia

message 8: by Judith (last edited Oct 22, 2011 08:27AM) (new)

Judith Starkston | 18 comments Priscilla wrote: "Greek history - very interesting. along with recipes. do you have a link?"

Here's the link to my site http://www.judithstarkston.com

The direct link to the lamb recipe is recipe

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Watkins (barbarawatkins) | 19 comments Anagha wrote: "I don't have a blog, but my book reviews go on Goodreads, Librarything, Amazon, and occasionally a McMillan online book group, Smashwords, the local library website, and B&N. I read almost anything..."

My novel, Hollowing Screams is due to be released October 31, 2011 in kindle, and a couple weeks later paperback. It is a paranormal/thriller. If interested I would love for you to read and review my work. I can send you a pdf galley now if interested.

message 10: by Judith (new)

Judith Starkston | 18 comments Kyle wrote: "Priscilla wrote: "Thanks, Judith!!!"

Looks delicious, Judith!"

If you cook it, you'll have to let me know if it works well for you. Writing recipes for other cooks is much more complicated than jotting down notes for myself. A couple people have said it came out beautifully, but I'm always interested.

message 11: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Something different!
I just posted a review to a cookbook!

"For Those About to Cook" by Bruce Moore

Please visit here:
http://thejoyofthewrittenword.wordpre...

Thank you!
Patricia

message 12: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 46 comments Congrats Patricia! I like that, you need to do more reviews.

Splitter

message 13: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
Patricia wrote: "Something different!

Please visit here:
http://thejoyofthewrittenword.wordpre......"

I just read the review; very nice. Definitely got me interested in the book.

message 14: by Patricia (new)

Patricia C.S. Splitter wrote: "Congrats Patricia! I like that, you need to do more reviews.

Splitter"

A.F. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "Something different!

Thank you, Splitter. I appreciate the encouragement you give me.
Thank you, A.F. The book itself really is a great read. Good to know you enjoyed my review.

Patricia

message 15: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 15 comments I post reviews on my blog: http://triciakristufek.wordpress.com

I read pretty much anything. I do have a queue, but if you'd like to be added, please send me a direct message.

message 16: by Christine (last edited Sep 01, 2013 10:17AM) (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I am a reviewer, writer, author, and reader.

Last month, I started writing and publishing reviews for every book I read, whether the review is requested of me or the book is of my choosing. I have published five reviews so far and most of them can be found on my author blog.

I write reviews for authors in exchange for a kindle copy or print copy of the book. I do not charge. I will write a review for almost any genre. Just ask!

message 17: by Sterling (new)

Sterling Gate Books (sterlinggatebooks) | 17 comments Hi

My son James Morcan and I have co-authored two new release novels we seek reviews for. Both have already appeared on Amazon’s bestseller lists in their respective ebook kindle categories.

One of these, an international thriller titled The Ninth Orphan, recently held the #1 ranking for one full week. In December, it was at #3 on Amazon’s ‘Movers & Shakers’ site for the biggest gainers for all books in its Kindle Store in the previous 24hrs.

How do you catch a man who is never the same man twice? That is the question posed in The Ninth Orphan...

An orphan grows up to become an assassin for a highly secretive organization. When he tries to break free and live a normal life, he is hunted by his mentor and father figure, and by a female orphan he spent his childhood with. On the run, the mysterious man's life becomes entwined with his beautiful French-African hostage and a shocking past riddled with the darkest of conspiracies is revealed.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0056I4FKC

Our second book, a historical adventure-romance titled Fiji, is set in 19th Century Fiji. It is “a spellbinding novel of adventure, cultural misunderstandings, religious conflict and sexual tension set in one of the most exotic and isolated places on earth”.

In the mid-1800's, Fiji was a melting pot of cannibals, warring native tribes, sailors, traders, prostitutes, escaped convicts and all manner of foreign undesirables. It's in this hostile environment in our story that an innocent young Englishwoman and a worldly American adventurer find themselves. Despite their differences, there’s an undeniable chemistry between them. When their lives are suddenly endangered by marauding cannibals, they are forced to rely on each other for their very survival.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057YCZM0/

Let me know if you are interested in reviewing either, or both, of these predominantly 5-star reviewed novels. If you are, and are willing to post your reviews on Amazon, Goodreads (and anywhere else you see fit), I’ll be happy to email the downloadable ebook version to you.

Best from New Zealand

Lance Morcan
sterlinggatebooks@gmail.com

message 18: by Judith (new)

Judith Starkston | 18 comments I just ran across Rebecca Cantrell’s mysteries set in Berlin in the 1930’s. The first is A Trace of Smoke. Great historical detail and engaging plot. Not a typical WWII book, but definitely a good find for anyone interested in the lead up to WWII. Hannah Vogel, a crime reporter, wanders into the Hall of the Unnamed Dead to examine the police reports from which she gathers her stories each week. Instead she sees her brother’s photograph on the wall. But her identity papers, and with them her ability to talk to the police, are on their way to America in the hands of her Jewish friend Sarah. That’s how it opens, but the twists keep coming. My review.

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherlmurphy) I do occasional book reviews on my blog, among other things. I prefer to read romance and contemporary fiction http://randominteruptions.blogspot.com/

message 20: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Hi

I've just started my blog for my writing & book reviews, http://crystalwriterak.wordpress.com/

I want to start to read all genres of stories. So if I can be of assistance to someone.

message 21: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 26 comments Hi guys!

I read and review pretty much anything with words :)

I review on GR, Amazon, Smashwords (if I got the book through them) and also on my blog (www.coffee2words.wordpress.com) I try to read and review a lot of indie authors (currently the top 45 or so on my TBR are mostly indie authors).

I have previously interviewed indie authors, I've also posted shout outs to authors I particularly enjoy. I don't really have review guidelines in terms of accepting more books, as I'm ok to read anything.

The only thing I will say, if you would like me to review your books, you'll be in for a bit of a wait, but I WILL review it! That's a promise!

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 88 comments (Re message 23) Lynxie, I think you're already doing an author spotlight and interview of me at some point, but if you're up for reviewing my new novel Wander Home, I'd be delighted!

Wander Home by Karen A. Wyle

Lynxie wrote: "Hi guys!

I review on GR, Amazon, Smashwords (if I got the book through them) and also on my blog (www.coffee2words.wordpress.com) I try to re..."

message 23: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 26 comments Hi Karen,

Yep that's right, we did the author spotlight and then an interview with you on my blog :D

I've added Wander Home to my TBR list, things are slowing down in terms of my reading at the moment (NaNoing) but I'd be happy to read and review it Karen. It's currently #50 on my list :)

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 88 comments (Re message #25) Yay! Thanks, Lynxie! (50 will become 49, then 48, then . . .)

Lynxie wrote: "Hi Karen,

Yep that's right, we did the author spotlight and then an interview with you on my blog :D

I've added Wander Home to my TBR list, things are slowing down in terms of my reading at the m..."

message 25: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 26 comments Too true! Only being 13 books away from my reading goal of 110 books this year, and I've already decided on my reading goal for 2013, another 100 again, I should get to it in no time :D

message 26: by Dean (new)

Dean MacAllister (deanmacallister) The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller by Dean MacAllister
The Misadventures of a Reluctant Traveller
Always looking for honest reviews. Contact me personally for free review copies.

message 27: by Sammi (new)

Sammi (Sammi-N) | 8 comments Im a reviewer. My blog is about 2 weeks old and i mainly review new & budding authors as i know its sometimes hard getting the ball rolling.

http://lilythenovelnerd.wordpress.com/

I'm also very honest with my reviews :)

message 28: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (knightmist) | 2 comments My name is Shawn Micallef and I go by the handle Knightmist when I do my book reviews. I have a blot http://knightmist.wordpress.com/ where I not only do book reviews but other things as well.

I share some of my short story writings, life events and an occasional Movie review may pop up on the blog. I try to get a post out every week.

I accept ebooks or physical copies of a book. To be honest I prefer physical copies but I'll take whatever an author is willing to send. If anyone is interested there is contact information on my blog or you can send me a not here.

The one thing about my reviews is not only do I put it on my blog but I will also post to Amazon. The key thing to note is that my reviews are meant to help build interest in a book. It's not written to say it's not worth reading, or if I disliked the book but more on getting a person to read the book.

Shawn

One additional note I realize a lot of the books on my blog are horror/supernatural related but I will read anything.

message 29: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 88 comments Shawn, I'd love to have you review any of these books:

--Twin-Bred, a SF novel asking: can interspecies diplomacy begin in the womb?

--Reach, the sequel to Twin-Bred, with an official release date of May 23rd, but already available on Smashwords; or

--Wander Home, a family drama with mystery and romance elements, set in a re-imagined afterlife.

I can provide coupon codes or ebook files for any of these.

message 30: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 26 comments Oh Shawn, you should totally take Karen up on her offer. Twin-Bred was complex but a completely amazing story and Wander Home was a good, fun book to read.

Reach is on my TBR list too... just to find the time to read all those books!! :D

message 31: by Shawn (new)

Shawn (knightmist) | 2 comments Lynxie wrote: "Oh Shawn, you should totally take Karen up on her offer. Twin-Bred was complex but a completely amazing story and Wander Home was a good, fun book to read.

Reach is on my TBR list too... just to ..."

I actually sent her an email through her website as I am interested. Twin-Bred looks interesting from the information I saw on the book. :)

message 32: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Hunt (staceytianna) | 5 comments Hello! I'm Stacey T. Hunt, and am currently looking for reviews for my new sci-fi/action-adventure/fantasy/YA/Romance book, The Prophecy. It has a little bit of everything, but is mostly sci-fi and fantasy. Here's the info:

Description: In this exciting adventure, a deadly group of terrorists known as The Predatorials rise under the command of their leader, Zorgoth, who has a deadly goal and an enigmatic apprentice by the name of Zorren whom he is enrolling in King Casimir's School, of which students who attend have a chance to become the next ruler of Planet Cascade. The world hangs in the balance as a torn Cascada must choose who to save -- her best friend, Meldon, from falling into the darkness and joining the shadowy divison of the Predatorials, or Zorren, after he won her heart. He's the mysterious new guy with a dark power and devious ties to Zorgoth.

Recommended ages: 13 and up

Goodreads Link: The Prophecy

If anyone is interested, message me for my email address and I'll send you a free copy:) I appreciate your ratings and reviews!

The Prophecy (Cascade Adventures, #0.5) by Stacey T. Hunt The Prophecy (Cascade Adventures, #0.5) by Stacey T. Hunt The Prophecy (Cascade Adventures, #0.5) by Stacey T. Hunt

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura Greenwood I accept review request for my blog; http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I read pretty much any genre, but at the moment am particularly into fantasy and dystopian fiction (though this is in no way limiting!)

If you want me to take a look at doing a review for you, please don't hesitate to email me at laura.bookreviewer@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Laura

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

@Laura, just e-mailed you :)

message 35: by Robert (new)

Robert (robertdownsbooks) | 36 comments I started my book review blog a couple of months ago. It's so new that it probably still has a bit of polish on it. The list of genres that I don't typically review is quite a bit smaller than the list of the ones that I do. If you're interested, you can find it here: Robert's Reads

message 36: by Kasey (last edited Nov 18, 2013 12:56AM) (new)

Kasey Cocoa (kaseycocoa) | 1 comments I have a blog devoted to books here.
I read just about anything except gay/lesbian romance. It's still a young blog with just over 100 followers. Before you consider asking me to review your book please ensure it's been edited. Thanks.

message 37: by Candace (new)

Candace (cani-jo) | 1 comments Hey everyone! I am currently looking for some reviews for my book Vivatera, a YA Fantasy. It's just a great adventure with magic thrown in. Lots of fun.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

This book just won novel of the year for the League of Utah Writers and needs some publicity. Let me know if you're interested.

message 38: by Marshall (new)

Marshall Best | 4 comments ♥ ℒily wrote: "Im a reviewer. My blog is about 2 weeks old and i mainly review new & budding authors as i know its sometimes hard getting the ball rolling.

http://lilythenovelnerd.wordpress.com/

I'm also very ..."

Lilly,
Would love it if you would be interested in reviewing any of my books. I have an e-book of five short childrens stories and four books in a nine book epic fantasy series. Let me know if you would be interested. I've listed them below.

Thanks so much!

The Princess Meredith Bedtime Tales
Guiamo, Cumoro,
Morlanos and Inis Emain Ablach

message 39: by Marshall (new)

Marshall Best | 4 comments Robert wrote: "I started my book review blog a couple of months ago. It's so new that it probably still has a bit of polish on it. The list of genres that I don't typically review is quite a bit smaller than the ..."

Robert,
I'd be pleased if you would be interested in reviewing any of the Guiamo Chronicles, epic fantasy books or The Princess Meredith Bedtime Tales. I've listed each book in the fantasy series below. There will be nine books in all. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Marshall

Guiamo, Cumoro, Morlanos, & Inis Emain Ablach.

message 40: by C.F. (new)

C.F. Waller I am a new, self published author looking to garner some reviews on Amazon /Goodreads for my books.

Would you care to swap/exhange reviews on yor book/books?

Message me back if your interested. Free copies of my ook/books available to anyone who wnats one.

Contact me via messahe here or at CFWALLER24@gmail.com

Amazon e book links on my web page CFWALLER.com

thanks

C.F. WALLER

message 41: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Cross | 7 comments Hi all!

I published my first book, Robocopter Ski Patrol, in March and I'm looking for anyone who would be willing to read and review it. I can provide a free PDF copy to anyone, so don't hesitate to let me know!

Aaron

message 42: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (kuukisu) | 2 comments Hello all! I'm looking for reviewers for Angela Kulig's Pigments Of My Imagination. It is a gripping supernatural love story and very unique. If you are interested in reading and writing a review for Goodreads and Amazon, just let me know! Thank you!

message 43: by Subhajit (new)

Subhajit Ganguly (SubhajitGanguly) | 3 comments Hi,
I'll be giving out free ebooks (pdf or epub) in exchange of reviews for my book: A World Named Utopia: Will He Be Able to Save Himself and His Utopia? Call Of The Lost Ages - A Study Of The Indus Valley Script and more...Find more at: http://subhajitgangulyauthor.wordpres...

Do feel free to contact me at: gangulysubhajit63 at gmail dot com

message 44: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 23 comments My NEW wordpress blog is up and running. It is entirely devoted to children's books. I have picture book reviews, tips on writing for children, tips on reading to/with children, contests, and more. Follow me here or ask for a picture book review. http://bferrante.wordpress.com/

message 45: by Travelin (new)

Travelin | 2 comments If you write comedy, have never been called a Yank, and have a free sample which needs readers, why don't you come over to my page some time?

Well, it's not really my page, Goodreads is just letting me squat at an account to keep notes on publishing domination.

message 46: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Hi everyone. I am a voracious reader and had been one since as long as I remember.

I have recently started blogging and am absolutely loving it. I am open to all kinds of books but refrain from too much violence or horror
Do check out my book reviews at http://www.bubblews.com/account/45615...

I also blog on various topics. You can check out the same at http://www.nairdevis.wordpress.com

message 47: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 15 comments Lynxie wrote: "Hi guys!

I review on GR, Amazon, Smashwords (if I got the book through them) and also on my blog (www.coffee2words.wordpress.com) I try to re..."

Hi, Lynxie. Would you be interested in reviewing a fun, light-hearted mystery book featuring a clever canine detective as the main character? Let me know and I can send you the mobi, epub or pdf version of the book. Thanks very much.

Here it is.

The Mattress Affair (Flint and Steele Mysteries, #1) by Cheryl Landmark

message 48: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 15 comments Aileen wrote: "Hi

I've just started my blog for my writing & book reviews, http://crystalwriterak.wordpress.com/

I want to start to read all genres of stories. So if I can be of assistance to someone."

Hi, Aileen. Would you be interested in reviewing a fun, light-hearted mystery book featuring a clever canine detective as the main character? Let me know and I can send you the mobi, epub or pdf version of the book. By the way, would you also post the review on Goodreads? Thanks very much.

Here it is.

The Mattress Affair (Flint and Steele Mysteries, #1) by Cheryl Landmark

message 49: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie | 26 comments Cheryl wrote: "Lynxie wrote: "Hi guys!

I review on GR, Amazon, Smashwords (if I got the book through them) and also on my blog (www.coffee2words.wordpress.c..."

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately at the moment I'm not taking anymore review requests. I have a bit of a backlog (over 30!)

All the best with your book

message 50: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 15 comments Lynxie wrote: "Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for asking. Unfortunately at the moment I'm not taking anymore review requests. I have a bit of a backlog (over 30!)

All the best with your book"

Not a problem, Lynxie. If you ever want to review it some time in the future, just let me know. Good luck with your backlog! :)

« previous 1