Love Inspired Books discussion

The Story Behind Hometown Proposal by Merrillee Whren

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Hometown Proposal by Whren, Merrillee

Hometown Proposal is the second book in my Kellerville series, which takes place in a small fictional town in southwestern Ohio. I started this series because my husband and I met and married in the area near Cincinnati, Ohio. Our two daughters were born while we lived in a small town about fifty miles from Cincinnati. One of my writing goals is to set at least one story in each state where I have lived. The Kellerville books are my Ohio stories. Because Kellerville is a make-believe town, it is a composite of several small towns near Cincinnati.

The first book in the series, Hometown Promise, is Juliane Keller’s story. Juliane has a sister, Elise. She was such a big part of Juliane’s story that I had to give Elise a story of her own. Hometown Proposal is her story. I have two daughters, and it was fun writing books about two sisters. I also had a good time including area attractions, such as Hocking Hills and the Newport Aquarium, in the book.

I hope you will enjoy the stories from Kellerville.

Merrillee Whren
Hometown Promise, Feb. 2010
Hometown Proposal, Aug. 2010
With God all things are possible. Matt. 19:26

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments This sounds like a wonderful book!

I plan on putting it on my to be read list. :D

Thanks!

message 3: by Love Inspired (new)

Melissa, Kellerville is a wonderful town to get lost in for a while. :)

message 4: by Bella (new)

Bella Foxygobble (dcrain02) I just finished Hometown Promise. It was my first book by Merrillee Whren, and I look forward to reading Elise's story now. Any chance there will be more Kellerville books in the future? I really liked how capable Whren was able to take on tough issues in Hometown Promise such as alcoholism, jealousy, pride.

message 5: by Love Inspired (new)

Yes, I believe she's got at least one more coming...