Artemis masterminds discussion

The Last Book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 111 comments Mod
Okay. Eoin Colfer says that the next book. The eight book will be the last. Which frankly makes me happy. All series need an ending.

How will it end?

message 2: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 308 comments Mod
NOO!!! Only one more? That sucks.

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Lol. I like the series ending. I didn't want it to be Magic Treehouse or other series that go on forever.

message 4: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Yeah, but I was hoping for a few more. Oh well, rereading them is completly worth it.

message 5: by Brianne (new)

yeah.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 12 comments I hope it will end well here is my idea: and Holly and Artemis get married have a half fairy child and live happily ever:)

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) That would be cool!

TheDigressiveApproach if that happens I am so gonna kill myself

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) :P Lol!

message 11: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Same, Venny. Art and Holly are a nice fantasy, but it'll never happen.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan D. | 7 comments they would make a really cute couple!

message 13: by Carlee Jane (new)

Carlee Jane (chycebelle) Well, the title offers some speculation: The Last Guardian. The last guardian of what? I'm guessing it refers to Artemis, considering. I have no doubt that the Opals will be back - it's a loose end that needs tying up. Colfer will find a way to tie up whatever Arty and Holly have, I'm sure, but I'm not sure how he'll do it. I'm really excited for this last one; yes, it'll be sad to be done, but this series needs a conclusion. Plus, that doesn't mean he'll be done writing! He has a new series with an assassin character that I'm sure will be equally fantastic as Artemis, if only in a different way :)

message 14: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments YES! OPAL MY FAV PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TheDigressiveApproach wait there's a new book coming out? WHEENNN????!!

message 16: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments I THOUGHT THE ALANTIS COMPLEX WAS THE LAST HERE I'LL CHECK THE WEBSITE.........it DOES NOT say anything about a new book!!!!!!

message 17: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

HEH?!

message 18: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

OHMIGOD I NEVER SAW THAT THE TITLE WAS RELEASED!

message 19: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments it's not my mom works at a book store...

message 20: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

It is, check GR. The title, not the book.

message 21: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments OH OK THE TITLE BUT MY MOM GET ADVANCED READER COPIES SO SHE CAN REVIEW BOOK AND SORRY ABOUT CAPS that's better but it is a pretty Bbig title so she probably won't get one of them but i'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
What are your guys's opinions on ARCs? I've heard some people are opposed to them because it's not fair for some people to have select access, and it allows people to critique drafts that the author(s)/editor(s) aren't done with yet, giving the audience inappropriate reviews based on unfinished works. Plus, some people with ARCs leak details and most authors hate that.
On the positive side, it's awesome for the people who get them and gives fans more information, though some of it may be inaccurate.
So, what do you think?

message 23: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Hm. I personally like them--I get a funny, happy feeling when I get my hands on one (very, very, very rare) but at the same time, I sometimes feel dissapointed about a certain point, and then never read the final book, not realizing that the author has changed that part.

message 24: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments k...................

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather (ninjarian) We still have another stinkin year before they bring the last book out. I hate to wait.
I'm more interested to see how they develop No 1. He's this fairy being with immense and untold powers.
...and quite frankly I was bored with Atlantis Complex. They messed with Artemis Fowl characteristics too much I think.

message 26: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments *they* meaning Eoin Colfer the genius himself????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you dare to doubt his wonderful ability to write!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? JK

message 27: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Mm...Atlantis Complex was ok.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (ninjarian) Don't get me wrong! I love his series. Their incredible! But Atlantis Complex was...a little bit less incredible. I missed the old, chip on his shoulder but turning into a softie Artemis. Not some fruitcake-romancer alter ego. lol

TheDigressiveApproach Heather wrote: " Not some fruitcake-romancer alter ego. lol"

completely agree with you...Arty in Book3 was the BEESSTT!!

message 30: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments he turns into a fruitcake???? jk

message 31: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments he was all mushy then but he was all business it was like he was two people

message 32: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments i loved it!

TheDigressiveApproach just cut the mushy part and I'm fine with the rest...oh and cut the Artholly romance crap too

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather (ninjarian) I'm with you on that one Venny! Seriously..where does he hope to go with it though??

message 35: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Please, I want some real action.

message 36: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments oh calm down i think he's just trying to keep the book realistic and the characters developed

message 37: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I ♥ Artemis Fowl and Airman! (new)

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 90 comments Mod
I told my sister about the Artholly romance (She's only read the first one.) and she thought it was disgusting. Since Holly is really old. (Even if she doesn't look like it.)

TheDigressiveApproach It's not just the age
there are TWO DIFFERENT SPECIES for god's sake! :P

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, the only way a romance would fit. Is if there was a totally random girl, in the next book.

message 40: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Haha those are some pretty good points. I'm still an Artholly shipper though. :D

message 41: by ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫, I ♥ Artemis Fowl and Airman! (new)

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 90 comments Mod
Me too. And besides, how many different species type romances have you ever read? Because I've read quite a few. :D

message 42: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments and they were all still good books right?

TheDigressiveApproach I dunno I guess you guys have a point I haven't read many romances of the type... about 3 max

but it still kinda gets on my nerves, some stubborn instinct of mine I guess

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be nice for holtimis to work out, but I don't think thats gonna happen, and that would probably take away some of the plot, not add to it

TheDigressiveApproach lol holtimis nice I likes that

and I agree with you about the plot bit

message 46: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments venny is your pro pic zuko from avatar?

TheDigressiveApproach yesss!!! someone realises!
yup that's Zuko man... Avatar is one of the best cartoons I've ever watched

message 48: by Jelimo (new)

Jelimo kaitany | 50 comments omg!!!! i'm a katara geek!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

same here!! although aang kind of freaks me out. I mean, he's like 5 years younger than katara and yet she LIKES him.

message 50: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Jelimo wrote: "omg!!!! i'm a katara geek!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Katara rules!! I was Katara for Halloween and I made up my own waterbending move. Water is the best!!

« previous 1