The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hi from Maryland

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trina (new)

Trina | 3 comments Hi everyone, my name is Trina and I'm from Maryland. I love to read just about every genre, but when I find myself not sure of what to read, I tend to go for something in the mystery or thriller section. Right now, I can't read nearly as much as I want because I work full time and I'm going to school for my masters. But after the end of this week, I will have a full three weeks from school work so I'm excited to catch up on some much needed reading.

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Trina. I know how hard it can be to squeeze in personal reading time with a busy schedule like yours. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) Hi, Trina! Hope you can read to your heart's content in your 3 wks off. Welcome to the group!!

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Aug 20, 2010 03:52PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 444 comments Hi, Trina, and welcome! The feeling of anticipation at the beginning of a vacation, particularly a long one, is unparalleled! I envy you, and hope you get in lots of good reading. Don't wait to get started!

message 5: by Trina (new)

Trina | 3 comments Thanks for the welcome! Yes, as soon as I finish this paper which is due in 3 hours, I will be free for the next couple of weeks to do as I please (other then of course going to work). But I am very excited to be spending my free time doing as I please instead of trying to decide whether or not I should read or actually do school work. I guess I should stop procrastinating and get back to this paper.....

message 6: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Trina. How'd the paper come out?

I'm just back from my vacation so I'm a little late in saying hello. Thanks for joining us and you can be sure that when you have free time you will always find something good to read here!

message 7: by Trina (new)

Trina | 3 comments Thanks for the welcome Hayes. The paper turned out pretty good. Got a B on it, which I think is pretty good considering I didn't start on it until the last moment. I'm enjoying my vacation, just not reading nearly as much as I thought I would.

message 8: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Well done!

...just not reading nearly as much as I thought I would.

I know that problem. Vegging out is good sometimes too!