Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Graphic Novels > Scott Pilgrim

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) With the movie coming out and all I wanted to read Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley to get a little taste of it before my sweetie and I went to see it.

I really enjoyed this book and I want to read the rest of them, but they'll have to wait until after I've seen the movie, so I hope I'll still enjoy them as much.

I love how Scott Pilgrim is kind of geeky and backward, and yet is portrayed as this really cool dude. People don't have to be one or the other, you know? I like the drawing style as well. I love that there's even chord changes in the band's song, so you can play along!

Anyone else have thoughts?

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) Loved, loved, loved, loved, loved the movie. Can't wait to read the rest of the graphic novels. I've never been happier with a screen adaptation of book. They did an excellent job, lifting a lot of dialog and framing directly from the pages. My sweetie says there's enough different about the books though that I would still enjoy reading them, even knowing the outcome of the story line.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) I realize I'm just talking to myself here, but I just read book two: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Also an excellent read. :)

message 4: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Saw the movie and it was fabulous! Are the books as awesome?

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) YES! -- more so, even. I highly recommend. I think this is one of those rare situations where the printed material and the movie are equally as awesome.

message 6: by Kellyflower (last edited Jan 18, 2011 09:07AM) (new)

Kellyflower | 136 comments My husband I couldn't make it past the second fight scene in the movie. I thought we would have enjoyed it more then others because we actually grew up with all those video games that played like that, but it was just too odd for me to enjoy it.

I had wondered if the graphic novels read the same way as teh movie played out.

message 7: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 82 comments haha I laughed through Scott Pilgram vs the World. I was really impressed by the Asian actress. I need to look up her name I hope she does more movies

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) Knives is one of my favorite characters.