Lord of the Rings group discussion

Chat > Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 87 comments Mod
Just talk about whatever you want.

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 3 comments Ummmmmm, Hi?

message 3: by No One (new)

No One (baka) I'm talking about whatever I want.

message 4: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

lol hello

message 5: by Elizabeth (last edited Oct 28, 2010 01:31PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Hiya! My name is Elizabeth.

message 6: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Konnichiwa!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I guess that means hello? Or something. Lol. Hi.

message 8: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Actually, it means good afternoon. Hello.

message 9: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

yes yes it does hello

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) No One wrote: "Actually, it means good afternoon. Hello."

Well I know it meant something along those lines.
:D Hi Cody.

message 11: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

welcome to the group... can you invite anyone you know who like lord of the rings I kind of let this group die for a while....

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Sure, if you join these other LOTR groups. The Lord of the Rings Lovers and The Lord of the Rings Rocks.

message 13: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

I am part of quite a few groups already though let me leave a few groups first

message 14: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 06, 2010 08:45PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Ok. Yeah, I have to do the same. I usually leave ones that haven't had any activity in like months.

message 15: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

which one would you rather I join? I can join one for now and maybe the other later.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Um...the Lord of the Ring Lovers is more active, so I guess that one.

message 17: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

Okay I joined.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Thanks!

message 19: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

No problem. :)

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) :D

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) You should.

message 22: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 33 comments I'm in 6th grade and i just finished them.My sis is in gr 4 and shes reading them

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Welcome Jenna!

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Oh, cool! Glad to know you Jenna!

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Cool!

message 26: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 33 comments I love snow!!! My sister and me always build middle earth in the snow and use her mini ringette sticks to fight orcs ( which are actually snowmen) and it's so fun!!!!!

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Jenna wrote: "I love snow!!! My sister and me always build middle earth in the snow and use her mini ringette sticks to fight orcs ( which are actually snowmen) and it's so fun!!!!!"

Lol, thats awesome!

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, I had the powdery stuff, but the sticky kind is good for making snowman. :P

message 29: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 33 comments I know,I hate that powdery stuff!!

message 30: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 33 comments What's doctor who??

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Arwen wrote: "Who likes Doctor Who? I really like the Christmas Carol one"

My brother watches it all the time, but I've only seen a couple of them. Not enough to know what its about really.

message 32: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, I saw him, liked him.

message 33: by No One (new)

No One (baka) I feel like such a geek right now. I said a line from one of the LOTR movies, and when I was asked what I was talking about I stated that it was from LOTR with one of those snorts that geeks do ...

message 34: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 33 comments Haha!! You sound like me!!!

message 35: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments how many times have you all seen the movies? because i don't even know....

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Like five or more.

message 37: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

Ummm.... A lot.

message 38: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I don't usually watch the whole thing, I'll just watch my favorite parts. That way I'm not watching a movie for like three hours.

message 39: by Cody, Hir en Dagor (new)

I've watched all of the extended editions all the way through in a row before.

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I've only seen the first two. I own them, and I don't own the last extended one, so I haven't seen it.

message 41: by Sophie710 (last edited Mar 03, 2011 07:01PM) (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments Here's the weird thing. Before I saw them, my dad didn't do a good job explaining the movies, so I thought the Ring of Power was a big wooden ring on the ground that gave people power when they were in it. And I thought hobbits were 3 inch tall little blue people with big noses and Santa hats(don't ask me where I got that idea). Now I'm super obsessed with it. Also it took me to the 2nd time I watched Return of the King to figure out which was Merry and which was Pippin. Of course, now I know, but its funny to think about.

message 42: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I don't usually watch the whole thing, I'll just watch my favorite parts. That way I'm not watching a movie for like three hours."

yeah me too

message 43: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Sophie710 wrote: "Here's the weird thing. Before I saw them, my dad didn't do a good job explaining the movies, so I thought the Ring of Power was a big wooden ring on the ground that gave people power when they we..."

Lol, that's a funny idea.

message 44: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments Cody wrote: "I've watched all of the extended editions all the way through in a row before."

I want to do that!!!!! It takes like 10 hours though right?

message 45: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Sophie710 wrote: "Cody wrote: "I've watched all of the extended editions all the way through in a row before."

I want to do that!!!!! It takes like 10 hours though right?"

I think the extended version is about eleven and a half hours, plus you must have breaks between every movie.

message 46: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments WHOA

message 47: by No One (new)

No One (baka) I've done it more than once. I just can't watch one movie and then not the next. Besides, when you sit there and watch it for so long you will get a lot more tied to the movie.

message 48: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments yeah...I'll try that next time I have 11 1/2 hours to spare.
The 1st time I watched Return of the King (with my family) it took 3 nights, and at one point (in the middle of the battle of Pelenor Fields) my mom got a call. She paused it and she was talking for like 20 minutes, and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

message 49: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I've only seen the first two. I own them, and I don't own the last extended one, so I haven't seen it."

WHAT?????????????

message 50: by No One (new)

No One (baka) Sophie710 wrote: "yeah...I'll try that next time I have 11 1/2 hours to spare.
The 1st time I watched Return of the King (with my family) it took 3 nights, and at one point (in the middle of the battle of Pelenor ..."

Haha! That must've been irritating. Phones should be banned when you watch a movie. Especially when watching LOTR.

« previous 1