SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > Harry Potter!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I thought I'd have to start this thread somewhere...

I know that a load of you love the Harry Potter series, so why not chat about it.

Hi, my name is Niecole and I'm a Harry Potter freak.
I have all the books, have read them all a couple of time and I love them! Compared to the Twilight Saga I love Harry Potter much more! The antisipation for one of JK Rowlings books to come out was always such fun!

And I cant wait to go see the movie!!!!
So what are your views? Do you love the books? The movies? Who do you love in the books? Talk about anything

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
As I'm sure some of you know I am a fellow Harry Potter crazy person! In fact that's how I met Niecole (more I won't say cause you guys might laugh :P )

I have the books / dvds / action figure / wands / time turners.... i could go on :P

Oh and for my 21st Birthday my boyfriend and Lauren F got me a Harry Potter ice-cream cake :)

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod
How did this topic get to be third from the top in our discussion page!!?? You know I only put up with Harry Potter on birthdays and religious holidays! :P

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod
And when I go to my happy place- Lu you know what I mean ;)

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Lol yea, thank you for putting up with it :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Lauren, sorry, I just thought that seeing as a few of the members who introduced themselves like Harry Potter I would post it early in the the discussion page so they might see it and we could get more active memebers :)...

Lu, yeah I think its best that no one knows exactly how we me hehe...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Who of you are looking forward to seeing the movie? Have you hear any rumours about it? Do tell...

message 8: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments I only watched the 1st and 2nd movie. Which one are they busy with now?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The 7th :)
I've read all the books a couple of times, and I'm a big fan. The last book has been turned into a movie now, and I cant wait to see it!

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
The trailer is the best!!!

message 11: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments I didn't enjoy the movies, sadly they let me down so I think I'll stick to the books. Unless my sister makes me go for it again :?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

They let you down? Ah well the books are pretty good.
I can kind of relate. The book has lots of detail that the movie lets out. Thats another reason why the last book is being made into two movies, there is just to much detail they HAD to put in.

message 13: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniqueurbanisedgeek) I want to reread them for the challenges. It's due! I also love Harry Potter and miss the wait for the lastest book.

message 14: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Heheh yea I'm also re-reading them for the challenge, but only 4-7 :) I read 1-3 not long ago again :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to read 7 before seeing the movie, love doing that...

Any ideas for other books that can count for both challenges? I've got so many challenges to find books for now lol

message 16: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniqueurbanisedgeek) Mythical creature on cover for book five, maybe? :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Monique :)
I'm thinking of using Laurens Idea of making a spreadsheet to see what books can go where.... a real mission this is hehe

message 18: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Oh Niecole! Check out my cover challenge I have some harry books that match some tasks :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! I'll do that...

So when does all the challenges start? Is there a thread that says when what starts? Espesially the Hoarders challenge?

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Harry Potter and the 5 themed challenges started on 1 November :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Lauren :)
I'm getting really confused hehe

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Ja, it does get a bit much.