Realm Role Play discussion

Roleplays > Dark Fantasy Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 230 (230 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Michael Dolan | 1272 comments Mod
You all knew it had to come. You have all probably realized that I have a passion for dark settings. So here it is. My dark little world. Probably kind of a grim story, as you probably guessed.

message 2: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (last edited Aug 19, 2010 07:55AM) (new)

"Gah!" Wraith screamed, bolting upright from yet another night of fitful sleep. Without a conscious thought, he scanned the area around him, fearful of those horrible eyes. Satisfied by the absence of that sickly glow, he rose anyway. He wanted to move. This place reeked of the aftershock of the deeds done here. Even psychically insensitive as he was, he was spooked staying here. He allowed himself a smirk of irony. He was one of the most feared warriors in the region. And here he was jumping at shadows. He put the thought from his head. Gathering his meager possessions, he set out through the night.

message 3: by Maralune (new)

Maralune | 1144 comments Mod
Shavra kept to the shadows as she made her way along the dark road. Busy people bustled past, distracted and focused but none noticed the dark figure that huddled in the dark. She closed her eyes tight, wishing she were soewhere else. She needed money.

message 4: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Teivo gawked at the large city that towered above his small form, there were so many people, at least twenty times more than the people back home at the Temple... He shook his head and cleared his throat thinking about how to go about entering a city... he was only seventeen... how in the world could he help fifty evil people when there were so many that needed help? The young priest sighed and began pacing back and forth across the front gate, thinking about the assignment he was given.

message 5: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Wraith wandered into the late hours of the night and the dark following midnight... he couldn't sleep anyway. He might as well make headway. He had seen the eerie glow from the distance as though a great fire burned; But he was still surprised to see a large city looming when he crested a hill. There were scattered travelers on the road, but they made way for him. He frightened them, he thought with a smirk. He strode determinedly through them, taking in the strange, almost carnival aspect of it, despite the hour. Despite himself, he was surprised at the number of thieves, whores, and murderers out at this hour.

(looks like we three shouldn't have too much trouble meeting)

message 6: by Maralune (new)

Shavra moved along the streets. She needed fresh air. She made her way out of the city. On the main road leading away she saw a group of men watching her.
The nearest called out to her. "Hey precious! Want to have some fun?"
Shavra shivered as the man spoke. This reminded her too much of past events. She kept her head down and ignored the man. She kept walking.
As she passed the man reached out and grabbed her arm. "Hey I was speaking to you!"
Shavra tried to pull away but his grip was strong. "Please. Let me go!" She said, her voice shaking slightly.
"aww we just want to have a little fun, don't we boys?" The men around chorused their agreement. She now realised they had formed a circle around her.
She shrank in fear as they approached.

message 7: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Wraith noticed a crowd of men surrounding an attractive girl on the side of the road. He wasn't one to intervene, usually. Something beyond his consciousness pulled him to it. His bloodstained shroud wrapping his body and concealing his half-drawn sword, he approached quickly. He invoked his natural talents of intimidation as his sword hissed from its sheath. "Looks like a bit of sport." His bloody gaze on the gang conveyed his double meaning.

message 8: by Maralune (new)

The men took one look at the man and laughed. "Just one of you?"
He turned to his friends. "Think your soo scary? Well this is our whore. Go find your own." He turned back on Shavra.

message 9: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(but... my fear... lol) Wraith's thirsty shard of steel lashed at the man's sweaty neck. A spray of blood was all the warning the others had. With a wicked chuckle, his sword danced faster than the others could follow. Two more fell at his feet, without Wraith stepping. His eyes were wide and intense. For the sake of mere spite, he stepped calmly towards the remaining two, fires blazing in his pale eyes.

message 10: by Maralune (new)

Shavra cried out as the first man fell. She huddled in terror as the men died around her. This man was not to be messed with.

message 11: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Wraith savored the feel of his blade whistling through the bodies of those craven men. He felt the pure emotional release that only death could provide. The only time he felt at peace was amidst chaos and destruction. Absently, he struck down the last man. The poor wretch fell to his knees, not slain by the initial cutting motion. They locked eyes for a moment, frightened, beady, dark eyes and the livid, pale and oddly detached eyes of the victor. With a deliberate motion and a great sensation of power, he performed the killing blow, nearly splitting the man down the center. his gruesome sport attended to, he sheathed his sword without wiping the blood from it. Every time he drew it, it was clean and polished. It seemed to enjoy blood. His face turned to the cowering woman. He said nothing, but tilted his head slightly in inquiry.

message 12: by Maralune (new)

When the man sheathed the sword she let out a sigh. he was not here to kill her. But he still might be harmful. The horror of the bloodshed around her was too much and she knew she couldn't stay here long.
"Thank you." She said hesitantly.

message 13: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

He remained silent, but inclined his head slightly. His dark dreams always had the weakest hold on him after he had taken lives. "You should watch more closely. This place seems dangerous." His voice was soaked with irony.

message 14: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((i wonder if i should hop onto this rp as well..))

message 15: by Maralune (new)

"Dangerous is only a term used for murderers and dogs." She was regaining her nerve. "I am neither." She choked as she looked at the men. "Forgive me. I must leave." She bundled herself away from the bodies of the fallen men. She couldn't breathe.

message 16: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(If you're even slightly active, I would. You seem to have a flair for dark stories too)

message 17: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((i feel in a pirate-y mood. haha, lets see where this goes. Off to make my character!))

message 18: by Maralune (new)

((YAY!! more people!))

message 19: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(How are we going to get them to travel together without violating our character concepts?)

message 20: by Maralune (new)

(( who knows. She is interested in him but also afraid.))

message 21: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Truly, are you not? Have you never taken a life? No matter. I believe that I will travel through this city, and I would appreciate whatever company I may find." Without a further word, he fell into step beside her.

message 22: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((haha, character is made. shall she step out of a bar or something and run into the pair?))

message 23: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Sure. I figure that due to the wide range of weird people, it's not implausible that the lot of us would meet up.)

message 24: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments Jackie stepped out of the inn, cracking her blood-stained knuckles in delight. That would be the last time someone messed with her in this town. She gave a grin of approval and stepped onto the road, nearly knocking into Wraith.

message 25: by Maralune (new)

Shavra was uneasy about him accompanying her but she said nothing. "No I have not taken a life. And I don't wish to.

message 26: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (last edited Aug 20, 2010 04:50PM) (new)

"You might better watch where you walk, lady." He said coldly, angered at the woman's carelessness.

(confrontation, lol)

message 27: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments "It's not quite my fault you were in my way," she snapped back.

message 28: by Maralune (new)

((oops didn't notice you posted.
))

message 29: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((haha, tis fine))

message 30: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"This matters nothing to me. Now if you would step aside so I may move through..." he edged foreword.

message 31: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments "Not until you apologize, sir," she said, her words dripping with poison. Her eyes flashed; she didn't like to be upstood by anyone.

message 32: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Wraith's eyebrow raised skeptically, accompanied by a mocking and disbelieving smirk. The steel of his eyes dared her to enforce it. He was already prepared for a confrontation; His fist clenched at his side, hidden by the folds of his tabard.

message 33: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((how are you on the idea of firearms? or are they taboo?))

She met his smirk with one of her own and her hand went instinctively to the sheath of her scimitar.

message 34: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(Rare but existent? What do you think?)
"No." he said softly, with a near perfect imitation of a genuinely loving smile. Perhaps it was unwise, but he enjoyed provoking people who didn't treat him with the respect due to someone with his power.

message 35: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((sounds good))
"What was that?" she asked, acting as if she hadn't heard him.

message 36: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Alright." he spat, feigning apology. His hand shot out more swiftly than a natural being could manage and gripped her throat, beginning to force her aside.

(Is she going to pull a gun, or a sword?)

message 37: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((i'll say gun for now))

A split second afterwards, she had her pistol out with the barrel pressed against his temple. She smiled politeley as she heard the satisfying click of it being loaded. "Aye, I think you'll be letting go now, hm?"

message 38: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Even if you do shoot me, it will be the last thing you ever do." he promised, tightening his grip on her throat. He ignored the shock of his temporary traveling companion. His eyes were intense and almost mad. "Are you sure you want to risk it?"

(I resisted the urge to say "feelin' lucky, punk?")

message 39: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments Jasmine kept from trying to make choking noises, but she kept a smile on her face anyway. "I've always lived on the edge, mate; I don't think this would be the worst."

message 40: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"Fine." he abruptly shifted into a pushing motion with his hand, trying to move her out of his way.

message 41: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments "The name's Nightingale. Jackie Nightingale. If that don't ring a bell, then I feel sorry for you," she chuckled, discarding her pistol onto her belt, and making her merry way into another inn. It was time for another drink and perhaps a game of Spades.

message 42: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Wraith watched her go without recognition, though he didn't show it. He realized then, that he didn't have anywhere to go. Were he in private, he may have allowed himself a tear at his emptiness. Damn it, he didn't have time for this. He could easily have forgotten the woman standing near him.

message 43: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((ooh, intrigue. but now, what shall happen?))

message 44: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

(I don't know... Huh. Any cool backstory that should be addressed?) "Alright girl. You can follow me if you want, but it might be dangerous. Good luck." he forced his way through the crowd as quickly as he could. He suddenly felt claustrophobic. All of it pushed in, pushed down, constricted him. He fell to the ground with a scream, drawing stares from the people around him. What was happening? "Get out of my head!" he screamed with his dry voice.

message 45: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments ((not sure, but i'll have a scene))

Jasmine leaned back on the keg that she had seated herself on, her feet propped on the table in front of her as she scanned the cards in her hand. With a triumphant grin she slapped the cards onto the table.
"I think I win," she boasted, sliding the money on the table into her pockets.
"We just let you off easy, Jack," one of the other card players mumbled, throwing his cards down in disgust.
"And why is that?" she asked, narrowing her eyes.
"'Cause youre a woman," he answered and the others mumbled something in agreement.
"Oh, I see what you mean," she hissed, then before he could dodge, she hooked him in teh face with her fist. There was a loud crunch and he fell back, blood running down his face from his nose. She picked him up by his collar and threw him onto a nearby table, splitting it in two and sending the beer mugs on it flying.

message 46: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

with a breathless gasp, he threw himself up from the ground. Wraith dashed through the congested streets, punching down anyone in his path. He didn't care. He had to get out. Anywhere. He sidestepped a large man and shuffled into a dark, dismal looking place. A few bony men sat at a dirty bar, and standing over a fallen man on a broken table was... damn it. He didn't care enough to go back to the street; He didn't bother to see if the girl had followed him. He slid into a table in the corner.

message 47: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments Jackie didn't notice Wraith's entrance. Her energy was focused on the man in front of her. She pressed her boot on his chest. "Now what was it that you said about women?" she asked, digging her heel into his ribs.
"Nothing, ma'am, nothing at all," he said quickly, his voice clogged from the blood in his nose.
She smiled in satisfaction. "Aye, thats what I thought," she said, then headed over to the bar.

message 48: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

Wraith cringed when a mob of at least seven or eight men entered the bar. Damn, one had seen him. He slowly rose as they locked eyes with him. He was glad he wasn't wearing armor. It would slow him.

message 49: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 1110 comments Jackie turned with a questioning look on her face as she saw who entered the bar. She almost smiled when she saw who they were confronting. Quickly, she went to Wraith's side and faced the mob.
"Boys, boys, what seems to be the problem?" she asked.

message 50: by Michael, Illustrator. (Seriously, I'm happy to do commissions.) (new)

"The bastard punched me!" shouted on wiry man from the side. Wraith glared him into silence. A small knife slid into his hand. The crowd hesitated, and began foreword.

« previous 1 3 4 5