Interracial and African American Paranormal discussion

A Novel Of the Darkyn > Darkyn novels by Lynn Viehl - SPOILERS AHEAD

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 200 comments I've read the first two. I love this series so far!

message 2: by Troysmom09 (new)

Troysmom09 | 103 comments DId you already do the challenge Deva? I am interested but have been hesitant....I read the first few pages on my kindle preview. I have been on the fence and to be honest her brother who is a priest and was "passing" kind of turned me off. Does it get a lot better? The preview stopped when she got a call from the Hero's secretary requesting her to come and see the client and she refused.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 200 comments Troysmom, the Darkyn is very dark and kind of twisted. Her brother is pretty tortured. I admit it's not light at all, but very compelling.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 200 comments Good question. I have some reading to do, apparently!

message 5: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) | 0 comments I read all of the books and the spin-off called Kyndred.

I don't know who Michael Cyprien is but I hope he is just a normal kyn. I don't necessarily like books that use historical figures. Lynn Viehl reeled me in on the sly.
However Micheal can't be Claude Monet because he was a Templar knight who fought in the crusades.

message 6: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) | 0 comments Well that will explain the Cyprian ( I have to look up the spelling). I plan to re-read If Angels Burn. Someone asked me about it and I was at a loss of trying to explain what the series was all about.
I looked on Lynn Viehl's website, I haven't seen the next Darkyn book, but I did see the next Kyndred.
Has anyone started the Kyndred series?

message 7: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) | 0 comments I don't think it has ended, I think Lynn Viehl used her creative license and started kyndred. She has done something like that before with her sci-fi series stardoc.
There were too many cliff hangers in the last Darkyn novel "Stay the Night"
John turned into kyn all by himself. It seems Luisa has a psychic ability and linked to him. I thought it was interesting that she brought her back. I had almost forgotten about her. Also it seems that Marian formerly known as the maid,is kyn and alive. Is it possible that she might be with the brotherhood?
What are the origins of the brotherhood and are they connected to the evil corporation in the kyndred series?
I don't think she is done with dakryn, I think it is possible she wants to get kyndred up and running before the next darkyn. The stardoc series is coming to an end.

message 8: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) | 0 comments I don't think it has ended, I think Lynn Viehl used her creative license and started kyndred. She has done something like that before with her sci-fi series stardoc.
There were too many cliff hangers in the last Darkyn novel "Stay the Night"
John turned into kyn all by himself. It seems Luisa has a psychic ability and linked to him. I thought it was interesting that she brought her back. I had almost forgotten about her. Also it seems that Marian formerly known as the maid,is kyn and alive. Is it possible that she might be with the brotherhood?
What are the origins of the brotherhood and are they connected to the evil corporation in the kyndred series?
I don't think she is done with dakryn, I think it is possible she wants to get kyndred up and running before the next darkyn. The stardoc series is coming to an end.

message 9: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) | 0 comments I knew it evil publishers strike again.

I hope she can free book or short story us on her website or google.

message 10: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere What website/blog did you find Lynn Viehl at? I looked online and didn't see anything?

message 11: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Thanks Deva!